1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake iTrader rating? What can i do?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by homeloans1, Jul 5, 2006.

1. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    If one party did not fullfill their end of the deal, then a rating should be given. That is kind of the point of the system. If you did not rate people who flaked out and committed to something and then did not follow through the rating would be worthless.

If someone posted a thread and then took bids and I bid 1 million dollars, and the guy ended the auction and then pursued me for the 1 million dollars, just because I never intended to pay for it, does not mean I am free from a negative rating. It means I deserve one in a bad way.

Homeloans,

Take this as a lesson to be more responsible. One bad mark is not going to destroy your reputation, but you should be much more careful in the future. People are not playing games here and this is not make believe. People are conducting real business, no matter how small the scale, and you should behave appropriately.

It is a warning for people to think twice before they start a transaction with you because you flaked out in the past. This is very valuable information to have.

If you don't want bad feedback or neutral feedback, then don't mislead people or flake out on deals.

In this post he accepts your bid : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=1045899&postcount=17

Here he posts when the auction ends:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=1046996&postcount=22

Here is homeloans posting several days after the auction ended:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=1074781&postcount=24

No where in there was there another bid by anyone else, nor was there a retraction of your bid. You bid, your bid was accepted, the auction ended. It was all clearly shown in that thread. How you can deny that no deal took place is mind-boggling. A deal took place, you simply failed to make payment. Thus you got a negative mark.

aeiouy, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  2. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Note to self, never sell to homeloans1!

Dekker, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  3. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Show me where SOLD was posted, and where i was declared winner. The auction was still OPEN.

IF this had happened, then it would have been different.

Now rating a trade that didnt occur based on me participating in a thread is similar to blackmailing/ extortion. I was rated after disclosing personal infos in the thread, NOT before, its even more evidence.

Sellers should be ashamed of their behaviour, who is going to buy anything from this people. Being a liar is one thing, but trying to extort money, making false accusations on a fake rating.

My participation in this thread could be rated via Reputation, not by iTrader Rating, its the only point am trying to make.

DigitalPoint rules have to be respected.

homeloans1, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You should have ansered at least one of his PMs, then it would have been a non issue. In fact, you wasted his time so you got a neutral. To me, that is what neutrals are for!!!

If it was red, you *might* be able to debate whether it was a finished deal but he was nice and just made it a neutral.

By being bullheaded, you are only further drawing attention to what is a non started and making a molehill into a mountain.

This isn't eBay. If the entire forum is saying it was warranted, it was warranted :rolleyes:

Let it go man

yfs1, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Dude, you wanted to wipe off the nutral rating, and you worsen it by getting deep into the red..
    Take the hint and drop the issue before its too late.
    This was YOUR fault thus you got the bad comment with neutral rating. end of the story, Move on.

The Webmaster, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I ended up giving him a red in the actual sales thread because he is trying to wreck the sellers reputation now.

Before anyone comments, read that entire thread (or AEIOY's sumup).. Its amazing how brazen this guy is. You would be forgiven for thinking he was right judged on his zeal but when you read the original thread, you can see he is way off base.

yfs1, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Agreed. The best thing you can do is move on and not bother others with your frustration.

Blogmaster, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  8. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    How mature of the inexperienced trader to leave me a negative feedback, after I was kind enough to let him off the hook. Just when he saw that everyone on the board disagrees with him, he thought he would make something in his favor by saying I'm a part of the Russian mafia? Let me ask you something, where the he** did that one come from??? I stand behind my claim and will not edit the neutrall feedback. Like someone already said here, I had the right to leave him a neutral rating (because he didn't complete payment) and he didn't (because no transaction occured). This will be reported to administration right away; 1) Calling me a part of the Russian mafia is unjust; 2) No blackmail ever occured - all I ever wanted was A RESPONSE from the buyer.

Excuse me, who are you calling 'they'? Russians in general? 3) Discrimination;

Hey, buddy, learn to trade - if you make a bid, have the decency to distract it in time. Trying to get MY money that YOU bid on a site is totally legal, unless you withdraw your bid. Or if you at least PM me back. 4) False claims;

I'm sure everyone here will agree with me, so I don't know what you're <b>STILL</b> trying to prove here.

Waiting more than 7 days is OK.... if you're waiting for a mail-in order. When you're waiting for an EMAIL, especially when you see that the person was on the forum, every day, and I checked out your profile where it says when you last were on the board, and it always was a date AFTER I sent you the PM's. That means you could have read them at any time. Whether you did or not is not my problem anymore - let the admins decide.

vip-ip, Jul 6, 2006 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Report him to the mods, I am sure they will take care of it. This is a misuse of iTrader.

10. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How stupid can you be to leave negative iTrader for this and call people Russian Mafia in iTrader feedback

iatbm, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  11. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize it was a rule in auctioning to yell out SOLD :p

Usually the person with the last bid is the winner.

Dekker, Jul 6, 2006 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  12. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I seriously think this is a 15-16 years old kid...

13. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the time being, you can also attach a comment to that rating with a link to this thread. That will allow people to get the full story behind your red.

Tyler Banfield, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  14. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Or put a link tp this thread in your sig, with anchor text like "This link explains my Negetive iTrader feedback"

15. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I feel that the negative rating applies to homeloans1 I have personally dealt with him. I feel that one should not place bids or offers if not serious about buying. And if you choose not to buy than retract and stop groaning and moaning because of negative feedback.

I also sold a site that homeloans1 had placed an offer for via pm. He at the time was the highest bid at the close of the sale. I pmed him several times and emailed him as well and no response of I retract the offer. So I just put the site back up for sale two days later. The site sold to someone else.

Move on and get over is the best advice given to homeloans1 it could have been worse of a rating if I had left you a bad rating for the failed non retraction on your part. But I got over it.

And if anyone asks why am I on this thread. It is because I want to warn others than homeloans1 is doing things not to just one person but to several.

And I am sure there will be some who will pound me for my post. But others need to be aware of what homeloans1 is doing. And it wasnt accidently either.

lpstong, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  16. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    I think homeloans1 should be banned.

Dekker, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  17. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    So this guy is a plain jerk, and he has no intention to do business even if that place a bid

*Note to self*: Dont even accept a bid from homeloans in any of own auction.

Thanks lpstong for bringing this issue into the light. you too should have left a iTrader that time.

I am 100% agree with you..

18. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy is so full of shit, and an asshole to boot.

Dekker, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  19. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to thank everyone who raised my rep. in this thread and the other one, too, you guys helped me out a lot. lpatong, if I were you I would give him a negative feedback right now, too.

vip-ip, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  20. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Man report that negative itrader ! ... We all know that it doesn't belong there.

iatbm, Jul 6, 2006 IP