1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's Algorithm CHANGED.... Anchor text is DEAD

Discussion in 'Google' started by LinkMasterFlash, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I go by what Google does, not what they say. The best way to see what they are doing is just search them using keyword modifiers. PR is a factor, but I can outrank a site with a higher PR most of the time (unless it's an authority site with high competition keywords)

ronmojohny, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. gotroot

gotroot Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, I do not agree with your whole "anchor text is dead" idea. It simple does not make sense secondly besides the unique yet utterly useless theory that you put forward in your post, there is nothing else that we do not know. Most of us already know that PR0 directory backlinks have little or no worth to them. Also, having high PR backlinks from authority websites always mattered. So what's so new that you just discovered?

gotroot, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the anchor text is not dead but Google be "more" cautious to give weight to links. Google be more selective on the link you gain and the link they would give some weight. They have changed their own criteria so some link that used to be powerful may not be like that in sometime period. Google may give more time of link age before give a trust to that link.

Sxperm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  4. MarktheDude

MarktheDude Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that anchor text is dead, I just recently started doing it for one of my personal sites just for fun and within 2 weeks I was ranking on the first page of google not #1 on the first page, but I was on the first page none the less. I think it's true about what sites though you go through, I never go through anything less than a pr 3.

Anyways there is my 2 cents.

MarktheDude, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    Anchor text is farrrrrrrrrr from dead.

zingo, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  6. roger123

roger123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    High PR backlinks are always good to get higher rankings in Google, but you should not overlook numerous links from PR0 directories and other sites. They are still needed to make your link profile look natural. You should have a good mix of incoming links. If your link profile looks artificial, it would incur Google penalt soon.

roger123, Mar 7, 2009 IP
    malcolm1 likes this.
  7. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Roger..... if you have an artificial link profile.... its not your fault..... because then there's the saboteurs

Put it like this.....

I think anchor is nearly dead...... its certainly not what it was 6 months ago

LinkMasterFlash, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  8. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree not to use that crappy directory linking since it will be hard to get what we seek to get,most scamer say about thousand directory at once.they use PR0 for this that you should avoid away from you

Komicwords, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  9. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blue Star Ent., Mar 8, 2009 IP
  10. tristanmhz

tristanmhz Peon

Best Answers:
    not all wrong but anchor text still plays a huge role i have a site that i rank for keyword "xxxx" 204million competiton nothing but anchor text linkbuilding. recently too.

tristanmhz, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  11. dummy4sb

dummy4sb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd actually believe that. PR0 link juice does nothing now.

dummy4sb, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  12. Eka

Eka Peon

Best Answers:
    Who advised you to get crappy PR0 backlinks?

Listen, forget about crap directories and crappy blog postings. Get 3 or 4 real + related high pr backlinks and then forget about it > start to add content to your site and don't stop adding quality content till you have a decent salary.

Crappy BL's are a waste of time. Better focus on adding content to your site.

Eka, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  13. ultimatemediagroup

ultimatemediagroup Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that google always calculated and got into account the pagerank of the backlink, so if you got a backlink from a pr5 website with no anchor text specific to your site would be much better than getting 1000 pro0 backlinks with anchor text inside!!!

my point is - aim at high pagerank websites when asking for backlinks!

ultimatemediagroup, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  14. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    no, i don't think so, i got top 10 for the keyword "Freeware Files" recently. it is because of building backlinks

gr8webseller, Mar 9, 2009 IP