1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A little constructive criticism for an album review site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jim_h, Jul 4, 2006.

http://www.givesgoodaural.com

Just scrapped our entire old design and went with some fresh css, tried to keep it as simple and clean as possible. Today I'm working on some fluff content instead of just the recent reviews but any suggestions, comments, and complaints would be nice to see if I'm at least headed in the right direction. Thanks!

Edit: Don't be surprised if I've overlooked something programatically that may be really obvious. I've only just picked up php/mysql/css/javascript as of December 05, so I'm still learning a lot as I go along.

jim_h, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  2. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    menus seem a bit big , can be reduced,
    all the items can be given a border
    one more color can be used to make the page colorful.
    rest seems simple and decent

forumrating, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  3. jim_h

jim_h Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the feedback! i've been wondering about a couple of those things. goin to try out a new color and some borders tonight. much appreciated

jim_h, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  4. accessdi

accessdi Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the site, looks professional. What CMS do you use?

accessdi, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  5. mikerawson

mikerawson Peon

Best Answers:
    yes the site runs well and looks good - but i agree about the color - it doesnt come across that good to me - but its no biggie

mikerawson, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  6. jim_h

jim_h Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm experimenting with some more grey, like you see in the albums/artists sections alphabetized link bar, but I've got this itching feeling its just going to look a bit more droning with more grey in there. I may end up doing some more with the beige color I've got in the logo.

accessdi: I custom built the CMS. I need to overhaul the backend to make it a little more user friendly, and get it onto the new stylesheet. But I custom built the frontend/backend to work with. The backend was built with the help of interakts extensions for dreamweaver. It turned the chore of setting up forms and master/detail lists into a quick task that takes like 2-3 minutes to set up. Which left me some much needed time to hunch over the keyboard and hammer out design. Thanks for the compliment!

jim_h, Jul 6, 2006 IP