1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am losing many orders by my reply... What's wrong with my reply message?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by article writer, Mar 6, 2009.

I get numerous PMs from many clients.

While they before PMing me, they know all the details including price, turnaround time, and have seen the sample article as well.

But when I reply them, they don't confirm the order.

I start up the reply mesage with these words,

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on my service.

Once you made the payment, just PM me I will start your project.

Thanks & Regards,

-----------------------------------

But I don't understand why they are not confirming the order.

I request DPer's to give their inputs to reply to the client's message powerfully.

Even if any experienced DPer contributes a Email/Reply Template that works better for them and as well the tips, concepts to implement while writing the reply message to clients will be greatful.

By your inputs this thread would become a great thread for the people who wants to learn the Client Communication Techniques.

article writer, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  2. AFGed

AFGed Banned

Best Answers:
    Honestly there's a lot of those people on digitalpoint, they probably either just wanted to waste your time or waste their own time, and I don't see anything wrong (it's actually good) with your reply, so just keep at it.

AFGed, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  3. amazingserviceprovider

amazingserviceprovider Peon

Best Answers:
    Your Pm Message is Good, I think ur rate is not good to them or else, your payment method is not preferred by them

that is the reason, you may not get replies,

amazingserviceprovider, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  4. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are some errors in your basic PM template.

Nobody is interested "on" a service.

Once you "made" the payment is also wrong.

They might probably have selected a better service provider, although why one would send a PM after knowing everything beats me.

gr8liverpoolfan, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  5. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    "on my service" is wrong (a person looking for quality writing service will be turned down with this).
    Instead you can write, 'Thanks for your interest'

'Once you made the payment, just PM me I will start your project' doesn't read refined.
    Instead you can write, 'PM me once you'd transferred funds to my paypal, and I will start writing'

There are a lot of people at DP who will not care to even reply back; maybe lack of basic etiquette or lack of time. It though is freakingly annoying we need to become immune to such things.

Best Wishes
    l2w

Live2Write, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  6. loai24

loai24 Peon

Best Answers:
    try fixing your english...
    thanks for your interest on my service?
    should be
    Thanks for your interest in my services...

loai24, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  7. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Seconding those who mentioned the errors in text. I'd like to add that you are asking them to make payment before you start work. While I don't question your requirement for payment to be made up front, that may lose you a lot of clients. That does not, however, mean it's a bad policy.

I think a lot of the DP buyers have dealt with crappy service providers so they may not want to pay you until they've seen your work for them. Your samples in no way guarantee that the work you do for clients will be good.

Y.L. Prinzel, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  8. DragonGuy

DragonGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What Y.L. said is extremely right. As a client, I typically pay the writers after they send me the articles, and the payment is nearly immediate as long as I sit before the computer.

If the writers are proven to be reliable, I have no problem to send them upfront payment. However, here in DP I've had four cases in which I was cheated. They asked for upfront and failed to deliver articles, some of them even have several positive itraders.

Long term business is based on mutual trust. I lost some money but this is business. I'm glad to have found in DP some really great writers like Y.L.

DragonGuy, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  9. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just my 2 Cents. If you are doing stuff on DP, there's not much need of any formal business letters here. As far as I am aware, people here prefer to the point PMs, or IMs. So keep it to the point.

However on other Professional Sites, you may need to draft your letter a little but don't go on writing too much crap as that is equally damaging and considered spam.

Xavier_3D, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  10. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    "But I don't understand why they are not confirming the order." Because they probably aren't interested in your offer. It could be the price, the quality of your work or you're just not the person they're looking for.

Well, waiting for their reply wastes a lot of your time so just move forward and look for other clients. And if they are indeed interested in your offer, you'll hear from them soon enough.

cd928, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  11. m_v_s

m_v_s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Too many problems in your PM template..
    Improve your English by reading Wren & Martin for grammar. Take the help of newspapers & magazines...As well as write small essays. It will really help you improve your writing..
    No body will give you work once you have made major mistakes like these in the PM itself..
    Work on your English for a week. It will be improve a lot in that time...

m_v_s, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  12. Lalit_Burma

Lalit_Burma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think this line is not at all attractive and may be the reason.

Once you made the payment, just PM me I will start your project.

Instead of this just give your paypal address and write awaiting for your valuable order.

Also note this from whom you are getting PMs. If they are respected and high iTrader co-members they certainly want to do business with you. But if they are new member than do not care if they did not place any order.

Lalit_Burma, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  13. infofreek

infofreek Peon

Best Answers:
    just my 2 cents.
    Your PM needs a punch. Explain everything why you are the best possible candidate and he has no other option except choosing you.

infofreek, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  14. article writer

article writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for your inputs.

I really got some good gems out here to get the orders confirmed.

I have given few of them below,

Fixing my English and sending PM with a punch using copywriting techniques that powerfully makes them feel confident to confirm the order.

Keeping the PM straight to the point.

If itrader is good then doing the work without upfront fee.

Just giving them my paypal info, and not asking them for the payment.

article writer, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  15. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of them might have been too impatient and found other writers to work with by the time you responded. Even if you replied back quickly, they still might have been communicating with others privately as well. Don't worry too much. If they end up receiving horrible content from the other writers (and they probably will), they'll work with you instead. :)

avonlee1983, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  16. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Your iTrader is still too low, nobody gonna pay upfront to someone with a low iTrader,
    you need to get more iTrader and build your reputation first by getting the payment after the job is done.

But beware, you'll get scammed easily if you not careful

fouzie, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  17. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's one thing to ask for payment up front if you're an established professional with significant demand. If you're relatively new, they simply may not be willing to pay before seeing something.

More importantly though, why on earth are you asking for payment before it looks like you've even "talked" to the client?? Why aren't you showing a genuine interest in your client's needs by asking them questions to clarify what they want from the articles, and who those articles are supposed to be reaching? That's not how professionals work. You need to show an interest and show that you're invested in actually giving the client what they want and need. Right now, you're not even touching on it. You're just jumping to the "give me money" phase. Big turnoff.

jhmattern, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  18. daremkd

daremkd Peon

Best Answers:
    Providing valuable questions regarding intent of the work needed to be done the methods and style you wil use
    a small but targeted proposal of things you will do that will make your service more valuable

be proactive and respond to pm within the hour and if you hav to ask for money straight away do it with out fanfare and be straight to the point do not emphasize it but make it part of the steps you and th client will take including the targeted proposal and questions that ask them about the work at hand.

You need to show them by doing this that you are as much if not more interested in completing the work and eager to find out how to get it done by their wishes and any extra things you may be able to do for them which other witers dont ( for example be able to write content targeted to social media etc. )

and no spelling errors or grammar obviously :)

daremkd, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  19. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would always reply to their PM letting them know what I think about the topic, whether I can do it, when I can fit it in and asking them some questions. When it comes to payment I would phrase it as if it's not set in stone, that you are flexible and willing to offer a refund if they aren't happy with the first article since they haven't worked with you before. I think this approach works well because they really have nothing to lose. I think clients will also see that you're genuine and really want them to be happy with your work.

But then again, there is no saying that this is the right way, and it is always up to you how you want to go about asking for payments etc. After all, you are just as much at risk of wasting your time and effectively losing your money as the clients are of spending money on articles they never receive.

mspennylane, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  20. Fluxos

Fluxos Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me be completely honest with you here.... Perhaps your command of the english language isn't up to the expectations of some buyers here.

Fluxos, Mar 8, 2009 IP