1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first CB test: help me out here

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scubita, Mar 6, 2009.

Hi guys

I'm tired of sending 100 hops per day to a affiliate and no sales. Decided to use my traffic to sell my own CB product. So, here's my doubts:

- Can i sell a 5 pages Ebook? Or there is a minimum requirement on this?
    - Can i rewrite some old PPL articles or ebook and put it on sale?
    - What is the best resource site on how to create the all system (besides this CB info)?

Cheers!

scubita, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  2. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see CB approving such kind of product, still Its better if you directly contact CB for this..

Robert25, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  3. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, 90% of CB products are just "this kind of product". :rolleyes:

Can someone answer my questions please? A experienced CB publisher/product owner? Thanks!

scubita, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  4. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I had not seen any 5 pages E book on CB. May be you are right to some extent but 90% is not the case for sure....

Robert25, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  5. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just elaborate your 5 page ebook into a 25 page one :rolleyes:

nikvn, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  6. enote

enote Member

Best Answers:
    A five page book, unless it's the secret of life, then you might want to expand so people feel they're getting value.

enote, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  7. Capler

Capler Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't become a publisher if you're planning to throw up garbage that offers no value. This is the whole reason CB has gotten a bad name. Do your research, spend time, becoming a successful affiliate first.

Capler, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  8. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback. Will definitely take those points into consideration while developing the product. Anyway, it's not a product to compete with anyone, and i don't expect other guys to promote it, just my test.

Can anyone shed me some lights on these questions?

- Can i sell a 5 pages Ebook? Or there is a minimum requirement on this?
    - What is the best resource site on how to create the all system (besides this CB info)?

scubita, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  9. Capler

Capler Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, you could sell a 5 page eBook. However, are you really providing any value with that short of a publication?

If you truly aren't looking for affiliates and considering CB probably won't approve a 5 page eBook (at least I.. hope not), just sell it directly via Paypal and save the CB fees.

Capler, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  10. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again, guess i will test it that way. If it goes well, i will invest in a ghostwriter and a real product. We'll see ;)

scubita, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  11. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can sell a 5 page ebook through clickbank, they don't check the ebook for the quality and value of the product. They only skim it to make sure there is nothing illegal in it.

With a 5 page ebook however it better be the best damn 5 pages in the world otherwise you will probably get buyers who think they have been ripped off and end up refunding. That being said there is a publisher here who was trying to push their pathetic 5 page ebook for $40 and the content was absolutely pathetic........yes you know who you are :D

terryd, Mar 6, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  12. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Just what i expected from CB...

Who is he? :p BTW, Selling my report for $9 as a test right now.

scubita, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  13. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you will do better to maybe set up a membership site on a monthly renewal.. as remember the 60 refund policy for CB..as if your book is 5 pages of fluff people will be asking for refunds no end..

then all you do is choose a niche and write 5 pages every month ina report format.. call it the "The X Report" where X is your niche for eg.. my advice is this..

the real money is in CB as a publisher.. but you should not become a publisher until you have cut your teeth and made aminimumof 10K as an affiliate.. it will help you identify with what you team is facing.

good luck

2-4-K, Mar 7, 2009 IP
    scubita likes this.
  14. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Decided to deliver a longer (22 pages) and truly good ebook at CB. Right now i am expecting my product approval. Is it supposed for me to create the Hoplinks etc right now? Cause i tried (under "My Site") and i always get a error - Non english characters...

wtf?

scubita, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  15. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Another doubt:

Clickbank Secret Key: Activation Yes or No? And why?

scubita, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  16. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, some other questions, since i am getting nowhere with my product, not one single sale, not less then 100 hops per day, some days almost 350 hops.

My affiliates don't make sales and i really want to get hands down and dirty with this product.

Sells at $40, the landing page is not that good but sure is attractive into this niche, and only selling one ebook. Video Package is coming next weeks. I have a above the fold free bonus call to action to opt-in but no success so far.

My doubts:

- Can i change product price to do a slip test? Maybe duplicate product and sell it at $20?
    - What do you advice to do a 2 Landing Pages slip test? How to do it? I want to test a "oldie" landing page, cause the one i got is really graphic.

Any more tips?

Thanks in advance for helping a CB newbie.

scubita, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  17. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the time price is a factor.

If price $40 or $39 don't work try $29. If you go less than $25, affiliates will hesitate to promote it due to less commission.

Robert25, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  18. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    So, can i just change the product price at ClickBank Vendor panel and no problem?

scubita, Mar 21, 2009 IP