1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happened to femininity and the American family?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Mar 3, 2009.

I'll tell you what happened, the abandonment of real femininity has crippled the American family. Well why's that such a big deal, how does that affect anyone; everyone's equal aren't they? Sure everyone's equal, slaves too share equal rights. America has imprisoned itself through immorality and political correctness.

So how is it that the feminine role is viewed so negatively? Is it because most of us have been deluded by your social authorities? How did a great nation like this turn into such a shallow cesspool that we can no longer see the real nature of things, we only see things on the surface because we've been so dumbed down through the media.

The mothering role was abandoned because at some point it's been beat into our heads that it is an INFERIOR ROLE. How in the world could someone, let alone an entire society, be so stupid as to believe some part of nature is inferior?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, our "intellectual", "evolving" society has "advanced" in such a way that reality no longer exists. We now live in one giant politically correct bubble where everyone feels entitled to the best attributes of every aspect of nature. There is now "no difference" between man and woman.. besides of course the obvious biological differences.. but how dare you think that could possibly indicate different roles!!

The destruction of the American family is the cause of the destruction of this nation; a nation is made of its people, when principles are flushed down the toilet - so too will the nation's principles. This nation was especially built on principles, there will be obvious consequences for abandoning them.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

-John Adams

Of course I'm not particularly religious. But if being religious is what it takes to preserve morality and culture, (as we can see morality can usually not be assured by the secularist movement) I'll observe and respect religion on my own accord. Without the government's hypocritical (the least moral entity of us) coercion.

ncz_nate, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  2. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ask the women. perhaps that "real femininity" was not that real after all.

cientificoloco, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  3. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No difference between men and women?

ncz_nate, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  4. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no, I mean they may not agree with the roles adjudicated to classical femininity

cientificoloco, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    C'mon Nate, you have an unusual view of what a marriage is. You hardly seem like someone who should be complaining about the loss of the traditional family.

I was bothered by the post above, but figured I would let it slide. But it does not make sense to me how you can in one hand bitch about the loss of the traditional family and view marriage as "horse crap" at the same time. Something does not make sense.

browntwn, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I once was at the bank and struck up a conversation witha bank teller when I was in college. The conversation then got to my mom. The lady asked what job my mom did and i told her she was a housewife and mother. The lady then responded by saying " is that all she does? She doesnt even work" I responded by saying she has the toughest job on earth and shes a real woman lol" I almost wanted to say" one day when she gets bored she might take up something very easy like bank telling " lol. Feminity is almost gone in our society and with it the loss of respect for the awesome and most difficult role of housemom and wife.

What a shame. Someone please take me back to the 1920's - 1950's ASAPPPPP

pingpong123, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  7. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The "classical femininity" was forced on women, often by countries of christian and Islamic religion. The same countries that also forced widespread slavery. That couldn't last because people will fight for their freedom.
    There is no destruction of the American family, because the old view was just a fake "pretty mask" covering a ugly face. During "classic femininity" (created by men), women had less rights, freedoms, and many were abused behind closed doors. That is not what family is about.

Most women today are not feminist or the "classic femininity", They are a wide range with majority somewhere in the middle. But if you want a woman that is "classic femininity" I'm sure you can still find one.
    I'm quite sure if you make enough money, it should not be hard to find a woman who is willing to be a housewife.

I thought that was a bit odd as well

windtalker, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  8. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    If you read the post after that you'd see I changed my mind. You also left out the part before that I say..

I'm a cynic, some days more than others. Besides, you don't necessarily have to marry to have a good family, although I was suggesting the traditional type of family in this thread.

These bank tellers are the people I'm talking about and why I made this thread.. ignorant people.

What's wrong with this isn't just the fact that they downplay the role of women, but they do it usually out of greed - $$$materialism$$$. Gotta have that money, gotta impress everyone, gotta have a nice big house, gotta cause a depression.
    I'm not talking about rights, women should have all the rights they want. See we need to make a distinction between what government ought to do and what society ought to do voluntarily. Everyone automatically goes into government-thinking mode. I'm making suggestions society may want to incorporate instead of petitioning or asking why the government doesn't outlaw some behavior.

Once women gained their freedom, they imprisoned themselves by thinking they HAD to go out there and abandon their role, through media manipulation of course. You know it's funny, people are most enslaved when they think they're free <--- that's a universal truth.

Those arguing against natural femininity are basically saying that for women, money is better than love. It's better to get a big house and have all the material desires you could imagine than raise your kids.

Is it any wonder the newer generations are so spoiled and feel entitled to everything? Is it any wonder Obama got elected by these same spoiled children who never had the privilege of growing up in a real family? The last thing government wants is for the American family to revive, government serves as the parent.

ncz_nate, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  9. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, i dont see it forced upon my own mother who dresses very modern and is very real in everything she does. The problem is that our society today wants you to think that it was just all a charade.The destruction of the American family is very real, or maybe you think its afigment of our imagination when we have a 65% divorce rate and children today screaming for the love of a real family and instead of talking to the parents, they are going to a shrink to try to solve their problems stemming from a lack of love from the parents who arent there. Sorry dude, the destruction of the American family is real and anyone who cant see this is either in denail or on a fantasyland.

pingpong123, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  10. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP, you think you lot have it bad? Take a trip here to England. Then you'll see how the PC brigade has destroyed our country.

BRUm, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  11. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever been to denmark, sweden or the netherlands?

iul, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  12. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your mother made that choice then that is fine, nothing is wrong with that because it is her CHOICE. But during the "classic femininity" period of american history many women did not have that choice and had to be a housewife forced on them because of society. That is wrong because their freedom was taken away.
    The high 60% divorce rate only show the reality of western family situations, that would have been shown before and not hidden away if women's rights were not stolen from them. People were cheating, being abusing, and unhappy with their marriages just as much back then as now, it just was behind closed doors.
    Also majority of the children seeing shrinks often have married parents, not divorced. What is the point of staying married if parents are constantly arguing? That does more psychological damaged to a child's mind than seeing the two people they love at least admit they have unworkable differences.

So the destruction of the American family is not more real today than in the past. It just so happens that since women have their freedom to leave a unwanted relationship you now is able to see its ugly face that was hidden under the mask of "classic feminity".

I am not too worried. Things change through time even the definition of "classic femininity". If the old ways was so good, natural, and wanted then it would not have died or been fought away. Just going from the statistics majority of people do not agree with the old society ideals of marriage, both men and women.
    But like I said before women are not all the same and have a wide range of ideals, so you can find one that agrees with what you want/believe in.

windtalker, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  13. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Very sore subject for me.

I plan on staying home with my kids, even if I have to eat peanut butter sandwiches everyday to survive. If my husband has to work 3 jobs, I will stay home. Maybe that's why I'm going to be 30 and still don't have any children. But, I'd rather do it right than all these 21 year olds that get married, pop out kids, try to have it all, and end up getting divorced 3 years later. I see too many people that have kids that shouldn't, don't want to put the time and love into them that they really need, and it's sickening. I'm harsh and believe if you aren't ready for kids you should keep it zipped up or take responsibility for birth control (both men AND women). I'm sick of people telling me that their kids were accidents, not planned, and they got pregnant while on the pill. Yeaaaaaa. Probably a lot more of a rare occurance than people want to admit. Ask most women and they'll tell you HONESTLY they got pregnant cuz they missed a pill or two. Been on it since I was 16 and NEVER had a scare....taken correctly it does work.

My sister and I came from a divorced family and vowed to never put our children through that. My parents still try to throw jabs at each other, even 25 years later.

When I got home from school, no parent. I had to walk myself to school. I had to cook dinner. I never had anyone home to read to me. I never had anyone to help me with my homework.

Even the BEST of divorces f*ck your children up.

My sister just had a child. And she stays home with him, putting her own business on hold. Her husband happily goes off to work to support the family. She does her job, he does his.

It is our DUTY to take care of our children. I don't understand why people would even chance having one if they are not ready to actually give it a family, stay home, and spend time with their children.

It's like getting a dog, chaining it up in the backyard, and never spending any time with it. And trust me, it feels like that too.

Disconnect the premium cable, buy second hand clothes, use coupons, whatever you have to do to stay home with your kids.

Firegirl, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  14. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    That's not being harsh, that's being real. People really need to hear this, I don't care much it hurts to hear it - sometimes the best medicine is hard to swallow.

My brother and I made the same vow :D :(

It's tougher than it sounds, I've been through it. Now of course the limousine liberals will undermine the family because they usually have no experience like this. That's not to say they didn't have a dysfunctional family - usually they grow up with both parents kind of around, spoiling their kids to make up for their lack of parenting. They go through life thinking they're entitled to everything, and thus become a Democratic voter.

But see I had a taste of family for a few years of my early life, living with my grandparents. It didn't last long of course (you can thank drunk drivers for that), but it was enough to see the difference between having something and having nothing. And since I have more than half a brain inside my cranium I know what that something is.

Selfishness. I long for the day "parents" realize the damage they've done. Almost every single human problem in this world comes from bad parenting in some way or another.

“There is no education like adversity”

We'll learn the hard way what is right, and maybe this time we'll stick with it.

ncz_nate, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  15. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn right!

Toopac, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  16. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    first you say secularism can't produce a moral society despite the fact that some of the most advanced societies today are secular and now you make ridiculous claims about liberals. Can you please explain how exactly believing in "freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, an individual's right to private property, and a transparent system of government" is the result of bad parenting and being spoiled?

iul, Mar 5, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  17. nitreb

nitreb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The liberal comment was out of touch. However I am sick of people whom believe that no woman should stay home to take care of their kids, and make sure they have a bright future, such as the Banker from previous post.

Trick question:
    Is it okay for the roles to be changed? Have the father stay home, and the mother working 3 jobs.

nitreb, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  18. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, no.

Let me put it this way. I would rather have my husband stay home IF there were no other options, but the woman really should be the one to stay home. Babies (children under the age of 3) need their mommies. Women should breast feed their kids at least until the age of 1, so if men can breast feed they can stay home. And men STILL make more money in the workplace than women do. Would I want to work for less money than my husband and miss my children growing up? Hell no...

Firegirl, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  19. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to understand something when speaking with yanks mate, our idea (European idea) of Liberalism is the opposite of theirs :) They mean different things over the pond.

Keep that in mind.

BRUm, Mar 6, 2009 IP