1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Idea for Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by fireboat, Mar 3, 2009.

My suggestion to Clickbank:

Allow publishers to set up an automatic "thank you" email that will be sent to the customer. The publisher would be able to say whatever he wants to the customer.... like:

• "Thanks for downloading this product" or
    • "If you need help, feel free to contact me" or
    • "You can return to the download page by going to http://www...."

The email would NOT be a mailing list, but rather a one-time message that is automatically sent to customers who purchase the product.

Three reasons why this would be useful to me:

1. It would give me a chance to introduce my other products to the customer, resulting in more sales.
    2. I've always gotten the occasional email from a buyer that says, "I lost the product file, my order number is XXXXX. Can you please send me a link to download the file again?"
    3. And, on occasion, I get a customer who says, "I ordered the product, but it was never emailed to me." (Of course, you and I know it's an instant download... and the customer SHOULD have gotten it from the thank you page, but a few customers still close their browser and wait for the file to come via email.

Just another idea... if anyone from Clickbank is reading this, I hope you will consider it.

fireboat, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  2. Capler

Capler Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have an opt-in box on your thank you page and you promise product updates and such you should get the vast majority to opt-in...

But yes I suppose it would be nice on CB's part.

Capler, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  3. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of packages out here that will do that for you. I use DLGuard, and it will put out a customized email for you after every sale.

venrooy, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  4. BlackTactics

BlackTactics Banned

Best Answers:
    nice tips man. cheers.

BlackTactics, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. TheRichPig

TheRichPig Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily do this in your thank you page.

When a sale is made and the customer redirected to the thank you page you have all his details and therefore you can send any email you want (and lot of other things)!

TheRichPig, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  6. CBGCash

CBGCash Banned

Best Answers:
    Good idea.

It's never enough to say thanks to the customers since that way both CB and everyone will benefit as refund rates will go down.

CBGCash, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  7. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quite true. And something as simple as providing a link to the download page could bring down tech support requests by a lot.

I'd say about 50% of my "tech support" emails are answered with, "Thanks for buying the product. The following link will take you to the download page." And it works - that's all they need.

fireboat, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  8. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    When a sale is made, clickbank sends an email to the customer, the email also include the download link and the details of the order.

Most of the stuff on this Thread are already being done/ or can be easily done without clickbaank intervention....

Any of you ever bough a clickbank product yet to see the full process? if no, its a good idea to do so....

web_18designer, Mar 7, 2009 IP