1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Q: Why paying web hosting?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ipunkbali, Mar 4, 2009.

I don't understand why people paying webhosting company 6-15$ monthly if they can get free hosting on wordpress or blogger?? What are the benefit outside of getting thousands GB storage, which I don't need that cos I will die in the next 50 years? Design? Wordpress has many beautiful templates. Own domain? I can redirect my blog to myname.com from wordpress.

What else? Thanks.

ipunkbali, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  2. marshal_ramdev

marshal_ramdev Member

Best Answers:
    I think people need webhosting because

1. Get ftp for direct upload / download there files.
    2. Email addresss.
    3. Plenty of other script to install.
    4. Sub-domains.
    5. 99% up of servers.
    n much much more

marshal_ramdev, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. SiLvER

SiLvER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 from me, also having a hosting account with 10-20 sites and domains parked in it is easy to manage, having all stuff together.

Blogs are good but they are still BLOGS.

SiLvER, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  4. ipunkbali

ipunkbali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it worth it for blogger paying hosting company? As SiLvER said, blogs are just blogs.

ipunkbali, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. HostingDealsNow

HostingDealsNow Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people don't just host blogs, there are plenty of other scripts such as forums, business web sites, etc.

A real hosting account will also give you support and things that you'll never get from wordpress and blogger.

HostingDealsNow, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  6. Artimmi

Artimmi Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh, man.
    First, don't mess free hosting and free services.
    Paid hosting is a space you rent and you are able to do whatever you want (add: domain forwarding, subdomains, emails; manage: pages, scipts, databases and other files).
    Free hosting is limited on features and usually worth of ads displayed on your pages - that's the price and the only difference with paid one.

And if you need just a blog, of course, you can use free services - if it's enough for you.
    For somebody having myspace profile page or page on classifieds is enough btw.

Artimmi, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  7. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    You have to remember that people paying for their hosting is not just for blogging. Some of them are using it for forums, online stores, web directories etc. None of these can't be done on free Wordpress or Blogger.

Beside that, when people are paying for hosting, they not paying just for disk space and bandwidth, but they also paying for hosting support. If you have problem with your site, you know whom you can refer to.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  8. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I only use wordpress on a few of my sites and I still run them on my hosting accounts.

micksss, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  9. ciolanit

ciolanit Peon

Best Answers:
    it's not that expensive to pay for a good host and for a domain name, plus the blog name is shorter

ciolanit, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  10. JoshFizgerts

JoshFizgerts Peon

Best Answers:
    If your just running a blog, free hosting is probably fine. but when you've got a website, hobby or especially business, paid hosting is essential. You need the bandwidth! usually need the extra space. need the extra features like all enabled PHP functions, ftp, e-mails, WHM (if hosting), etc. i could go on. theres so many more advantages. And also, a domain is straight forward, its professional, easy to remember, branding, etc...

JoshFizgerts, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  11. Flip-Side Entertainment

Flip-Side Entertainment Member

Best Answers: