1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake iTrader rating? What can i do?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by homeloans1, Jul 5, 2006.

Hello,

I received a fake iTrade rating. No transaction occurred.

I've never seen something like that before.

What can i do? It was mean!

Please help

Thank you very much

homeloans1, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  2. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Who had given it?? report that trader to MODs/Admin
    Fake iTrader is a serious issue and is agianst the rule, the person who left it may get banned..

The Webmaster, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  3. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  4. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't leave feedback on a transaction that never occured. He does'nt deny it , thats why he left NEUTRAL feedback. I dont want feedback at all, there is reputation if you want to leave a comment about a member you dont like.

Quotes from feedback comment.

I'm not mad at the member, but it was a big surprise to receive feedback. Even neutral is not ok, i dont want any feedback. I didnt buy or sell anything on this thread.

A trade that never existed can't be rated :)

5. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ya it's not fair, just report him to the mods and see what they do.

rubeina, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  6. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    He's mad at me bc i "polluted" his sale by disclosing personal infos. I am not an angel either.

I placed a bid, requested to see more proof, asked questions, and decided not to buy it. I've never posted SOLD in the thread. I was also not declared winner by seller. So its fake feedback.

7. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not mad because you disclosed personal info about me. Whatever I find personal, won't be posted in public. I am mad because:

1) You bid $500 and never granted your payment after I pm'ed you multiple times. This is not some low-$xx domain speculation, this is serious.
    2) You ignore all of my messages - what am I supposed to do after a week has passed by, I see that you log on the forum, but don't respond to a serious issue?
    3) If someone wants top retract a bid - that's fine with me, but please have the decensy to INFORM THE SELLER that you are doing so. Don't keep it silent, this just irritates whoever you're doing business with.
    4) If you wanted to find out info about my business - why not PM me? Posting something like that might be considered sales crashing at some forums and that is punishable.

Like I said, I'm not at war with you or anything. I didn't leave you a negative feedback because you don't deserve it. I did, however, leave you a neutral feedback because a bid is a contract; it might not state so in the rules, but it's common sense and good practice in online trading. Everyone follows it, and I just thought that I was treated rudely and immaturely. If I had a contract signed by you stating that you agree to buy the site, I wouldn't negotiate and go straight to court which would prove me right.

If a transaction didn't occur, though, then what's the point of having a choice of neutral and negative feedbacks? I think my comments were fair and true, if an admin considers it inappropriate please remove it.

vip-ip, Jul 5, 2006 IP
    iatbm likes this.
  8. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    who know what you two were PMing eachoter....Just get over it

iatbm, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  9. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to come here. You should get banned but i asked the moderator to clean your thread and just remove the feedback.

No trade= no rating.

I was not declared winner by seller, and i never posted SOLD. Just check the thread. Its called FAKE rating.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=100783&page=2 Everyone can see that i didnt win it.
    My last PM from seller was dated 30th of June, 2006.

10. vip-ip

vip-ip Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least 6 PM's were sent to the bidder and no response was received until I left neutral feedback. If that's what it takes me to get attention, then that alone shows so much about the user.

vip-ip, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  11. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    You bidded in his auction, as far as I see you didnt retract your bid. You were not buying it on BIN so you dint need to post sold, all you had to do is, just retract your bid, which you didnt do, and the seller claims that he PMed you multiple times but you didnt really respond.
    So it deserves a -ve iTrader, I am surprised that he gave you a nutral one.

get over it dude..

12. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Feedback in question:
    "HORRIBLE waste of time!!! No communication, IMMATURE, worst experience ever."

If what vip-ip said in his above post is true, then I don't think the feedback he left is unreasonable. I wouldn't be complaining over neutral feedback, at least he was kind enough not to leave negative ;)

Tyler Banfield, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  13. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Long comment for a non-existent trade :) My question is how to get it removed not IF it should get removed.

No deal= no rating.

14. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Get over it and it will get removed by itself :D

iatbm, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  15. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Dude According to rules YOU are not allowed to leave a feedback for vip-ip. as you didnt buy the site.

He has all the rights to leave feedback as you were the winner of the auction as you didnt retarct the bid, yet you didnt respond/buy the site.
    Thus you are a -ve buyer.
    be happy that he gave you only nutral feedback, you truly deserve it, period.

16. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Agreed, that feedback is more than deserved and a warning for other people here to think twice before doing business with you

fryman, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  17. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    homeloans1,

You have some experienced members here who have shown favour to the seller. I suggest you be humble and gracious ans just say "sorry" for any intention. This will go away in time. What's happened is not such bad thing. Move on and enjoy the forums.

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  18. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually ironic that by starting this thread, you have brought much more attention to this issue than you ever needed to. Do yourself a favor and let it go...

Tyler Banfield, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  19. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Homeloans1, face it my friend. I think most everyone is going to agree with the Webmasters words above. If you placed a bid you knowing entered into a binding contract. You did participate. And you reniged on that deal when you failed to communicate your retraction and then did not follow through with the sale. In the meantime the seller has to worry and wonder if his time, work and other potential buyers are lost. You are lucky to have gotten only a neutral. I would have given a neg plus red. Had this been ebay you would have been issued a warning and potentially been banned. Learn from it and go on to improve your ratings with better consideration in the future.

livingearth, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  20. tony84

tony84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive been going to real auctions since i was about 8 its what my family have done for a living for well over 10 years, a bid in my eyes isnt a contract, how can it be? its an offer your waiting for a higher offer, if you receive that before the end of the auction you wouldnt turn round a say oh well he bid 1st, thats a contract so its his would you?

the only way its a contract is if he makes a bid and at the end of the auction its the highest bid, if the bid was above the reserve amount then and only then is it a contract, in my opinion anyway.

Although i would still agree if the offer has been withdrawn then he should have mad eit known to all including the seller.

tony84, Jul 5, 2006 IP