1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So, what is the next step ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by alber859, Mar 4, 2009.

Hi,

I created my website some days ago, I writed some content and now I need some traffic. The website is http://www.thewiigenius.com and, as you may notice, it's a Nintendo Wii related site. I also created a youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGeniusNW) to upload game trailer with a link to my website. So, according to you, what is the next step ?? Go in the Link Exchange section and try to have some back links ? Work on some on-page SEO ? Anything else you think would be good for my website..

THX

alber859, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  2. potomon

potomon Peon

Best Answers:
    Add comments (with links) to game websites, send Press Releases, write articles and insert them to article publishing websites (yes, try our WebRegent as well) and hope people will like your website and will return regularly...

potomon, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you need to find ways to regularly build links to your website. Ideally you could get links from very relevant pages....pages about wii, pages that have your wii keywords in the title/url and pages that rank well for other wii terms. potomon gave some good tips. Try some of those strategies. If you haven't done so already, first do some thorough keyword research and pick which specific keyword phrases you will target. Your goal should be to promote your website on pretty much every blog or forum that dicusses your keywords. Remember to vary your link anchor text to prevent over-optimization penalties. Good luck.

vansterdam, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  4. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean ??

alber859, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. SEOVICE

SEOVICE Peon

Best Answers:
    Continue posting in forums this will help you get some traffic.

SEOVICE, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what vansterdam means by that is that if you get all the backlinks using one single anchor text, then google smells over-optimization and gives you penalty. so you need to identify a primary keyword along with couple of secondary keywords and build links for all to make it look natural.

for example, if your primary keyword is "blue widget" then you will need to find couple of other related terms say "blue widget online" + "buy blue widget" and build links in this fashion:

blue widget - 60% of your backlinnks
    blue widget online - 20%
    buy blue widget - 20%

how you will spread the backlinks with varying terms is upto you but thats just an example that you will need atleast 3 terms linking back to your site with primary term getting majority of the backlinks

sultanofseo, Mar 4, 2009 IP
    alber859 likes this.
  7. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find some gaming forums, sign up on them, add a link to your signature and start posting. This puts your link in front of your targeted audience. One forum that I recommend is this gaming forum. Some people consider the links on that site as "dofollow" because they do not use the nofollow tag.

As for your youtube channel - be careful about uploading videos that do not belong to you. This will get your account flagged and possibly deleted. Try to make your own orginal videos, maby make some game reviews and game play videos and post them on youtube. I uploaded a video from left 4 dead, and it was flagged within minutes.

I dont know how to record in game footage of the wii, on the PC you can use a program called fraps - http://www.fraps.com/ That program will record game play action of just about any PC game on the market.

Once you start making your own videos, embed them into your site and use them as part of your articles.

Besides youtube, look at a site called break.com and veoh. Break will give you lots of views, but no active link in the video description. At veoh, you can have a link in the video desciption. After break, there is metacafe, myspace video, yahoo video and dailymotion.

After you get signed up at several video sites, take a look at http://www.tubemogul.com/ That site can be used to push your video out to a dozen different video hosting sites. So instead of uploading the same video 12 times to 12 different sites. Just upload it once to tubemogul, and then use their service to push the video out to different sites. Tubemogul is limited, you can only push 30 or 40 times a month - or somewhere in there. So unless your uploading lots of videos, you dont have to worry about the limit.

~kev~, Mar 4, 2009 IP
    alber859 likes this.
  8. blackside

blackside Member

Best Answers:
    YouTube is not the only one place, where you can promote your site.
    Now important for you is SEO, submit your site in catalogs and pay for Google Adwords

blackside, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  9. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    THX for the link and the Youtube Channel advice ;)

alber859, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  10. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your welcome.

Youtube is getting REAL strict about videos that have copyright protected content.

I used fraps to record the introduction scenes from a game called Left 4 Dead. The video was edited, my site address inserted at the first of the video, and uploaded to youtube. Within minutes the video was flagged, but thank goodness no action was taken against my account.

The company that made the game was contact via email. And they told me that the introduction video was copyright protected and they did not want it duplicated. But actual game play footage was ok.

So when you start posting videos on youtube, be careful about "what" you post. If you want background music, use the audio swap feature - it can be found in the edit video section.

Youtube can be a great way to promote your site, but you HAVE to play by the rules set forth by youtube.

~kev~, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  11. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about social bookmarking ?? Should I go for it ?? Is del.icio.us the best for my website right now ??

THX

alber859, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  12. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If you are interested in any type of SEO or Linkbuilding, just PM me..
    Thanks

GuruCreation, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  13. antirem

antirem Peon

Best Answers:
    I would first go for keywords research instead of building links... it important to know what the best niche is.

antirem, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  14. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    alber859, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  15. generation2020

generation2020 Member

Best Answers:
    Adding video is something that is we are liking to get some conversion rates...now if you are looking for google to get you some traffic then you must surely go for SEO....get backlinks, exchange links...

generation2020, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  16. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    good choice and use other book marking sites like Digg, Stumbleupon.

Create some lens in Squidoo.

kutekutta, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  17. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    good choice and use other book marking sites like Digg, Stumbleupon.

Create some lens in Squidoo.

Engage in Games discussions forum and Game review forums

kutekutta, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  18. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how does paying for adwords help SEO? adwords is a PPC program which uses javascript redirect and doesn't do direct linking to your site so ZERO SEO benefit

delicious is a good bookmarking site but also nofollow so no SEO benefit. it however can be very good in terms of traffic if you can do a good job on crafting a nice title/description/tags for your submission. there are some popular good PR dofollow social site where you can submit to. some are: digg, reddit, oyax, furl, mixx, etc.

sultanofseo, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  19. vl09

vl09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think on-page optimization should be your next step and then off-page optimization like article submission, submitting your link to Directories, forum posting and social bookmarking which will also help to generate the traffic.

vl09, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  20. Lalit_Burma

Lalit_Burma Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get the traffic in short term than start building networks at Digg, Stumbleupon, Twitter.

For long term start building backlinks from the same niche or relevant websites.

I think you should start both work simultaneously, just give 75% stress on building network first and after getting good traffic move gear towards backlinks and start giving 75% stress on backlinks rest 25% on networking.

;) Regards ...

Lalit_Burma, Mar 4, 2009 IP