1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress No Follow - outbound links in posts and sidebars

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Fivestar, Mar 3, 2009.

Ok, as I understand it the default setting on my WP blogs is No follow.
    But outbound links I place on my page/post seem to not have this attribute links to individual items for sale, and rss feeds. Therefore they are diluting my PR badly. Can someone advise if it is possible to overcome this. I have put lots of outbound links on my site and watced my PR go backwards despite solid link building.
    Any ideas?

Fivestar, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  2. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    bump...anyone??

Fivestar, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. bwp58

bwp58 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yip

use the rel="nofollow" attribute in your links

bwp58, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is nofollow in a way that all the links on the comments will have nofollow attribute.
    i heard there are plugins to make all or selected internal links to make nofollow but never ran into any of those plugins. you can search and see if you can find one. or you can edit your CSS file under theme editors and add rel="nofollow" on the code section with reference to links. for example,

<a class="on" href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/" rel="nofollow">your sample blog</a> 
    Code (markup):
    find all references of the above code on your CSS file for category links, image links, calander links, etc and add rel="nofollow" on them in the above manner.

sultanofseo, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is nofollow in a way that all the links on the comments will have nofollow attribute.
    i heard there are plugins to make all or selected internal links to make nofollow but never ran into any of those plugins. you can search and see if you can find one. or you can edit your CSS file under theme editors and add rel="nofollow" on the code section with reference to links. for example,

find all references of the above code on your CSS file for category links, image links, calander links, etc and add rel="nofollow" on them in the above manner.

sultanofseo, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  6. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to put rel="nofollow" while you post a link. Even though some claim that search engines don't read that link at all, but I doubt Yahoo considers it as backlink too.

markov, Mar 4, 2009 IP