1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to know what are the keywords?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by weput, Mar 3, 2009.

Hello folks.

I've been reading a couple of hundreds of pages about SEO and truth to be told; i'm in the point that i dunno what keyword to use for the backlinks of my blog...

the problem is that i write without any of that in mind... and all the answers i got is develop back links with anchor text..

what will be the anchor text ?

i have no idea.

please post your suggestions..

weput, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  2. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gr8liverpoolfan, Mar 3, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  3. PSD to HTML

PSD to HTML Guest

Best Answers:
    As earlier member said, you should even post on which subject your blog is about than one can easily help you out.
    You can choose freekeywords.wordtracker.com/keyword-suggestion-tool.html for more keywords.

PSD to HTML, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What have you mostly posted about on your blog at the moment?

pipes, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just tell us what your blog is about in no more than 4 words - that's it - that's your anchor text.

magda, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  6. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be related to what your blog is about, but you will probably also want to do some research as suggested above. Find some keywords that are not too competitive but that gain a decent amount of clicks, and that are also related to the topic of your articles.

mspennylane, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  7. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    when wirting your blog posts, never sit down and just write, esp is someone has just upset you,
    next think about the subject you are writing and then write out a list of keywords, try to incorporate the primary kw into the title, then sprinkle kw variants throughout your blog..

take a course in copywriting and they should point out some good general rules for copywriting when where you should place your keywords

when you want to promote one page then look at the kw for that page and then include that kw in the anchor text

i am sorry to say, alot is about experience

dickieknee, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  8. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't agree more.

Search the terms of your blog/'s and try a small-research.

metros, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  9. weput

weput Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok guys

thank you very much for your suggestions...

the url of the blog is http://www.bloggingdabullshit.com and I've been posting about pretty much everything from my unique perspective..

in essence, the topic as a whole is wierd... I may be writing about politics and economics today, tomorrow about financial crisis, then about some news and sometimes i put a couple of pictures about my rides in the bike..

weput, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  10. cdub8

cdub8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta focus buddy. Your blog will in time build Google PR if you're putting out valuable information for people to read and link to... Also, if you really want to get some recognition, be active in the social media portals and consider branding your blog with a viral push of content through Digg or Stumble... Content is king.

cdub8, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  11. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    As cdub said above, if your topics is about a whole range of topics it may help to focus and market your blog in other ways.

I have to say I disagree with the above point. If you are in the mood to write, just let it all come out. After the first draft you can worry about keywords or editing it. Often the best writing will come when you don't plan it, and good writing can do a lot for your site as well as SEO keywords.

Never just write because you think you've found a good keyword - unless you were thinking about writing that topic anyway. Otherwise your posts just won't do it for readers.

mspennylane, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  12. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're missing the point - asking what it's about wasn't because people are interested in what it's about (I'm not saying we're not) - but do it in FOUR WORDS OR LESS.
    You're not in the mind-set to think about keywords if you keep thinking in paragraphs!

magda, Mar 5, 2009 IP