1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Again with the SPAM sites. Same as it ever was.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rumblepup, Jul 5, 2006.

As the days go by....

Ok, read on this thread:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=97090

how to spam the hell out of the Goog.

You would think that Google, since they noticed it and killed the sites mentioned, would be watching out for it again. Nope. Looks like the old bait and switch works great at the Goog again.

Here we go:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&q=site:s168897611.onlinehome.us

Neat little group of spamming that is killing some Search engine placement. If you had 10th place, but where still on first page, along comes one of these suckers to push you out.

Noticed it when I did this search for my products:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&q=7+foot+patio+umbrella&btnG=Search

And low and behold, right there at position 5.

What is this telling me? Should I be spamming the hell out of Google just to be on the same playing field?

I'm not as BigDaddy or SEO savvy as the rest of you guys, but....

DAMN!!:confused:

rumblepup, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  2. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    CrankyDave, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  3. dealsway

dealsway Peon

Best Answers:
    great going google.

dealsway, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  4. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    The model still works. Google is quick to index the index.html page of a site. So build lots of sites and subdomains. Just build one page of course (index.html) per site and sub, stuff it with keywords (low competition keywords), get a few backlinks, just a couple from PR2 sites or better, and away ya go! You got yourself a spamalicious top ten page!

wibr, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  5. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Endurer, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe we should get togeather a DP team and show Google what were made of. Since Google is doing evil to us why not do evil to them by sending another bad data push of spam hehe. Just a thought. :D

SEO Jeff, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  7. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something about 2 rights and a wrong....whatever. lol

It's frustrating for sure, alas, at least there are other search engines available.

cldnails, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  8. rumblepup

rumblepup Peon

Best Answers:
    Worst part, have you taken a look at the pages themselves? Spam like a mofo. And the worst part is that they are scraping search results for competitive keywords, relatively speaking, like 7 foot market umbrella, which is one of my important ones, and killing the poor schmucks that they have put a link on the page to.

Luckily, I'm not one of them, but when the goog finally cracks down on these pages as spam and "bad pages," don't they mess with the links that appear on the page as well?

If this is true, then you "do no evil" and get content swiped by one of these jerks, and then you get called a spammer because you appear on their page. C'mon!!

Hopefully Mr. Matt Cutts will someday have an explanation as to why Google is quick to smack you upside the head for "supposed" spam, but absolutely LOOOOOVES these spam sites that serve up:

GOOGLE ADS!!!

Then we are all in the wrong business. I'm gonna learn how to spam the hell out of the Goog, with their own AD's, make a ton of money, and give up trying to be an honest businessman.

Page Rank Sucks
    Trust Rank Sucks

They wouldn't IF they worked the way they are supposed to, but they don't. And I see no affect of BigDaddy on sites with 1000 reciprocal links. I thought reciprocal links where supposed to wash each other out. Apparently not, because this site in question uses a lot of it to get these pages up in the SERP's.

rumblepup, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  9. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at these gems i dug up:rolleyes:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:TAxmyiDqp34J:3381.t5qoyqc2.info/+site:t5qoyqc2.info&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:t5qoyqc2.info

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:l16k7e83.info

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Ap3ix8wc.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Ansyalw.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Ayjqe9xm5.info&btnG=Search

There are many more-some with 20,000+ pages.

All fresh cache,too. June30-July1st. Newly indexed. No problems. No filtering. No sandbox.

pages are being dropped and moved to supplemantal to make room for the spam?? :mad: :mad:

This is very annoying.

The bug HASNT beed fixed

Spam is still replacing quality and it needs to stop.

IamNed, Jul 5, 2006 IP
    latehorn likes this.
  10. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    And still I don't get it. How can you guys find these sites so easily and quickly and yet google seems oblivious to them? What did that take you Ned, 5 minutes to find?

It all leads me to believe google has no "vested interest" in removing these spam sites.

EDIT: That last one you found ( 1577.l16k7e83 dot info/ ) has 29,947,000 pages indexed on the DC I'm on. Simply astounding. I'm struggling to get a few hundred legit wh pages out of supp hell, and this guy has 29 million pieces of sh** indexed.

wibr, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  11. itechgroup

itechgroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In response to the original poster:

I asked myself the same series of questions when I see our product category filled with spamming. It does become tempting to resort to the same methods utilized by the spammers, but we have utilized a dualistic approach to the problem.

First, we are strengthening our current established sites by adding more content and focusing more on SEO. Secondly we do a very detailed research on our competitors which has led us to the discovery that our competitors are doing lots of spamming on their own. In my opinion this spamming confuses the consumer as they are bombarded with SEO results that are not in tunned to their searches. When we discover our competitors using black hat techniques we gather all the evidence and report them to Google. In our amazement Google has responded very quickly to taking down the sites that we have reported.

We can't really expect Google to know everything of what is going on concerning each one's own product category, but if our livelihood is on the line then we most take a proactive approach to clean up our own product categories by reporting spam to Google.

itechgroup, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  12. TorchedSEO

TorchedSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't expect a fix to bigdaddy until about november or december. Until then you could always just buy a cheap .info domain and have at it.

TorchedSEO, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  13. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with almost all of that. You do have to be your own spam cop in order to get anything done with google or any of the other SE's. Sad but true.

I disagree with your statement about expecting "Google to know everything of what is going on concerning each one's own product category". I DO expect google to know what's going on with their search engine. It's their product, their company, their results. They can do better.

When I see people getting millions (billions?!) of pages indexed, pages that consist of nothing but keyword stuffed jibberish, then I KNOW google can do a better job with their product.

Why should we, the legit webmasters, have to be spam cops for google or any other SE? They're big boys, they make billions of dollars. Why can't they do a better job?

So now the question is - WHY don't they do more to fight spam?
    Could it be $$$ ?

wibr, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  14. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought I reported this one here yesterday too but can't find the post right now, but this spammer has started showing up the last week, while my site has almost disappeared through Googlebots screwup with wrong paths and setting my pages to supplemental :( Google SUXXX BIG TIME right now, and has been for the last 6 months!:mad:

MikeSwede, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  15. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    "pub-4299806844527518" onlinehome.us Adsense account.

Why does Google allow this people to have an Adsense account? :(

homeloans1, Jul 5, 2006 IP
  16. Webnauts

Webnauts Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a silly question, but did someone at least try to report these abusers to Google?

Webnauts, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  17. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted a link on Matt Cutts blog to a thread on dp as well as a link to google showing the site:www.spamsite.com search results.

He deleted the post.

mad4, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  18. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:

hey! That's my number!!! :rolleyes:

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  19. gcc llc

gcc llc Peon

Best Answers:

I posted a question about this also and it was deleted.

Seems MC doens't want to hear about or see the true spam issue.

I suggest everyone ask.

gcc llc, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  20. Wiley

Wiley Peon

Best Answers:
    Google knows they have to fix this or they lose the search engine wars to Yahoo and MSN. I just hope it is soon before we all lose faith in the system and are forced to look at alternatives.

Wiley, Jul 6, 2006 IP