1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1.200.000 Pages in Sitemap, fastest way to get them all into google inde?

Discussion in 'Google' started by lauttehupe, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if the content is not unique then don't expect it to be indexed !!!

Very true,
    and remember that a good structure that interlinks all pages of the site and makes it easy for the spiders to crawl your site can go a long way and would be much better than any sitemap ...

That sounds interesting ...

Chios, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  2. denharsh

denharsh Peon

Best Answers:
    If possible do inter linking but it does not seems to be possible now..

use sitemap.xml link in the footer of your site...that might help u....

use related post scripts ...that will lead bots from one page to another,,,,

else submit 5 sitemap by breaking down your posts

denharsh, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  3. ghazz

ghazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree with splitting the site maps up. This will be easier for the big G to swallow and get your important pages indexed faster.

ghazz, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. lauttehupe

lauttehupe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

ok sorry i forgot. My Sitemap is already splitet.
    At the moment i have 38 Parts :)

Also submited to webmastertools. Google already grawled successfull the site but still only round 1500 Pages in the Index.

I have a lot of strong backlinks, see yahoo site explorer, not so many but strong ones.

Anyone here who can give me a few PR7 links for the time google try to index my site? :p

lauttehupe, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  5. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Two comments. First, get or--better--make a script to construct appropriate XML sitemaps. As you should know, and as has been mentioned, there are limitations on any one sitemap, both as to URL count and as to absolute size. But even so, it is generally--I think--a good idea to break up large numbers of pages into maps that collect reasonably similar or related classes of pages. And, as I trust you know, you then provide an index map that lists all the individual sitemaps.

Second, it is almost trivial to produce millions of pages: all it takes is a few PHP scripts that accept a fair number of parameters. I make available a book-shop add-on package that, from perhaps 3,500 titles (which it searches out from a simple keyword phrase) generates a nominal 100,000+ set of pages. But if I wanted to be persnickety, I could easily multiply that 100K number, by listing, for example, calls for pricing in dozens of foreign currencies instead of just the six that happen to match Amazon national divisions. And I could multiply that new total by including calls restricting booksellers to one of dozens of nations (again instead of just six); and then again by using dozens of possible destination (visitor) national values. It's really no great feat, but the issue is the degree to which the pages differ. Is a pageful of book listings priced in some one currency different enough for the searchbots from another basically the same except the prices are in another currency? I don't know, and I daresay no one outside the search-engine companies does, either.

Owlcroft, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  6. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Owlcroft, your pages must differ enough to add relavancy to the pages. Otherwise they will be flagged as duplicates and left to the waste side.

Gazzerman, Mar 3, 2009 IP