1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain names for secondary sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mahendras, Mar 2, 2009.

The domain names help to gain SEO advantage if Domain has keyword in it.
    Now My question was, If I don't find exactly similar keyword as domain, can we take something with prefix or suffix.
    Say I wanted to get high ranking for keyword Financial Helo,
    I searched a domain for FinancialHelp.com, that is not available
    So I took TheFinancialHelp.com.

Does such domain called TheFinancialHelp.com still helps with the Keyword Financial Help?

This is dilemma of various SEO companies like i have, so I invite a meaningful debate on it.

mahendras, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it should...you can help influence what it ranks for in your link text from backlinks (point links back to your site that say "financial help", "financial help and advice", "free financial help" etc).

Pixelrage, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  3. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    yes its true exact keyword in the domain plays a vital role in SERP. As per your keyword .....your main keyword is in domain since with some other helping word.helping word would term your keyword into phrase.so dun't get worry may be some people search this term with phrase.

seosheen, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think thefinancialhelp.com probably is your best option. The search engines would all see your keywords in your domain. All of your backlinks would have your keywords in it too. So you should be able to rank quite well with that domain. It doesn't matter whether people are actually searching for 'the financial help' despite what seosheen stated.

vansterdam, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  5. Mike Andorra

Mike Andorra Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on the search engine. I think MSN gives a larger boost to exact matching domain names than Google, and Google trends exact and close match names equally well. However, this is just my observation and that could be wrong. I'd love to see a detailed study of the matter, but it's hard to tell what is causing what when there are so many other factors.

Mike Andorra, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  6. mahendras

mahendras Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally I try to see the relative matching domains if exact match is not found.
    So i Use the pharases Like MyDomainNameAsKeyword.com or TheDomainNameAsKeyword.com etc.
    I always wondered if that could give me a boost in SERP.

mahendras, Mar 3, 2009 IP