1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you were starting to day what would you do....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cocoMonkey, Mar 2, 2009.

Hey,

If you were starting out today. what websites would you make?

I'm making some moeny online -- but by this time next year, i'd like to make all my cash online.

I'm thinking of making 100 little sites, as that's what i've found to work best. - but i'd like to hear what you all would do.

I know 100 arcades with bring in cash. -- i own arcade sites, so could make more of them.

How about 100 wallpaper sites?

or, 100 small info sites?

Please advice -- i know none of these will make anything for the 9months sandbox, but after that, each one should be good. Just build links for 9months after complete.

Cheers all!

cocoMonkey, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  2. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are about a million game sites, so making a hundred more is not going to work is it?

thefandango, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  3. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    But it seems that it would work. I have 4 arcade sites, same games, different domain and template. And each one earns like $1 a day.

So i could easilly make another 100 and have $100 a day -- which would do me.

But i'd rather do somthing else, as they take up loads of bandwidth. - and uploading 1000's of game packs.

If i dont get any ideas, i think thats what i will do -- own a little arcade empire - with links between them etc.

I'd rather do somthing else. I've never owned a wallpaper site.

Or simple template info sites seem to do ok - but you need to write lots of stuff.

I just need a niche to try -- anything except proxies really.

Cheers all.

4. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since I've started online the phrase that has been drummed into me is 'quality over quantity'. Let me explain.

If you make 100 more arcade sites, making $30 per day between them, great, but you have to ask yourself whether the effort you put into it is really worth that $10 per day, as you'll spend a very great amount of time updating them with new games, but if you had lets say 30 niche sites, as long as you kept them regularly updated you'll rank highly in search engines and probably get PR. Then, as well as making money through adsense or whatever, you can sell links to the site. If you have 30, you could potentially be making $100 per day, with only a little bit more effort.

kiteguy123, Mar 2, 2009 IP
    cocoMonkey and mspennylane like this.
  5. kiteguy123

Best Answers:
    OK, here's a little bit of advice, don't start a wallpaper site unless you have a lot of time to put into it. The fact is that there are thousands of wallpaper sites around due to the huge wallpaper packs being sold, so you'd need to make it different in some way to rank higher in search engines and get more traffic. This would be adding written content, which takes more time, and you still have thousands of other sites to compete with. Not worth the effort IMO.

If, however, you already know how to make arcade sites get $1 per day each, why stop at 100? Why not make 300 or 1,000?

6. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers kiteguy123 - Rep given!

I'd really like to go with the make 30 niche sites, but im always unsure on the topics. Plus then -- there is the updating as you said.

I have lots of time to put into a wallpaper site. I think i'd like to try this.

About making the "1000" arcade sites. Like you said, it would be just farrrr to much work! Updating/adding/etc

Thanks again for the comment.

kiteguy123 likes this.
  7. kiteguy123

Best Answers:
    No probs, sent one back :cool:

Hmm, to be honest IMO this is the best solution. Do a google search for 'top paying adsense niches', and you'll get thousands of results. I know I did that, and have so far found 4 or 5 niches that have paid me around $4 per click, more sometimes!

To be honest, 'wallpaper' is a very low paying niche, so you'd have to get a lot of traffic, and I'm talking a LOT, to make any decent money. Plus, if you have that much time on your hands to focus on a wallpaper site, why not make a higher paying niche blog?

Yeah, I was just exaggerating to make a point :p
    That said, thinking about it, if you were to make money some other way for a bit, I'm sure you could find someone to make you a script that would update all the sites at once?

Anyway, good luck! :D

8. StrangeLife

StrangeLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could potentially setup a number of minisites in a day using wordpress and a step by step routine, lets say for example you want alot of minisites for celebrity wallpapers (popular niche not recommended) you setup one main site either in a different directory or as an entire site itself with all the celebritys, wallpapers and categorys of every celebrity you want to have on each minisite.

With this main site setup you then can "export" the database and start importing on your minisites, excluding all the celebritys that are non related to the minisite.

You would want a decent wordpress theme that is adsense optimized and preferably one with different colors so each site has its own unique design. I would recommend buying a premium theme as this will make you stand out from the crowd ;)

Here are some free adsense optimized themes:

Prosense
    Bluesense
    Adsense Theme
    Ads Minded

These are just a small selection of available seo adsense ready themes, more resources...

18 Adsense Optimized Themes
    Ultimate List of Adsense Themes

Along with your minisites you would need to install plugins that automate your blog and make it more powerful:

All in One SEO Pack
    Google XML Sitemaps
    Add to Any Share/Save/Bookmark Button
    StatPress Reloaded

Say your target is to create 100 minisites you would want them to link them together, most likely in your blogroll, i would highly recommend reading the ebook "Revenge of the MiniNet - 2004 - Michael Campbel" He explains different techniques in how search engines rank your site by link structure, bla bla bla, its a great ebook worth a bookmark. Here is a diagram of a linking strcture from the ebook...

[​IMG]

This site has some information on his ebook.
    Apparently your link structure to other related sites can dramatically change the effect on how your website is ranked, higher ranked, obviously more traffic. People have written bibles on this topic, do your research.

Another thing you might want to think about, is the cost of buying the domains and hosting, .infos are meant to be the cheapest, say a .com is $6.95 a year x 100 =$695 a year :eek: can you afford this? will you have the determination, motivation for the project?

Hmm if each site is making $1 a day, bear in mind it might actually take you a year to accomplish this, some math....

One site makes $365 a year x 100 is $36,500 - $695 in domain costs = $35,805 in profit, not bad :cool:

StrangeLife, Mar 2, 2009 IP
    £££, mspennylane and cocoMonkey like this.
  9. spire8989

spire8989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that post strangelife, actually helped me out a bit ;)

spire8989, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  10. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Damn, thanks for that reply StrangeLife! That's really helpful!

I'm going to buy that ebook!

Cheers.

--- Just a quick question -- when setting up a lot of minisites - is it worth paying extra for somthing like seohosting.com - and getting many c class ip's??? Or would one dreamhost account be ok?

Cheers again!

cocoMonkey, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  11. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend taking a bit of that time that you would put into developing all those sites, and sitting down and getting creative. Make a site that hasn't been done yet or has been done only a couple of times and give people a little extra. Instead of running 100 sites a day making $1 each, why not run 1 or 2 sites a day making $100+ each. I would assume that would be less work after you put the time into coming up with an idea.

TheNoose, Mar 3, 2009 IP
    GeeOne likes this.
  12. StrangeLife

Best Answers:
    Your welcome :)
    If your going to interlink your minisites then yes, its worth purchasing a host that allow seperate c class ip's for different sites, otherwise the Big G will clock on what you are doing and penalize in some way, normally by poking you with a stick, lol, lame! no but seriously.
    You could always take advantage in the sub domains and create a complete new site/design and link them to your other different ip sites.

I use bluehost, and you probably know you can host unlimited domains, instead of buying c class ip hosting, if you want we can have a business venture on the minisite scheme, so both of us can look after the sites, like marketing, updating, seo... Say for example we have 10 domains, 5 on my host, 5 on yours. Site 1 on my host will link to Site 2 which is on your host and e.t.c...

We can share the adsense by having a random rotator script.

Upto you.

Oh btw, thanks for inspiration of your avartar ;)

StrangeLife, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  13. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience: don't make such a high number of websites as they will take a lot of time to take care of.
    Instead of thinking that each website can earn you $1/day, why not try to make your websites earn more so that you don't have to build 100 of them.

Arcade and wallpapers sites are one of the lowest earning niches so I won't suggest you to go with this for too much and choose something much more profitable.

goscript, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  14. Karlz

Karlz Peon

Best Answers:
    A business partner of mine has 30 affiliate sites and is making $7,000 - $10,000 a month. Imo, Start of little develope your skills, find your interest. And just keep learning, if you fail dont be too boffered...because everybody fails and comes back stronger.

Karlz, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  15. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Get yourself a very fast website builder, something that will create a good looking, easy to navigate site in about a minute (yes it can be done very well, I use one myself), it'll take you a little longer to add your own unique, original content upon it, but 2 hours all told, you should have a fully working site det up on your own domain name.

Now, the more important part, look for current hot niches, where the traffic is at right now. Put yourself in the shoes of people looking for this information and build out the site, one article at a time with their expectations in mind using long tailed keywords with high monthly searches. Add on affiliate links to Clickbank, Amazon, eBay etc. Funnel your traffic through your site, so that every click they make earns you more money.

Start off creating half a dozen of these based on excellent research, so that each site gives to the maximum possible return. In other words, not thin sites of little interest to anyone, but very useful sites to your visitors, providing for them exactly what they want to know about, within any given niche.

Small sites which convey high quality, put together well. The creation process will take minutes for the site infrastructure, it's skeleton, the content about 3 hours on each one. You should be able to do about 2 sites a day, in 8 hours. Then promote them. (That's another subject)

After 2 months you should have about 50 good quality sites, each starting to bring in some good passive revenue on a regular basis. Your potential good earners, promote more, your top earners, promote as much as possible, your less productive sites, consider making adjustments to them, but don't waste too much time on them as it's no good flogging a dead horse. Work only with the sites that are bringing you in an income or show real promise.

Keep on developing, rinse and repeat in a never ending cycle, in time you'll have a few hundred websites, earning you very good money.

Always keep up to date on the current hot niches and future hot niches, think ahead of the game, plan ahead of the game!

Build quality, one year from now you'll be earning an income your friends might be envious of, thinking to themselves out loud, how the hell did he do that? You then have a formula that you can either share with them, or sell to others for an even greater financial return.

Feel welcome to pm me if you need to, anyone else too, more than welcome and I'll share further info with you for the software to use for creating the sites in the first place in double quick time (1 minute literally for a 9 page site, which won't be sandboxed and will in time get good PR).

Hope this helps you and some others out here.

£££, Mar 3, 2009 IP
    kess070 likes this.
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. You are thinking big, but with old ideas. If I were you at this point, I would stay away from everything that you have named. The time and effort to put up so many sites in saturated niches with hopes to scrape from the bottom of what ever money is left for a new comer is a waste of resources.
    Setting up and SEOing one site is labor intensive enough, let alone 100, trying to get a spot over the already thousands that are already there.

Why not come up with something unique and capitalize on a smaller niche?
    Wallpaper and gaming sites are a dime a dozen and every noob this side of the planet Venus has the same idea.

I would spent my time and effort on a good paying affiliate, and learn PPC and go straight for the gusto instead of trickling $1 a day from so may unoriginal ideas.

Wouldn't you rather have 5 sites that make $100 a day on auto pilot ?

To do that you have to buckle down and get serious. Learn. Research. Pick a niche or two and make a few landing pages and go straight for the sale.

hmansfield, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  17. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly!

Those are very valid points.

This is what I was saying about building quality sites, there's still no reason why you can't have lots of them, but they must reek of high quality information that readers actually want. Hence why I also said, you need to put yourself in the perspective shoes of those people looking for the information, that they actually need and WANT to be seeing.

There are no truly very fast ways to make money online. It will require a plan, a strategy and rather than procrastinating, flitting between this, that and the other, you'll need to get down and start delivering the results that you are after.

If you truly want to earn $10,000 /$20,000 a month (whatever), you'll need to come up with a plan that delivers upon your goal and take it one day at a time to get the results that you feel that you deserve whilst keeping an eye always on the bigger picture. In time your effort and research WILL pay off.

At first it will be hard work but given time the processes involved will become more natural to you as you speed everything up to optimum performance and financial 'freedom'.

There's nothing wrong with thinking big as long as you can deliver on the small and very important details along the way, that make up your much bigger vision.

It all starts with desire, then ideas, then an action plan and then getting on with it and DOING IT!

£££, Mar 3, 2009 IP
    mspennylane and cocoMonkey like this.
  18. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers guys!

Really good info.

I'm stuck in a bad place right now. I'm getting $50 a day from adsense -- with one site -- and if that goes i'm back to square one.

I've got the web design skills -- I think im just looking for a too easy way of making it online. Setting up 100 sites, and leaving them. But i guess that just wont work.

I've got the skills -- but no ideas!!! If only i could just pick a niche - know it would work, i'd do it. But instead i'm always wasting my time trying to work on "the next big thing" -- like a new facebook or digg. 1 in a million shot websites. But i never finish them as they are just too big projects.

I'm really going to look into these niche sites -- especially using the advice from £££ and StrangeLife.

I've tried affiliates/adwords and had no luck. - so adsense is the way i'll go i think.

Thanks again all!

cocoMonkey, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  19. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm the other way around, got the ideas (far too many of them) but often not the skills, so I just concentrate on keeping it simple and working on what I know does work.

Flitting between different projects is being your own worst enemy and leads to procrastination, not getting anything done.

Start as you mean to go on, in time, with more monetary clout behind you, you can outsource other ideas to your mastermind group, through delegation of tasks, hence keeping your time free to concentrate on what you yourself do best.

Don't get discouraged, just keep working at it.

Exercise 1 to do in your own time this evening:

Find 5 current hot niches from the world of news, sports and other headlines.

In other words, what is likely to become a very hot niche later on this year?

Prepare now, start on your research and make the plans in advance so that you have everything set up so that when that niche does become hot, you are in the perfect position to take full advantage of it using your keywords, which you know in advance, people will be searching for.

Put yourself in their shoes, what ARE those keywords (don't be frightened of going for long tail keywords either, as long as you can virtually guarantee that the number of searches for each one, will be as high as possible), what are they most LIKELY to be?

Research is everything in this game, keeping an ear close to the ground.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

£££, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  20. StrangeLife

Best Answers:
    One of my major problems this, new ideas and not doing anything overall. :mad: Ive got a project going at the moment and i'm determined to get it done! creating a product and building a static website for it. Don't really have much luck or patience with adsense :p

:eek: Thats alot of money coco, especially from adsense. Why don't you work on that site and see if you can get $100 a day?

StrangeLife, Mar 3, 2009 IP