1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very stupid question about putting prices

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Erzulie, Mar 1, 2009.

It seems I've completely lost in this mess.

Do you put exact prices when you are putting the links to products you want to promote or are your websites are like online catalogs or reviews, without any price?

I'm just trying to figure it out. I know it's sounds very stupid, but still.

The question is that if you are inserting prices manually, you have never know whether that company changes their prices, so you can mislead the customer.

help :)

Erzulie, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  2. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Best Answers:
    You're allowed to do basically whatever you want to get users to sign-up / buy. With the exception of exactly what you just said, you can't mislead them.

With CJ though you don't really name prices, you just promote products, and get paid a set commission (usually a % but not allways). If you are setting up an online store, I think you would use the data feed which will plug in the actual prices automatically. I've never done that before though so I'm not sure exactly how that works.

Kevin Smith, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  3. Erzulie

Erzulie Peon

Best Answers:
    right you are, that's what I'm going to do with them. I'm going to use Interspire Shopping Cart and I'm not sure this SW has data feed option which will plug in the actual prices automatically. It seems like it is not very nice to make an online shop with no prices...

Erzulie, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    have you tried goldencan or a popshop?

jodyq, Mar 1, 2009 IP
    Erzulie likes this.
  5. Erzulie

Erzulie Peon

Best Answers:
    jodyq
    No, I'll have a look right now. Thanks! It seems like goldencan work only with few CJ merchants. Btw, have you ever used goldencan?

Erzulie, Mar 1, 2009 IP