1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Here Ever Published An Ebook On Clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bad_bob00, Feb 27, 2009.

Hi,

I've been thinking about writing an ebook instead of promoting one on Clickbank, and was just wondering if anyone else has ever done this?
    If so, how much money do you tend to make per sale? For example if the ebook was available at $30 how much of that would you keep and how much would you pay to the affiliate/clickbank?

Thanks for any replies

bad_bob00, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  2. brouwer

brouwer Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people here publish their ebooks. To attract most affiliates set a 75% payout.

brouwer, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  3. Squidoodle

Squidoodle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah 50-70% on most, it's a very lucrative service.

Squidoodle, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  4. HarryLee

HarryLee Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you want affiliates to promote your product set the commission to 75%. So Out of 30 dollars You would get like $7. After all the fees and the commission.

HarryLee, Feb 27, 2009 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  5. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bob, releasing 75% might seem like a lot, but its worth it.

As an example, for the next week I am going to do pretty much nothing but find affiliates.

Let's say you can write 50 good articles per week. Long term it might bring you say 20 - 30 sales, perhaps more.

Now if you spend that whole week looking for affiliates - essentially emailing them and making a pitch - then you could easily get at least 10 affiliates promoting your site. Many of them will leave your link in place for years and some of them will aggressively promote your product. You stand to make way more money this way.

rolf, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  6. CMS2009

CMS2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    rolf's idea is excellent, having good affiliates means you can afford to take only 7 dollars for your ebook. If you do not offer a high percentage the affiliates wont bother, they'll just go to the next on the list. Getting 10-20 affiliates to do this for you will multiply ur sales huge!

I too am considering this idea but don't have the technical skills necessary to make a the pitch page, sales page and after sales page. Does anyone know where id get someone to do this for me at the right price?

CMS2009, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  7. aryan_cool

aryan_cool Banned

Best Answers:
    u shld keep ur payout between 60-80%..

aryan_cool, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  8. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean designing the actual website? Or writing the copy of the sales page?

I know some good designers. The one I use now is cheap and you can see it in the footer of my sales pages. They will not create an amazing page immediately, it takes many revisions so they need some hand holding - you get what you pay for.

rolf, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  9. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats something I would need help with too if I do create an ebook - will need a website that contains the pitch page, and also the affiliates page.

Also is there any requirements that the ebook must meet? For example, does it have to have so many words/does it have to be checked by an editor etc?

Thanks

bad_bob00, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  10. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're pretty much starting from scratch eh?

You need:
    * Your ebook (there are no minimums, and some are literally 10 pages, some are 160 pages and still get refunded. Just make sure you DELIVER EXACTLY WHAT YOU PITCH. Make it a branded nice .pdf, and make sure to overdeliver including bonuses both advertised and not advertised, testimonials/social proof, and don't write the sales letter yourself unless you're confident with them.

* Your own.com with a sales letter/graphics/pitch...

* Your thank you page (the page people get to once they pay - 'Thanks for ordering, below is your download'

* Your affiliate arsenal kit (banners/landers/keywords/you know...)

* Recruiting affiliates for your launch

* Training affiliates to stick around

* Hopefully make some coin back and not be in the red...

Best of luck with it.
    N.

NCMedia, Feb 28, 2009 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.