1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help please? Simple CSS

Discussion in 'CSS' started by TheNoose, Feb 27, 2009.

I have 4 images which are just "bubble" type boxes along the side of my website that I want to use as a menu.

The images are all in place, but I need to know how to make them so I can put text over top of them. Like make the images contain the text. How can I do this? Or do I have to edit them and have the text as part of the image (I don't want to do this for SEO reasons)

Thanks.

TheNoose, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  2. rebelagent

rebelagent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's the site? And you can always use alt="" tags for SEO purposes of images. It's not the best but it's also not as bad as leaving it blank.

Try div overlays. It'd help if I saw an example though. I don't quite grasp what you need done.

rebelagent, Feb 27, 2009 IP
    TheNoose likes this.
  3. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually i think you mean you want a background image? You could just use a specified height width same as the image you want under the text for each <a block or li or a span when using sliding doors and specify your background image in your css. Then put your text in the a tag... use different classes for each if its different images and different padding and widths.

Or maybe someone will spoonfeed you some code :p

007c, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    no spoonfeeding... the easiest solution is to use layers in your image and include the text in the image... then use alt and title tags.. next is as 007c suggest make the image a background image and aligning the text over the image,

change the image so that you have a normal image, a current image and a hover image...

dickieknee, Mar 4, 2009 IP