1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First Energy Product Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by P1R4T3, Feb 20, 2009.

Hey all,

I haven't been here at DP for very long, however I've grown fond of it. I am, what I believe to be, a decent affiliate marketer, and have decided to step up my game so that I can learn more about internet/affiliate marketing.

I am opening a journal in order to keep track of my success and keep myself pumped.

My product has already been created - I just need to add a bit more to it. I am aiming for 8,000 - 10,000 quality words (meaning ZERO fluff - basically instructions).

The niche is DIY Energy - However this niche is unsaturated so ranking for it should be relatively easy. I have my domain set-up and for the next couple of days I will be developing the landing page.

ATM I have the affiliate section almost complete so my first priority is to fix that up.

What I need to do over the next couple of days:

Finish Affiliate Section
    Start Landing Page
    Finish Product
    Contact people for testimonials/reviews

Longer Term

Press Release on launch date
    Possible Joint Venture with other DIY energy products

The product price will be around $29.97 - $49.97, depending on the price elasticity of demand - hopefully it is inelastic.

I will be announcing the domain and official product on this thread 1-2 weeks before launch - which should be in about 2 weeks from now.

P1R4T3, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  2. CBGCash

CBGCash Banned

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your product. Please let us know when it comes out!!! =)

CBGCash, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  3. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. At the moment I am improving the product and structuring the sales page.

One of the things in the back of my mind that's bugging me is the testimonials - any one have any tips on that?

P1R4T3, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  4. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I finished all of my site graphics today - they're quite good in my opinion.

Tomorow's goal is to finish the affiliate section as it's almost complete currently.

P1R4T3, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  5. underdogaffiliate

underdogaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck mate:)

underdogaffiliate, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  6. danogo

danogo Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you doing everything yourself or outsourcing any of the work?

Just curious, especially the sales page copy - that was the most work for me.

danogo, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  7. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've outsourced the sales page copy to someone more competant than I - also a couple of articles (for affiliates) and a press release.

P1R4T3, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you won't get screwed... because writing a good sales letter takes good knowledge of the industry, product itself and your targeted audience. Just to give you a general idea:

- A copywriter who does everything "by the book" but will create a crappy sales page usually charges from $200 to $2,000.

- A copywriter who will do the proper research and then create a killer sales letter usually charges $5,000 - $100,000...

...just personal experience.

alexs464, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  9. NickE83

NickE83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You seriously think that the niche is unsaturated.....

The Earth4Energy is one of the top CB products at the moment, and has been now for quite some time.

I really doin't agree wth you, but good luck on your mission :)

NickE83, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  10. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alex - I have faith in the people I've outsourced to, of course time will tell - and if they produce something great I will mention them here. Oh and I am paying $6 for the sales copy - You may say that you get what you pay for, but like I said - time will tell.

Nick - Theres more to DIY energy than Earth4Energy - whilst I agree that DIY solar panels and wind mills is a saturated niche, the one I've picked isn't.

P1R4T3, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  11. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Nick is opening your eyes, while your niche might not be saturated like wind and solar, you must take in consideration the targeted audience. Is your product targeted towards the same people that want to save energy?

If so, its an indirect competitor of earth4energy which is as bad. Even if a product is different per se, if you are fighting for the same potential buyers of a competitive niche it can be even worst. Especially if its something not very common in which you have to convince the buyers that this new thing works, and then convince them to buy from you.

Anyways, remember to always test a niche before spending time and money.

Cheers and good Luck:)

web_18designer, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  12. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. The niche itself may be of some interest to the DIY solar + wind group however the one I'm targeting is more relavent to the average joe. I'll announce the niche in a week or two when my sales page and product are done.

P1R4T3, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  13. 2-4-K

2-4-K Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the alternate energy market is still largely untapped even with the flurry of solar / wind info books out there.. just remember to tighten your niche so any affiliate who promtes you meets with some success.. the thing that annoys me the most is guys on this forum who "say how great their product converts" and its complete and utter rubbish.

2-4-K, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  14. P1R4T3

P1R4T3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mhm I know what you mean. Being an affiliate myself for 6 months it really grinds my gears when that happens.

My niche is pretty darn tight - time will tell.

Thanks for all the support guys n gals. Appreciate it.

P1R4T3

P1R4T3, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  15. Copyguy

Copyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you say $5,000-$100,000?---Nay, nay I say. If that's the case, I should really get into sales letter writing! 90% of the online sales letters I see are insufficient, but the other 10% are well-written.

Still, to think that someone would be willing to pay $100,000 for one of those top 10% sales letters is completely ridiculous. I've been an entrepreneur since age 11, a marketing junkie from 11-24, and a professional copywriter for 3 years.

I'm still not impressed with the existing 10% of sales letters. Look for an Honors English graduate with a passion for marketing & sales. He or she will do it for $100...and my bet...is that the writing level is comparable or better than the so-called $100,000 sales letter. Just my 2 cents.

Copyguy, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  16. alexs464

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can probably find people who will do a great job for $100 - but I haven't found any yet. If you find some - please let me know ;)

alexs464, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  17. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:

Its all about how you market your product/services, These professional guys not give one copy which is perfect they generally give 3 copies with different marketing angle and tape users with different emotions. And we have to spit test it and check which one performs the best.

Understanding buyer is the key..

Robert25, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  18. alexs464

Best Answers:
    Well, also I noticed that most of these guys offer a money back guarantee.
    Let's say they predict that targeted traffic will convert at 3%. Then you send, let's say 10,000 targeted visitors and if they convert at less than 3%, they tweak the sales letter until it reaches the goal - or they refund you.

alexs464, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  19. nickpeters

nickpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me know if you want me to review your product for testimonials. I have product review web sites and also a DIY Solar Power web site.

nickpeters, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  20. lroes57

lroes57 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need someone to review it or help you sell it. Hit me up :p

lroes57, Feb 28, 2009 IP