1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help Bad I Have Red Marks And Dont Know Why

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by adsneblrd, Jul 3, 2006.

adsneblrd, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    fryman, Jul 3, 2006 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This ain't kansas, and those 2 red dots ain't ruby slippers so bang em as hard as you like :)

You have a bad reputation because you have done nothing to suggest otherwise. Many here have recovered from Neg rep, so prove us all wrong.

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 3, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  4. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why start this thread in introductions?

That alone will get you more red.

This is to introduce yourself to the forum, not bitch about rep.

I think I will wait until you have that third red square before I red you.

iowadawg, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  5. adsneblrd

adsneblrd Peon

Best Answers:
    well as I mentione di am new to the forum I didnt mean to offend Just asking how to fix it so i guess i will just close my account here and go away

6. adsneblrd

adsneblrd Peon

Best Answers:
    tell me where to get ahold of the admin I will either go away or see how to fix this I am not a bad person here I had no idea what I did was wrong
    I ama ebay powerseller with 100% a+++++ feedback which shows i dont scam lie or cheat anyone I want to fix my reputation here thats all
    thanks!

7. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Only you can repair your reputation by posting meaningful posts and following the posting guidelines given in the FAQ/Rules.

You can monitor your reputation by clicking on User CP and looking at the bottom of the page. Each time we receive red or green rep we see the post for which the rep is given and the comment the person giving the reputation made.

Smyrl, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  8. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Well, this ain't eBay... ;) Listen to smyrl.. :)

obenix, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  9. Xitanto

Xitanto Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaa!!

/me is crying. XD

I'm sorry. If this was digg you would be eaten alive. Since this is DP, you're going to be eaten alive anyway. Half-decent English is a start when posting here. If you posted here in your native language I wouldn't mind. Just don't desecrate the English language. It gives people migraines trying to read it.

Xitanto, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  10. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Lol..Its funny that he asks why he gets reds then proceeds to spam the forum with his completely unrelated links :rolleyes:

yfs1, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  11. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I always get a kick from these threads but comparing eBay rep to here, now thats a winner.

cormac, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  12. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Sorry have to disagree with the 'half decent English' thng. We should be encouraging people to learn not putting them down for it. I admire people who speak multiple languages. I can speak English, some Welsh (my native language), a bit of german and that is that (oh and I can talk complete bollocks when I am drunk) .

He/she is still a drity ole spammer though. :)

To adsnebird> I told you earlier in the thread, only YOU can improve your reputation. You can repair a damaged reputation by becoming a valid contributor to the forum. Quit bellyaching and get on with helping others, and join in the community spirit.

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I agree. I admire those that post here for who English is a second language. They will always get my support (and have in the past)

Of course it should be noted that there is a difference between those looking to contribute who are still learning English and those that are just palin lazy and use text talk like "ur" for "you are" etc to the point their posts are unreadable. Most of those muppets have English as a first language and still can't grasp it :cool:

yfs1, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  14. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have red rep then the best thing you can do is stop posting for a couple of days and read some of the posts by people with lots of green rep. Once you have a handle on what you should be doing then start posting again.

Spamming the forum with your own links is not the way to get green rep (unless the links are in your signature).

mad4, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  15. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    ur so rite. GR8 2 c sum1 sticking up 4 the english language

<OWG puts the tin hat on>

16. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I and many others here have been the victim of undeserved negative rep and when I first read this post I was actually thinking
    " why are they being so cold to this guy, what could be so bad as to warrant getting that much red in only 87 posts? " Well I followed frymans link and found this title to the post by you.!
    If this isn't a scam what is it? This type of activity hurts us all. It is actually stealing from Adsense. And I can tell you that no one with any ethical sense wants to see it here. It degrades the quality of the entire forum and endangers our livelyhood. You had to know why you recieved the red. The only real excuse you have is evidenced by the fact that you even saw fit to provide us with you EBay username "moparlover7277234". ( If that is your actual username...) The truth is your candle isn't shining very bright.

livingearth, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  17. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised it's only 2 ;)

CReed, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    He started two of those threads (maybe more) and they originally had affiliate links in them. So not only was he promoting a service which cost AdWords advertisers millions of dollars (Yes, contextual fraud is that big) but he is trying to profit personally from it.

If he does decide to leave, is it really a loss?

yfs1, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  19. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
  20. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I've got red marks too. Stayed in the sun too long with my programmers' white boy skin. My advice: Use some sun lotion.

On a serious note, you want to know why you have 2 reds...

1. You contacted the admin. Admin clearly states in his sig he is not to be contacted about trivial stuff.
    2. You seem to be spamming the forum with your links. I suggest you read the FAQ and Rules.
    3. You start threads in the wrong forums. Again, see Rules.
    4. You started threads with Affiliate spam.
    5. Look up what YART means and what it generally results in.
    6. Without having looked in your post history, I guess you probably never posted stuff that benefit others. This isn't a commercial environment like eBay, this is almost a communist like place to share your ideas, thoughts and experiences. You gain reputation by providing others with what they need. Whether that be a laugh, good information or whatever, it doesn't matter. Like on eBay you only get good feedback if you please the customer, you have to please your fellow members here to get greens instead of reds.

But hey, look at the bright side of things, you can't do much worse so it can only get better for you. Don't weasel out and run away, you can fix this yourself (not the admin) by indeed offering quality posts.

Good luck!

T0PS3O, Jul 4, 2006 IP