1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my site, I've put a lot of time in : Montagetutorials.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Steam, Feb 22, 2009.

Website link
    http://tinyurl.com/bosoen

Montage definition:
    1: the production of a rapid succession of images in a motion picture to illustrate an association of ideas
    2 a: a literary, musical, or artistic composite of juxtaposed more or less heterogeneous elements b: a composite picture made by combining several separate pictures

Information on site:

Over 90% Of the tutorials were created by myself. I will continue to make the tutorials so the site will be pretty much all unique content.

This site is a website that covers tutorials on editing programs and photo editing programs. I used wordpress for the homepage and edited the theme accordingly to work for what I needed it. It is simple but it seems to be the best way to go to keep it user friendly.

The main website link is above but another part of the site is the forums. The link is below. The forums are my attempt to get editors and graphic artists together to help others and make themselves better. The skin was purchased for under $30 so I thought it was a good buy.

Forum Link:
    http://tinyurl.com/cxswpr

I would really apreciate a full review from anyone that will take the time to check out the site. Thanks a lot!

Steam, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  2. thisismystupidname

thisismystupidname Guest

Best Answers:
    this is nice content, but it could use better organization

thisismystupidname, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  3. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions on a way to make it more organized?

I do agree with you though, I wish I could have a better set up but I don't really know what to do to make it better. This is my third complete version, and it seems close to right I just need some suggestions to touch it up.

Steam, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  4. brandonhess

brandonhess Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought it was pretty good. A little busy, but over all, I think it was doing good. Keep up the good work. You will catch little things here and there, then you can fix them.

brandonhess, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  5. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your website Steam! Website design is pleasant for me and looks profesionally! The thing that don't look good are the following: right side menu bar should be redesigned! Everything is unclear and mixed up here! Also I would recommend you to reconsider block sizes! Make the main block wider and shorten right side block! Locate text under banners in your posts! The text "…click here to read more" should be right centered then! In general looks good, but some improvements should be done!

3DProf4online, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  6. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reviwe, I'll have to look into centering the click here to read more. The right bar I think I'll try and get the subscribing options more organized, maybe set them up in a table.

Any other reviews? Thoughts on content set-up will help as well.

Steam, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  7. islander_man

islander_man Peon

Best Answers:
    Big video on the right was overwhelming for me. But maybe I'm old fashioned. Solid content. Navigation of some sort on the left of the website would really help in my opion rather than be feeling lost and ignoring the right video area.

Good luck.

islander_man, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:

I could resize the video on the side, I'll make it more of a widescreen video so it keeps good quality as well. The video i thought was important to show an example of my work as well as a sample montage. The navigation in the footer I thought would help, as well as the tutorials tab at the top which contains all of the tutorial based posts. The archive also breaks down all the pages well.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see about adding some sort of site navigation on the left side as well.

Steam, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  9. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    I've worked on a few things. Can I get some more reviews please & thanks?

Steam, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  10. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty good job. I like how you've integrated the AdSense link bar.

The only thing that I feel the site is lacking is a logo/header. Personally I just feel it's absolutely vital for every site to have. You can get a really good logo designed here on DP for anywhere between $5-$15 in the BST section.

Ponynugget, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  11. Thomas H.

Thomas H. Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, site looks great and usefull :)

Thomas H., Feb 25, 2009 IP
  12. evans.chris84

evans.chris84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Apart from the logo, the site looks better. It would be an efficient traffic attracter once it is more organized

evans.chris84, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  13. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The logo is missing in your site. The images are loading little bit slow, check it out.

2advance, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  14. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I have a logo, the M & T with film strip wrapped around it. I just don't really know how to work in a header.

[​IMG]

Steam, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  15. johnbit

johnbit Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool and useful site. Can u share with us how good is performing your ad placement (links on the header)? Thanks

johnbit, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  16. cellubration

cellubration Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall not bad, very tutorial driven and easy to understand from a beginners point of view, the comment box section could be more well defined, and a LOGO/Header can be made from people at DigitalPoint for around 10-20 dollars, just a thought. Also your sidebar items could be more "Defined" by some type of shading or borders. Great start though and good quality content which is really the key to blogging success.

cellubration, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  17. trap

trap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice site :eek:

trap, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  18. SuccessSuccess

SuccessSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This site comes under the type which looks perfect and still there is some thing missing and the problem is one can not pinpoint the problem easily.

Still I have to pin point some thing I would say the right side part's size may be the issue. reduce the width of right side portion. You may try two columns on right side instead of one.

As said for all my reviews you need logo.

Rest is Fantastic

Best Of Luck

SuccessSuccess

SuccessSuccess, Mar 3, 2009 IP