1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Very newbie questions about CJ

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by basketmen, Feb 23, 2009.

Guys, i had 4 years with adsense, but i just few days with CJ, so i need to learn something with CJ, i had read and search on this CJ subforum, but there is some question that i still dont get the answer yet

1. In adsense of course we cant give text like this, but is this allowed in CJ affiliate link? :

Click here to but this product

or

Click below link to enter it

2. What we must dont do in CJ? Just basic thing its ok

i had read the terms , but i dont really understand it, not like adsense TOS that clearly what we must dont do, of course we dont want get the account deactivated

3. i have many websites, but i just add 1 website in CJ when sign up, do i need to add all my websites to CJ, or 1 CJ affiliate link for all websites (no need to add other websites to CJ again)?

please share your knowledge guys [​IMG]

basketmen, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  2. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm why no one answer this, please answer this newbie questions guys

basketmen, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    basketmen - I customize almost all my links with CJ and have no issues with them. You are not allowed to send people there from sites like craigslist, back page etc, you have to direct them to a landing page of sorts.

Also, it would be wise to register all your sites because the advertisers approve based upon yoiur sites and you do not want to have an advertiser say no because you don't have what they are looking for in an affiliate.

Romanorc, Feb 24, 2009 IP
    basketmen likes this.
  4. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    No worries were here just browsing around this forum is HUGE.
    So, when you want to change the text in a link ask the advertiser if it is ok, people do it all the time just make sure you got the go ahead!
    And your second question YES add all websites where you are going to place CJ links on. Make sure all sites comply with the TOS like no XXX or Illegal Download sites you know the simple things. There are tons of Wonderful merchants in CJ's Program so have fun choosing.
    Commission Junction offers a thing called CJU it is free for you it is tutorials and if you ever have time take a look around.
    Another thing never buy ebooks off of this site and don't believe the spammers they seem to come in waves right now the tide is low so good timing. Oh I know you know better but please you have to pick and choose the products or services that match your site, cj does not have a tool for that yet. If you ever think about creating a store with CJ merchants there is this cool program called Goldencan it provides you with a simple datafeed that populates the products from the merchant so you don't have to do it manually can actually save you hundreds of minutes lol, and here is how payments work because they are tremendously confusing.

So the big day has come and you are seeing clicks and sales woohoo.
    today is Feb 23....Your first sale/lead woo hoo 24.00 You look at your money and you think man this is tooo easy (hard hard hard) so you revamp your site/s. time has passed and it is now feb 28 last day of the month. Your site is kick butt and is bringing in the clicks no sales yet. It is now march 1st.
    You see that this morning at 0012 your sales have started you are doing awesome wooohooo
    Your CJ account is exploding! Yea
    Here is what you see:
    Pending: $320
    Extended: 0
    Locked: 0
    You rock
    You keep it up and you have broken your code!
    it is March 10th now all of a sudden you see in your account a change wow! Change is good.
    Here is what you see:
    Pending:2200.10
    Extended: $0.00
    Locked: $24.00
    Obviously you did great but why is only 24.00 locked, that is from FEB You will not be paid until April..... So you are kicking butt and march is over. You can't wait for a couple of weeks to get the money you worked so hard for and you can't wait to show off to your family who thinks you are wasting your time online. April 10th comes(locking day for previous month) but wait what the heck happened here. This is what you can see
    Pending: $1950
    Extended: $730
    Locked: $4609.02
    What the heck happened what is extended, well your merchant that you advertise for can do 1 of three things
    1st thing it can do is pay up. Which is locked.
    2nd thing it can do is extend: investigate or whatever they do when it is extended, they have something like a month to release it in to locked or reverse it.
    3rd thing it can do is reverse, now what that is, is they made it go away, either for a return, because we as humans return products that we don't like, or some merchants like free advertising or fraud(not like you would do it, but your customers might).... Lesson 2 to understand Cj coming up as soon as i can feel my fingers they went numb. lol
    Love ya
    Jodyq

jodyq, Feb 24, 2009 IP
    basketmen likes this.
  5. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    I build 3 new website a day, so i will have 1095 website for a year with million of pages indexed by google, do you think how rich i am could be?

No offense to your cute sig. But your wealth all lays on one thing. spell check and editors.

jodyq, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Best Answers:
    With CJ you are allowed to say almost anything you want to get users to click. "Click here to buy" or "This website is supported by this product" or anything you want is ok.

You can't say that you ARE the merchant however, so saying "click here to buy my product" is against the rules. Also there are some other restrictions, but those change for each merchant. For example, yahoo used to pay $.50 for each yahoo toolbar install. Yahoo would not allow you to post a youtube video saying "Crazy yahoo toolbar hack!" with your affiliate link. As long as the traffic you send is willing use the service in the way that the merchant's intended, it's ok.

Though you will be surprised how lenient a lot of merchants can be, just talk to them and ask questions. Communication will get you success with CJ.

What can't I do with CJ?
    Most merchants do not allow you to use spam tactics to generate leads / sales. Infact this is against CJ's TOS. That means you can't spam your links on craigslist, etc. However, according to CJ (and this goes against what they say in their TOS) you ARE allowed to promote a fully functioning website however you like, and that website can have your affiliate links on it. You will still need the merchants approval to do this though. Also no direct linking, ever. No merchant to my knowledge allows that. Your links can be on your website which you own, and that's it.

I don't believe that you absolutely have to put all of your websites on CJ. It is a good idea to do so though, because you will have a better chance of being approved by other merchants if you do. Also for the sake of tracking your performance, you'll want to know how each website is doing.

Keep in mind that you don't get paid for clicks with CJ. Only sales and leads.

Kevin Smith, Feb 24, 2009 IP
    basketmen likes this.
  7. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys, i am quickly understand now, add rep+ for all of you

i have the 4th questions, please answer it if you now the answer :

4. To get ppl, can we give text like this in our website :

Visit this website and enter your email

or

Click to go the merchant and register to get they promotion

basketmen, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  8. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. You can say whatever you want to try and get people to sign up. As long as you are honest with your visitors. Don't lie about a product just to get sign ups, because as I said earlier, the traffic you send will earn your merchant a lot less money then they would expect, and you will get dropped from their program.

Kevin Smith, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  9. timothy.brashear

timothy.brashear Peon

Best Answers:
    um...i hate cj.

timothy.brashear, Feb 27, 2009 IP