1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script to Prevent Accidental Clicks on Your Adsense Account

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ThalesMM, Feb 22, 2009.

Hey mates,
    So... I was worried about clicking on my own ads by accident, so I kind of made some research and I found out a greasemonkey script which blocks your pub-id, so if you click on it and the pub-id is set within the script, then nothing happens, because it is blocked.
    First, this script was made in 2007, since then google has changed its ads address, so the script was supposed to prompt you when a page with adsense load and then ask you to put the pub-id which shall be blocked, I installed it and nothing happened, so I right clicked over a google ads and I found out the string you should add on the script, then it will prompt you to entry your Publisher ID.

First:

You'll need to install the greasemonkey extension, and of course it only works on firefox.

Once you have installed it and restarted the firefox you'll be ready to install the script.
    The adsense-block script can be found here.

After you install it, you must right click on the little monkey face on your status bar, on your right, go to “Manage user Scripts” and then you must click on the script name "Adsense Prevent Accidental Click" or something like that, after that you go and click in Add, a window will pop up and you will write *googleads*, exactly like that.

Now all you have to do is go to a page which has adsense and you will be prompted to enter your publisher ID.

You can test it by going to a page which has your adsense, and click over the "Ads by Google" button, if nothing happens, you're good to go! :D

Any doubts? Sorry for my english.. lol :D

Source

ThalesMM, Feb 22, 2009 IP
    ClassHelper.org likes this.
  2. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I've read an article before on this script.

TheVccMatey, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  3. ClassHelper.org

ClassHelper.org Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip :). This seems really useful.

ClassHelper.org, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  4. Ken_Xu

Ken_Xu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One more cool tips for Wordpress blog user. You can use PlanetOzh.com 'Who-See-Ads' plugin to avoid accidental clicks on your own ads. You will see a image place holder instead of the ads if you are in a logged in status. :)

Ken_Xu, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  5. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. Great info.

Onera, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  6. Androidster

Androidster Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it really that big of a deal if you accidentally click on your own ad?

Androidster, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  7. Ken_Xu

Ken_Xu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the result is you will lost your account (banned) if found by google. They detect your geo ip, ip address and match your account login ip and where you click your ads on what computer (in local or whatever).

Well, Can't explain it in detail but google have a sophisticated system to detect fraud clicks. So it's a big deal for webmaster/blogger who earn with adsense.

Ken_Xu, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YES! It is a VERY big deal.

The reason Google do not have massively huge warnings in big red font warning against it is because for Google it is a useful indicator to figure out who's honest and who isn't. So they do have warnings, but not particularly emphatic warnings. And the second they find you clicking on your own ads - apparently just a few clicks is enough - your account is disabled for life.

Incidentally, if you start a thread at digitalpoint, and are participating in the ad revenue sharing, be sure not to click on any ads in your thread. It could be your ad you click on.

monosodium, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  9. Thnder

Thnder Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnder, Mar 6, 2009 IP