1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More fun with DMOZ, II

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Mar 30, 2006.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    3 years has gone since the original posting and the site mentioned in the first post is still listed in the same way. Makes you wonder which admin or meta own the site that DMOZ can't remove the site to at least save itself from the embarrassment of listing such sites.

gworld, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Did you really expect anything to change in the DMOZ inner sanctum? The only changes they've made are to purge the dissidents, thereby ensuring greater compliance and toadying from those who remain.

minstrel, Feb 22, 2009 IP
    Qryztufre and Ivan Bajlo like this.
  3. Going Green

Going Green Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for All of the Above. I thought I was the only one who noticed things were not so Open in the Open Directory.

Going Green, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You welcome. There are many people who have tried or still try to fight against ORGANIZATIONAL CORRUPTION in DMOZ, including many former editors who were removed because of their objection to dishonest practices.
    Just look at the threads started by me in DMOZ section and you will learn a lot more about true nature of DMOZ. ;)

gworld, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  5. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    dude I don't have time and enough braincells to broke with all your threads there ( to read them since you started to do ,.... ) , I don't know nothing about corruptions and so on , but I see enough to have an idea about what happens in last couple of weeks when I become interested about this . There on ODP directory are loads of sites which are breaking the rules and the guidelines which is claiming to be followed always , and when someone trying to insist to get some answers about this getting the threads closed / posts deleted / and warnings and infractions on this forums . So ... things can be enough clear for me ;) at least until something will change

trustnobodynever, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  6. gu3ssWHAT

gu3ssWHAT Banned

Best Answers:
    THEY CONTROL THIS FORUMS TOO AND THEY ARE TRYING TO HIDE THE DIRTY WHICH CAN COME OUT FROM THIS ~!
    DMOZ IS TRYING ANYTHING TO COVER THE SHITS WHICH CAN COME OUT FROM THEIR PRACTICES !
    With the corruption and dictatorial way how ODP promote their listing service , and the way how you guy's choose to '' share the love '' it's hard to believe someone really care about this damn it crap spam link directory . This is only bullshits about keeping an official advertising campaign ! Just with the reason to keep public interest about the directory alive , to increase the revenue generated for peoples with you colaborate ( for example mods from this forum ) ...

gu3ssWHAT, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no proof of this, unless you'd like to count the thread closings with people asking editors for proof that get locked compared to the editors asking for proof which seemingly remain open. But then, the numbers are rather slight in such statistics, so *shrug* Then again, if DP was really under the control of the ODP, then my name would be as red as yours... so I'd suspect that there is no true affiliation there other then a handful of mods being DMOZ editors as well...

Qryztufre, Mar 3, 2009 IP