1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by silvastar, Feb 21, 2009.

I did quite a bit of research regarding social bookmarking on here and figured that socialmarker.com is a great free alternative to many of the paid versions, especially now that Bookmarking demon is $147US which is $233 Australian dollars! :mad:

I researched the appropriate sites for my finance related field and came up with 13 social sites and went through the process...

1. I had to register with all 13 social sites I found relevant (took some time)
    2. Went with the article I wanted to promote
    3. Submitted the article to all 13.

The process is OK but a little time consuming. Given its free the price is definitely right!

I'll keep you posted with click throughs etc to see what advantages this submission process has.

silvastar, Feb 21, 2009 IP
    GeeOne likes this.
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    socialmarker is a good tool for bookmarking. however, out of all the SB sites socialmarket has listed, only a handfull of them are dofollow. even the ones they mark as dofollow, there are some nofollow sites in them. but still, not bad for a free tool

sultanofseo, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  3. Jason Ng

Jason Ng Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Marker is free but it is extremely time consuming if you have a lot of pages to bookmark.

Jason Ng, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  4. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jason

I agree with the time consuming part but hey, that is the price if you want to get your articles found I
    guess. The alternative is highly priced software or monthly subscription and someone people report that
    after using it they can't even find their articles on all the sites! Go figure.

At least doing it the slow way you know that your article is there.

silvastar, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  5. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing silvasta, it is worth spending time since it is free, which saves lots of money.
    Rgds

GeeOne, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  6. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot, I was planning to pay somebody for this....

rsrikanth05, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  7. brandonhess

brandonhess Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked out social marker, but I find it is not any easier than just doing it the old fashioned way. Pick the higher ranking one, join them, build a profile, and book mark my sites. Social marker does not really speed things up or make them easier.

I am not sure on the paid ones, never used any.

That is my take on it. :)

brandonhess, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  8. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are planning on outsourcing it in can be the right thing to do.

I'd itemise everything you need done, time how long it takes to get a good estimate and then
    write the job up on odesk.com or something similar. This way you still get the benefit of getting
    it manually done but you can outsource it for a small fee for each article your write.

Alternatively you can find people on DP forum that have Bookmarking Demon who are happy to use
    their log ins to book mark your articles for a small and fair fee.

silvastar, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  9. phaoloo

phaoloo Peon

Best Answers:
    I should try socialmarker, I find that ping.fm is also good because it can broadcast my link to many sites include delicious, twitter, facebook etc. but most of them are no follow.

phaoloo, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  10. freebiefinder

freebiefinder Peon

Best Answers:
    social marker is time consuming but worth it i guess

freebiefinder, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  11. vinogradov

vinogradov Active Member

Best Answers:
    i preffer onlywire way more!

vinogradov, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  12. TheEnthusiast

TheEnthusiast Peon

Best Answers:
    what ? bookmarking demon is spam tool aim pligg based site stuff like make me mad

TheEnthusiast, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  13. net-point

net-point Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have twoo very good bookmarking deamons wich works with scuttles sites.
    Have own database of good dofollow working scuttles, if anyone interested PM me, I can submit automaticaly first 5 websites for free, only mainpages (as a sample), but this scripts has possibility to auto deep linking whole websites.

It is true if you will submit to that kind of sites your URLs will indexed by google fast, really fast.

I have builded up websites wich has indexed up to 60 thousands of subpages in google.

For example check this one

http://biznes.i-pozycjonowanie.net

It has 59 000 indexed pages within 2 months !
    That is incredible but true, I`ve done it by one of mine bookmarking deamon wich gets automaticaly subpages of site I want to index (5-20 subpages a day) and adds them to up to 20 scuttles by day for one month period.

The major value is you don`t have to submit every of you subpage manually, it hard to do if your website has more than several hundred of subpages, I have many websites wich has more than 10 thousand of subpages and I indexing all of them by fully automated script.

One thing I have to do is define several descriptions (randomly rotated with meta desc from the sites I submit), keywords, and that is all, script automaticaly registering random usernames and pass, and submit my subpages.

It works perfect.

net-point, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  14. calvynlee

calvynlee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    since a lot people said bookmarking demon is good, i have consider to buy it.

but due to budget problem, i was thinking to share with few friend, which we can submit with the software we buy. ( is it posible to share?)

also, can use this software to offer service for other webmaster, collect a minor fees, provide submitting service, should be able to cover the cost after some time right :p

calvynlee, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  15. teo123

teo123 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think I will give it a try.

teo123, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  16. Lakshmi SEO

Lakshmi SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    social book marking is good tool because its free of cost. Advantages are more than the only disadvantage time consuming.

Lakshmi SEO, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  17. net-point

Best Answers:
    I dont think so it is good solution to offer indexing to others cos that kind of scripts consuming much power of virtual server. I have 20 websites running in this and my server are all the time overloaded.

net-point, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  18. calvynlee

calvynlee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but creating a social bookmarking website already can expected a lot people will submit article to your website. definitely will consume a lot server resources if a lot of traffic come in.

your actual meaning is create a social bookmarking website just for ur self to put in your own article?

calvynlee, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  19. rokrohan

rokrohan Active Member

Best Answers:
    guess will give it a try too! thanks for sharing!

rokrohan, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  20. net-point

Best Answers:
    Not at all :), I only meant starting own Social Bookmarking website is a way of easy gaining of points in links exchanging systems, cos your own social bookmarking site will fast grow and amount of their subpages will increase fast. As you know, links exchange systems likes websites they have a lot of indexed subpages in Google. You will get a links for this from link exchange systems.

The major value of this is ,the people visit your Social Bookmarking website will create a free content for you, You will do nothing except gaining points in Link Vault systems or others.

Sorry for my english, probably I can`t describe this as clear as I want, anyway Scuttle scripts works, own Scuttle websites is a one thing , the second thing related to social bookmarkings are submission to that kind of websites. Both of this really works great, scuttle submission works for you in other way, you can fast index subpages of your other websites.

net-point, Mar 2, 2009 IP