1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying website for links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Dimmo, Feb 21, 2009.

Hi,

I was thinking about buying a website which is for sale. The website is in the same market to my own and I would only want to buy it for the backlinks it already has.

Now if I bought the website but only kept the domain and used web forwarding as opposed to a 301 redirect to my site, would this pass on links and pagerank to my site?

I only ask as I don't particularly want to buy this website and pay the costs of hosting it, I just want the domain and benefit by redirecting the links onto my own site.

Dimmo, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    By web forwarding do you mean meta refresh? That won't pass pagerank to your site. I normally buy the website and put a link on it for my website. All depends on the price you have to pay for the domain. Remove other outgoing links on the website and only keep one link (pointing to your website). :)

jitendraag, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  3. Dimmo

Dimmo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well it would have been the web forwarding that 123-reg.co.uk offer, but I have looked into it further and it would appear they use 302 redirects and after reading this article, http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum5/3463.htm

I think it will just be best to transfer the domain to my own hosting provider and do a 301 redirect.

Dimmo, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  4. backlinks

backlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    301 redirect will pass all of the existing link juice

backlinks, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  5. Web.Parul

Web.Parul Peon

Best Answers:
    Adding your link on home page would be the best way to do it !

Web.Parul, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  6. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    buying that website and use is for 3 way link exchange like link the people in your theme from that site and ask them to place your other site link that will make it one way link to your site and a good pr juice.

deccanbazaar.biz, Feb 22, 2009 IP