1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have the consoles of this generation (ps3, 360, wii) been a huge let down?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by freebielog, Feb 4, 2009.

My opinion.. nothings changed since the XBOX 1. Apart from higher resolution and more memory.

• Compare halo 1 to halo 3..
    • Compare GTA San andreas to gta 4..
    • Compare Mario sunshine to Wii's new mario title..

Apart from graphical enhancements, what's changed?.. Is it even possible to make anything original anymore?

ps: And little big planet is not original, it was ripped off a popular free flash game.

freebielog, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  2. robuk21

robuk21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree that nothing has changed, the Xbox 360 especially has changed a lot of things about gaming, they have added achievements to games, which in some cases can make it more compelling to play through and finish a game.

Xbox live as a service has changed the way you traditionally connect to multiplayer games by adding and improving the player matching systems, which are generally quite good.

This is also becoming true with the PS3 as they are attempting more and more to emulate the service offered by the xbox. Basically, these systems have done a lot to improve the way we interact with one another online in games and with the online marketplaces they are changing the way we get our games.

To sum up I have been really impressed with my xbox over the last few years, it just a shame that the PS3 hasn't been as innovative and so mine just sits and gathers dust, for now!

robuk21, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  3. studygm

studygm Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that a lot has changed. I am especially very impressed with the huge advancements in technology and the graphics for many games.

studygm, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  4. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Wireless media server, Blu-ray, and free online gaming over built in Wi-Fi isn't exactly a let down in my opinion.

Kerosene, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  6. scissors

scissors Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot has changed in my opinion. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are very technically advanced machines and go beyond just gaming into areas such as networked media players (plus Blu-ray for the PS3), internet machines (browsing, downloading, etc) as well as adding to the gaming experience with better graphics, sound and online play with Xbox live and Sony's free PSN service. Wireless controllers are also a major advantage - using something with wires is plain annoying now. I also think the Wii has introduced a whole new generation of gamers thanks to its control system who otherwise wouldn't of gone anywhere near a PS3 or Xbox. One thing that is true though is that good gameplay is what matters - a rubbish game is still rubbish even though it has nice graphics and sound.

scissors, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  7. ClipShare

ClipShare Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the ps3 and it's great, i really loved the GTA series and i could say on ps3 it's easier to play compared to the PC

ClipShare, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. crunk_monk

crunk_monk Peon

Best Answers:
    The consoles or the hardware I should say is not a let down but the gaming industry itself is a let down. The consoles are pushing forward in technology but the game developers are behind wanting to make games that would be ok 5 years ago, now and with prettier shiner graphics its seems. They waited too long and it seems now they finally realized people like to play with they're friends online playing something other then a fps. Right now it seems the gaming developers are starting to wake up and make more games online and with innovated game play.

crunk_monk, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  9. SEOVICE

SEOVICE Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the xbox 360 console. I have only had it for a while but it is quite impressive.

SEOVICE, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  10. ElItE_HaXoR

ElItE_HaXoR Peon

Best Answers:
    i have never liked consoles personally, but i do have a psp just cause its handy, and i love it lol, i have played on an xbox and tbh my pc whoops it :)

ElItE_HaXoR, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  11. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best devolpement is the wii, you can now move the remote and on the screen there is change. Comapere to 20 years ago they were stilling play a black and white gameboy.

scweb, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  12. Xander756

Xander756 Banned

Best Answers:
    The PS3 definitely has, look at the market share percentage Sony lost from last generation. The 360 has been the best console this generation, coming from low market share to quite a bit. It has locked down many exclusives and taken exclusives away. The Wii is great but most people use it as their second console.

Xander756, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  13. webdevuk

webdevuk Member

Best Answers:
    Tbh .. i have a ps3 and i love it .

webdevuk, Mar 24, 2009 IP