1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i want to host a website..can you plzz suggest me....

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by neershar, Feb 18, 2009.

i want to host a website..can you plzz suggest me how to go about it.

like how to register a domain name, hosting sites, best deals, best templates n all..

although i have a blog (bloggers),i have never hosted any website before....

looking for suggestions from you all..

neershar, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  2. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Register a domain with namecheap, godaddy, name etc or get one through the web host you signup with. Have you used anything other than blogger for a site? Wordpress, drupal, joomla are content management systems that don't take too long to figure out that you can customize the themes. Installation on your web host can be done through Fantastico in your control panel in a few clicks. Any HTML, javascript, php experience?

micksss, Feb 18, 2009 IP
    neershar likes this.
  3. Jod

Jod Member

Best Answers:
    Jod, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  4. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Register a domain and get a host. There are lot of good hosts available here at DP. Go for a shared hosting in the initial phase. That will reduce your cost.

While selecting your host from DP, do check the reputation, itrader and comments or reviews from other buyers on their threads.

aspire, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  5. dooma

dooma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap.com is the best one to register domain.

dooma, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  6. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have received two confliting opinions above and I will add my 2 cents worth to try and help you avoid future problems.

1. Buy you domain name from a reputable registrar that will likely still be in business a year from now. All those suggested above are fine.

2. Buy your hosting some place different than where you buy you name.

3. Start with a smaller plan and always keep backups of your site.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Colbyt, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  7. ipunkbali

ipunkbali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use godaddy.com
    Good customer service. 24/7

ipunkbali, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  8. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You can let the web hosting company to register your domain. Most web hosts offer domain registration and some of them will also register it for free if you buy hosting from them. This is the easier way but you should to read some reviews before you sign up for some hosting to make sure that you go with reliable company.

Some companies also offer preinstalled php scripts like wordpress in their web hosting plans. So it is possible to run your own weblog on your own domain so easy like with blogger.com. You only register and choose the script to be installed.

MarbleHost.com, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  9. starangel

starangel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go for hosting company with Fantastico, it makes blog software install easy.

starangel, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  10. neershar

neershar Peon

Best Answers:
    @^^^
    thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

suppose i have registered a domain name and taken up a hosting plan. then how to go about designing the site and putting the things in place.

at bloggers its easy that you choose a template and then you have to just post and choose only, how u want your page to be displayed like..

can u explain this topic in more detail or suggest some source on the net...

i have a limited knowledge of html...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    neershar, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  11. starangel

starangel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use Fantastico, just click on the blogging software you want to use, such as wordpress, enter your admin password and your site is up. Just login to post. You can download wordpress templates from the web and follow the simple installation instructions.

starangel, Feb 19, 2009 IP
    neershar likes this.
  12. eclipsemedia

eclipsemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used Bluehost for all my clients who needed a new hosting company. You can get a really good hosting package for low as 7 bucks a month and a free domain name for life (as long as you use Bluehost.com for hosting) There service has always been reliable and its 24/7

eclipsemedia, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ok, if you are going to run a weblog you don't need to know anything about HTML. In fact, with HTML only you will not be able to create weblog. It can be done using HTLM + PHP which is much more difficult.

There are free scripts which can be used to run weblog. They come with default design but you can also find many free templates which you can use. The most popular blogging script is called Wordpress.

If your host has some pre-installed scripts there is 99% chance that Wordpress will be included. If this is your case just log in your control panel, let the script to be installed and you will have something like blogger installed in your webspace.

Another solution is download Wordpress and read the instruction how to install it.

When done google for "free wordpress themes". Download some of the themes you like and upload it to the themes directory in your webspace. In the admin area you will be able to change the theme anytime. From the admin area you can also create the blog posts and manage all weblog settings.

MarbleHost.com, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  14. eyering

eyering Peon

Best Answers:
    Register a domain and get a host,do it by yourself and learn step by step, good luck

eyering, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  15. SiteTalkZone

SiteTalkZone Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a hosting plan with me and I will personally install bloging software on your package, help you set your domain name up and provide you with live chat support. PM me if interested. Plans start from $5/month.

SiteTalkZone, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  16. Julian124

Julian124 Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest, name.com ive been using it for a while and their support with me is really good.
    also, for webhosting, best to look for a host with as many have said cPanel with Fantastico, but i have heard some negative feedbacks about Fantastico. Also, again for webhosting, its best to choose the disk space and bandwidth that you will need. dont go just for high numbers in those two factors, look for something you really need, for a site that may barely be coming up, it might be best to look for at least 10gb disk space & 100gb bandwidth. and increase as you get more hits on your site. because if you start paying for more than that, and you dont use it up all in one month. You will be paying for something you dont really need. So you could save yourself a couple of bucks to use later. But this is just my 2 cents. :) Goodluck!

Julian124, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  17. nandanamnidheesh

nandanamnidheesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey hey ... xakbox hosting solution also best one to register domain and host ... ha ha ..cause itz mine ..:D

but we provide a free wordpress installation with stylish theme and free seo help tooo .. we are helping blogger users to move to there own websites but with similar and easy admin area and all ..thats y using wordpress ...

nandanamnidheesh, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  18. marketingmaven

marketingmaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey give hostgator a look. They have fantastic support and pricing!

marketingmaven, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  19. neershar

neershar Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you all for all your useful tips...

neershar, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  20. fchristopher

fchristopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to register it in Hostmonster... Their services is good & cheap packages like 5.95$/month.

Cheers!

fchristopher, Feb 27, 2009 IP