1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the real difference between reports and ebooks?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Arcanus, Feb 19, 2009.

Hi!

Whats the differences between the two?

Does it matter what writing style is used,like is it based on length of the document OR is the report an extract of a ebook?

OR i've read about 1 internet marketer who writes a 10-20 page report and turns it into an ebook by adding chapters

So like for report priced at under $10 ,would prospective buyers expect something short (say 7 pages)?

Hope that's not confusing.

opinions,thoughts and discussion encouraged.

Arcanus, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  2. budz

budz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Ebook is more easy to read... Just like that.. if report u need to check the URL again one by one... ^^

budz, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  3. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    uhh..you lost me.

I'm not talking about urls.

I've got several ideas for ebooks..but thinking of writing a report..I'm just not sure whether the $7 reports are structured like a shortened version of a ebook/or an extracted chapter.

or whether its structured like..
    intro
    background info
    recommendations
    conclusion

Or can reports be written like one long huge article?

Arcanus, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  4. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Report is basically shorter in length than ebook and usually contains one or 2 ideas whereas ebook may contain a lot of ideas .Also report doesn't contain index (most of the time)

teckinik, Feb 19, 2009 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  5. ukescuba

ukescuba Peon

Best Answers:
    to me an ebook usually identifies some kind of method but goes into great detail how to implement it...

a report goes over different methods briefly but tells you more about the effectiveness of each method...

that's how my logic works this morning :)

ukescuba, Feb 19, 2009 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  6. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    A report is usually 30 pages or less. More than that people will refer as an ebook.

Both method that you're saying can be use. Some marketers prefer to create a report as a snippet for their ebook and some prefer to write it in a structured way just like an ebook.

It doesn't matter how you write it. As long you can get the message across to the readers, that will be fine.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Feb 19, 2009 IP
    Arcanus likes this.
  7. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    Thanks heaps for the helpful responses.

I can now move forward with my ideas,now that i have a fair idea of how to structure it.

cheers,
    Arc

Arcanus, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it not the format problem.
    You need to do the right format that is wanted by reader.
    If you put yourself in reader shoes,you will notice that you will need a short but full of important point report compare to the long ebook.

mentos, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  9. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    100% makes sense to me.

I've done some searching across the net and with all your comments here I've written a list of about 14 potential titles.
    I've just now written an outline to an ebook,using some of these titles as ideas and for my first report I'll take one of the outline points and expand-I'll do this with each report then down the track i'll combine it into an ebook.
    I figure this won't burn me out and i'll have topic ideas for awhile at least.

Arcanus, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  10. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Reports give you knowledge of the industry .
    Ebooks teach you "how to" .

justinlorder, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  11. Joshua Creighton

Joshua Creighton Peon

Best Answers:
    Any time I've bought a report, I've noticed that they're usually focused on a single specific subject or topic and discuss it all the way through to the end of the report. Ebooks seem to be focused on a particular subject, but approach it from different angles and seem to cover a wider variety of things about that subject through different chapters. Most of the reports I've gotten have never included chapters, and are almost always straight-forward text.

If it's a quality report, it'll be as informative as most ebooks, but I think any report will run into the problem of being 'lesser than' an ebook because of the general way they're designed. Ebooks generally hold more information, and are worth more by most people's standards. It all really depends on the quality of the report and ebook in the end though.

Joshua Creighton, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  12. Arcanus

Best Answers:
    @ Joshua Creighton
    Makes sense.

After revising my outline,i've created another outline that's a little more focused. looks like i'll be writing an ebook! lol.

Arcanus, Feb 21, 2009 IP