1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 8 Most Influential Bloggers

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by michaelpowers, Feb 15, 2009.

1. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking of Carl Ocab, he is now 15 years old and has tons of upcoming projects including speaking engagements, and other means of teaching how to make money online. Yes, he can...

But no, don't hate John Chow too much as he is among Carl's blogging buddies. In fact, the two made the first ever interview at Twitter just last week.

GuardianAngel, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  2. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup Carl Ocab has some very useful information on his blog! I haven't had a chance to read it lately with all the projects I have been working on but I will have to take a look again soon. I always learn a thing or two by visiting his website.

As for John Chow. He does have some good things to say but at the same time lately he's been talking way too much about leisure and not money making techniques.

michaelpowers, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  3. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    Actually, the super kid blogger is starting to join forces with his fellow (US-based) Filipino Internet marketer Joel Christopher.

If Joel's name did not ring a bell to you, his story has been mentioned in the 2nd book of Joel Comm - Click to Order (Stories of World's Most Successful Internet Marketing Entrepreneurs).

GuardianAngel, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  4. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. No I haven't heard of Joel Christopher before. I know who Joel Comm is though. I will do some research on this and learn more about this guy. Thanks for the heads up.

5. austin-G

austin-G Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you can't really make a list like this - it's different for everyone. For me, Joost de Valk is a very influential blogger (http://yoast.com) but others might not thing that. It's more of a personal thing.

austin-G, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  6. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly it. This is my personal influential bloggers list. I am sure everyone will have a different list. The whole point of these thread is to expose some people to new bloggers so they can read their blogs and learn new things.

If you have a top 8 list you would like to share by all means feel free to post a list here!

7. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    Joel Christopher is considered as the Masterlist Builder. You can Google his name though.

Here's the top 100 Internet marketers of 2008 according to Invesp Consulting - http://www.invesp.com/2008/top-100-marketers-of-2008.html I am sure you will recognize some of them like Darren Rowse, John Chow, and my all-time favorite Brian Clark of Copyblogger.

But once and and for all, I think one must understand that bloggers don't make money - Internet marketers do. Bloggers focus on socializing, enjoy comments and followers. Internet marketers focus on making money alone, although it seems that they are not. That's why most social bloggers do not know them.

Darren Rowse has a very popular blog but he is considered as an Internet marketer.

8. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a sweet list! Lots of good information there. Thanks for sharing!

9. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. However, you can also check out Seth Godin. He is the guy behind Squidoo, and his blog is the most popular among them all. He is also my all-time favorite and my most admired Internet marketer. His posts are very short, but the thoughts and philosophy have great lessons to learn. Looks weird but deep and powerful...

Unfortunately, he is NOT on the list and many are wondering why.

10. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to know. I've used Squidoo a bit. I will check out his other work.

11. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney rarely offers anything of value. When he does write a good article, it's usually original and helpful and possibly even worth saving. The problem is, this happens maybe once a month. The rest of the time, he spends on stupid things like T-Shirt Friday and cage fighting and what have you.

Shadowplay, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  12. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problogger is the best source for me, but I can't deny John Chow's influence.

mdamin76, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  13. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I guess you are right. Not all of the time he provides quality content. However compared to a lot of the people out there is does have a lot of talent to make things work.

Yup Problogger is awesome! But John Chow has made a ton of traffic and has a lot of followers even if he talks about food all the time now :)

michaelpowers, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That usually happens with when people go from hungry to success. There is little incentive to continue greatness and they tend to sit back and rest of past accomplishments.

hmansfield, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  15. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. But who wouldn't try and do that. I know I would do that kind of thing if I was making that much money. Everyone would like to think that they wouldn't but the fact is that most people would try to optimize how much they are making.

michaelpowers, Feb 19, 2009 IP