1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ veterans i need some guidance

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by priyankeshu, Feb 16, 2009.

I am a not going to ask for any "secrets"... But...

Can any CJ expert just tell me one single popular way... using which i can make money with cj? (

I really want to start making money online, i have descent knowledge of computers html/flash/php etc.

About CJ, all i know till now is you have a website where you can promote their product. But i am sure that this could nt be the best way to do it. I want to avoid trial and error that is why i am asking you folks here.

Also please give specific answers if possible. Don't give broad answers like have a website or blog cause i already know that... i need a direction now..

It may help other newbies here too ....

Thanks in advance....

Cheers

priyankeshu, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Pick a niche (e.g fish tanks/aquariums), preferably something that won't bore you to tears, then create plenty of UNIQUE content about every CJ product that you can find relating to your niche. It doesn't matter if you use a blog, or if you create your own site, just write as much as you can. Specs, reviews, blablabla. Content, content, content!

And make nearly EVERY link on your site drop a cookie. Use text links subtly dropped into your content, not banners. If you use product images, make them all aff links. Use rel="nofollow" on your links. Or even better, redirect them using htaccess.

Then get a crap load of one way links from related sites (e.g your competitors).

Obviously this is over simplified, but it's the basics of making a reasonably successful affiliate site. :)

Kerosene, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  3. priyankeshu

priyankeshu Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey thank you so much.. i think this is one of the best advice i ever got ... i also have a few doubts i would like to ask about them

1. I saw some guys running sites like where they ask people to register and fill forms and they pay them money. I think this is not according to CJ terms and conditions. (something like nitroclicks etc)

2. Is e-mail mass mailing advertising a viable option too? I guess it is not... just want to confirm.

4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    1. I think incentivized marketing is permitted by some CJ advertisers, but you'd want to read their TOS very very carefully.

2. Yes, email campaigns are permitted by some CJ advertisers, again, read the TOS for the individual advertiser.

I don't use either of these methods, so don't take my word for it. But I'm pretty sure.
    Read through the CJ TOS if you want to be 100% sure.

Kerosene, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  5. priyankeshu

Best Answers:
    thanksssss a tonnes.... seriously! you have given me information that i could not have found in all the ebooks... i was a lil down today cause my adsense application got rejected for no reason... thanks again for your kind help!

6. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Kerosene is awesome! You know priyankeshu, this place is filled with knowledge and some pretty smart people who are nice enough to share their experiences with us. Even though this is your thread with your question, it is invaluable to noobs and vets alike.

jodyq, Feb 16, 2009 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  7. priyankeshu

Best Answers:
    of course... ! i agree with you...! And this information is like nectar of all the ebooks and guides and blogs available on the internet! It's to the point!!!