1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ZamFoo v2.0 stable :::::::::: New WHM Alpha Master Reseller Script

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by hostydotnet, Feb 14, 2009.

hi,

We are pleased to announce version 2.0 of the quickly growing ZamFoo Reseller script.

Changes
    =========

tweaks(problem from cpanel)
    -------
    added tweak to fix cpanel data files into engine for clients with whm that produces partial data files
    convert deasoft data to zamfoo(leave deasoft and use zamfoo)

b9 tool
    -------
    set which allows you to quickly easity install scripts and other hosting addons, restart 12 differnt services, perform ddos analysis, 6 exim tools, mysql 2002 errors, crontab 4755 errors and many others.

additionally b9 contains reinstallers/installers and updaters for cpanel, rvskin, rvsitebuilder, csf, imagemagik, fantastico, mytop, postgresql

magic magic wand
    -----------------

toggle deasoft on
    toggle deasoft off
    fix zamfoo data files
    delete whmreseller

thanks,
    kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  2. TmaxHost.net

TmaxHost.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not a good script. There in no FTP backup/restore function, migration function only supports max 25 MB Upload Migration File. ZamFoo: Migr@tor is not useful.
    How can a master reseller make backups of there clients?
    What if master resellers want to restore a large file??
    I think no option……

May be good for root, but not for there clients.

TmaxHost.net, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  3. myosh

myosh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still a good script, a bit easy compare to WHMReseller, the only "not good" about Zamfoo is that no FTP backup/restore and the limit migration file size. If they can improve or add this function, I am sure Zamfoo will better compare to WHMReseller. At the moment, Zamfoo only very useful for root.

myosh, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  4. TmaxHost.net

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, I am agree with you only very useful for root.But not for Alpha/Master Resellers.

5. hostydotnet

hostydotnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

you can have the client manually upload the file to the migration folder in their root directory via a regular ftp client such as wsftp. they can then use migrator to queue the file. to large of a file with a cgi uploader will drop the server. the master reseller software allows up to 75 megs. you can also trick the software to allow greater cgi uploads.

you backup your clients the same way you always did. if you have a feature request please register for a tiki account and post it there in the feature request thread.

additionally please don't confuse the two scripts. one script i just zamfoo migrator. the other script is a completely new alternative to deasoft and is called zamfoo reseller which has zamfoo migrator in it.

kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  6. TmaxHost.net

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alpha and master reseller makes backups only through WHMreseller FTP backup function at one place.
    other ways are only for root.

7. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

welp. we thought we would here a good job, keep going or a thank god and not a complaint about functionality. if you would like to see a feature add it to the feature request thread as we suggested.

thanks,
    kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  8. studiografiti

studiografiti Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Kevin!
    So you are the creator of this script? Just wanna say it is thruly amazing. WHMReseller from deasoft has always been buggy and lack of resources. I used your script for a while now and all my alpha, master and standard resellers really love it. Some features like reseller account with unlimited resources and own nameservers can now be created easily for my clients. And regarding to the migrator, unlike deasoft this migr@ator really works!
    Keep your good work up.

All the best

studiografiti, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  9. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

thank you. we most definitely will. we are working on a way to update our software quickly and easily and a simplier method of installation so that we can cut back on this overhead.

i know that we had a couple of major major new functionality improvements this week that took us from v 1.3 to 2.1 but this that will allow us to crack out more functionality a lot lot quicker.

after this is tackled we will work on a search function and a remote backup option to go with zamfoo: migrator

thanks,
    kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  10. GTR2009

GTR2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very nice script but lacking too many features. I think that you will be able to gain alot more people interest if you take people ideas and feature request into conderation.

If you don't mind i would like to know what will all be in the next release as 2.1 is lacking too much and i am sure alot of people will stick with WHMReseller as right now i don't think your script does not compares.

WHMReseller has a much better interface also.

GTR2009, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  11. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

if you don't request features we can't make them. create a wiki account and add them to the feature request thread.

the single biggest thing we need to do first is get an update function so that there is no overhead involved with updates. the function will be manual but you can add a cron to do update as often as you like. then we can worry about coding new features....unless of course there any issues remaining.

we expect the update function to be completed at some point this week. there will be some time to get everyone on the same page.

i agree that some of these features are needed. if you desire to stay with whmreseller at this point. that is fine. that will allow us to improve functionality quicker....but please post feature requests.

thanks,
    kevin

12. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

thank you.

i never fully answered the previous question. we hope to get some of the other features that are you lacking such as the search function which would be integrated into every page...possibly even the ftp backup function which will go under magic wand. but most importantly the update function and versioning code to distinguish between server architectures.

please provide more details on how the ftp backup function should work. we no longer maintain a valid license with them.

kevin

13. GTR2009

GTR2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It looks like someone has already posted a thread with some features, i was shocked to see some of the option that were requested which should have been in there from the start.

You are requesting option but have not even taken care of the 1's that people have requested already.
    When will a new version be out with some main options?

GTR2009, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  14. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

shortly. if i had to guess maybe a week or two but i can't give you a firm answer on an exact date.

thanks,
    kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  15. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is a reason why scripts that allow Alpha Master Resellers in WHM are always buggy....

hostlonestar, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  16. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

ok. with our software you can turn off the alpha reseller option but since you mentioned it...enlighten us.

kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  17. GTR2009

GTR2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Any update on when a new version release will be here???

It kinda sucks right now me be being a client of someone using your software on there servers. You have no option for us to set qoute on any accounts like disk space, transfer, limiting how many accounts a alpha or master can make.

And the worst thing is that you have no option for us to set our displayed nameservers for our clients, it just shows the the defalt nameservers which SUCKS.

Will any of these thing be in the next version as right now it SUCKS being a reseller for someone using your software.

GTR2009, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  18. studiografiti

studiografiti Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Let me be proud to answer in place of Sir Kevin.
    The current version is 2.1 - The one announced in this thread is 2.0
    It is really hard for me to understand what you mean with the term "sucks" since this plugin can both create and migrate accounts which WHMRESELLER only looks like doing but almost failing everytime.
    Creating nameservers is already availiable and could be made with a few single clicks.
    This is also the one and only plugin that can make very personalized resources. You can now also make for example reseller accounts with unmetered resources which you could not have done with deason software. With deason you often saw accounts having limits like 999, and immediately recognized it as reseller.

Now you can get 100% private branding so I am sure you will find out how nice Kevins script is by the time.

Best Regards

studiografiti, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  19. GTR2009

GTR2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you currently using this script? or are you a reseller of someone who is currently using this script? if not then your opion does not mean much at this point.

This script come no where near WHMReseller.

Please tell me how this script offer private branding as this script does not allow me to setup my own displayed nameservers, it just shows the main defalt nameservers.

This script allows you to create packages with unlimited and that is it, what happens if i wanted to limit an account? i can't.

This script does not have half of the option that WHMReseller. I think that if Kevin or what ever is name is want to kick WHMReseller out of the water he better start getting some main features.

Right now this script is useless to reseller.

I understand that this is at a basic stage.

GTR2009, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  20. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

after investigating gtrs nameserver claim. both of you are correct. the dns itself is correct but whm still displays the servers default nameserver when setting up an account. i please add this to the feature request thread and i will put it into the next release.

if you want to automatically create packages with limited resources you can use whmcs or another billing software to create your accounts. we do see this as one area that the software is lacking however most people do not sell limited hosting. at this point we would like to focus on some of the other items to improve functionality.

thanks,
    kevin

hostydotnet, Feb 19, 2009 IP