1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad News for all you blackhatters with multiple Associated Content accounts

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by maddie73, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Jezlad

Jezlad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any further news on this phone verification?

I noticed the post has been removed from the AC blog :(

Jezlad, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. ReadingBuddy

ReadingBuddy Guest

Best Answers:
    Hooray for the whitehat writers and user-oriented folks at AC! I'm all for eradicating scum and scumbags.

ReadingBuddy, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  3. wittyusername

wittyusername Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish they would have implemented something like this sooner. Associated Content is rejecting LEGIT, unique articles now. (excuses like "this content is too widely available") I used to make good money on AC, now all the shitbags submitting spun content killed it. :(

wittyusername, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  4. christopherw

christopherw Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's totally ridiculous what's become of AC!

christopherw, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  5. top10ratedreviews

top10ratedreviews Peon

Best Answers:
    your whitehat writing aint very good if its not being accepted..Apparently the blackhat writers are doing something "special"..Maybe submitting good content?

They would only reject if your content is worthless. And yes..content is to widley available..you have to know what to write about for them to pay you the best..Why would they pay you if your submitting the same thing that has been writtten over and over and over and over..

top10ratedreviews, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  6. wittyusername

wittyusername Peon

Best Answers:
    My articles are written by professional writers. Yes, the ones getting rejected for being to widely available, probably are, but that does not make them worthless. There's only so much topics to write about.

I don't have anything against black hatters, but there's a right way to do it, and there's the idiotic way to do it. Verification would weed out the idiots, the smart black hatters would find a way around it, and those are the people that don't ruin anything to begin with.

wittyusername, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't stop black hat. Black hat is a mentality, not a person or technique.

guerilla, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  8. smackthat

smackthat Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't know AC was full of spinned articles, all I knew was it's full of articles that people claimed 'EXCELLENT articles'. Anyways, good news for the whitehatters.

smackthat, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  9. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every time I hear that blackhatters have been defeated, a skeptical frown is usually my first reaction. There are no black hat proof systems out there. I can think of at least 2 ways to bypass these new measures, true, not free, but still existing.

As long as AC will have a market share and it is profitable to do article spam in there, the abuses will not stop. The only thing that this latest move managed was to price up the whole deal, both for AC as well as for blackhatters. As the blackhatters will figure new workarounds, the cost will come down again (for them only). It's an arms race.

Regards, George

geegel, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  10. TomoeMichieru

TomoeMichieru Peon

Best Answers:
    How exactly did AC get filled with spun content anyway? Don't they check for that when reviewing it?

TomoeMichieru, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  11. d0rhk

d0rhk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the main things they check for is good grammar, if the article has good grammar, and passes all of the other tests they run on it, then I guess they post it up.

I hope this means more money for writers, im sick of getting $3.00 for a 500 word article lol

d0rhk, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  12. aeolson

aeolson Peon

Best Answers:
    They must be doing Display Only. I don't think articles are ever put through the review process when you do that. AC is becoming very militant about suspicious articles now, and they ARE checking Display Only for everything. Anyone cheating the system will pretty much be found out and banned.

aeolson, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. TVS TELEVISIONS

TVS TELEVISIONS Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as the verification requires a live answer not just a msg left on a cheap 800 number it would work.

TVS TELEVISIONS, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  14. MrsWrite

MrsWrite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad AC is tightening things. It's helping out the legitimate writers such as myself.

MrsWrite, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  15. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    AC doesn't pay enough to bother with trying to "work" it unless you have hundreds of articles on there. Maybe I should rewrite the 500 or so articles sitting in my SENT box and slap them all on there lol.

Online Writer, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  16. Sir Tom

Sir Tom Banned

Best Answers:
    If anyone is having difficulty with the Associated Content policies and would like to partner with a US resident who PM me.

Sir Tom, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  17. EMohrman

EMohrman Peon

Best Answers:
    The key to AC is not the upfront pay, it's the residual earnings through performance payments. Most people can't see that when they first start, but there are plenty of people there making several hundred a month (and a few earning over $1,000 a month) just from page views.

There's definitely a learning curve for AC, and to be worthwhile, it really takes patience and ongoing effort. If you've got a good handle on SEO and can pick topics that people are actually searching for, you're off to a good start.

If anyone needs help with the site, let me know. You can also find me there under the same name, and I'm pretty visible in the forum.

As to the blackhatters - once you have 3 pieces approved, you can submit without any review. There's no upfront pay, but you can earn from the content indefinitely from page views. But like aeolson said, AC is now reviewing content submitted without review and removing it if it's not up to par.

EMohrman, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  18. indianicrasta

indianicrasta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it is good if AC now use PVA, but since only US citizen that can upfront payment, i think it is unfair for people who outside US..

indianicrasta, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  19. supersundas

supersundas Peon

Best Answers:
    should clean the industry a little!

supersundas, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  20. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not unfair at all. With U.S. writers, a U.S. company is legally protected if they get screwed and find out content they bought up front was infringing on someone else's copyright. There's no guarantee they'd be protected with writers in other areas, which is why it's better to treat their submissions basically as "user-generated content" rather than directly purchased content that passes an editor's approval.

jhmattern, Mar 5, 2009 IP