1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Five Mistakes In Chosing Domain Name - And 3 ways for better!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by namln, Feb 14, 2009.

Five Mistakes In Chosing Domain Name - And 3 ways for better!

One very salient factor to remember is that once you have registered your domain designation and you have fix up your website, started advertising and getting leads coming in. . . . . at that stage of the game it's already as well late to produce a domain title modify very easily if you realize you have made a poor decision. It would mean starting all over again. So, let's see how we can avoid that scenario.
    [​IMG]

Here are five mistakes that human beings often create when picking their domain:

1/ THE DOMAIN NAME HAS VERY BRIEF RELEVANCE TO YOUR BUSINESS. This is a very serious mistake on account of when prospects reach your website and you are not providing them with the facts they are expecting, then they are going to quickly leave your site, never to come back again. You wish to choose a fame that will immediately tell your prospect something about your business and what they can expect when they visit your website.

2/ THEY SITUATE DASHES IN BETWEEN THE WORDS IN THEIR DOMAIN FAME. You require to choose a reputation that is easy to type. If you are like me, you find typing in website addresses with dashes to be an annoyance.
    3/ THEY DO NOT CHOOSE THEIR OWN PERSONAL NAME. If you are interested in building a reputation for yourself on the internet, then it is a very acceptable belief to purchase your own personal nickname as soon as doable. You might not apply it immediately, however if you do become very successful, you might find that someone else has purchased your nickname so that they can capitalize on your success. I have indeed seen this happen with a very famous internet marketer. He was not able to get his personal honour without adding a tag to it.

4/ THEY CHOOSE DOMAINS THAT ARE CONFUSING. You require your domain honour to be easily understood. If you are reciting the website domicile to someone over the phone, you wish them to be able to inscribe it down without you having to go over it a number of times for them. For instance, if your site was 'help4you. com' that could be confusing. Some mankind might type in 'helpforyou. com'. It is best to stay away from using numbers that could also be words.

5/ THEY DON'T CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME WITH LASTING CAPACITY. You require to choose a domain that will serve you for the lenghty haul. There is no end in getting a 'fad' label that will lose it's meaning in the near ultimate. This title is going to represent you and your business so choose one that you are going to be comfortable with for many years to come.

And How to chose the best domain for you?
    1/ Unique - create persuaded that it is unique; there's no end in having a fame that is very homogenous to another one. This is why it is so valuable that you do your research so that you don't fall into this mistake.
    2/ Brand - it represents who you are to your entire market as well as demonstrating what you hope to achieve as a company, so you require to ensure that it reflects this.
    3/ Length - Both short and lingering have their benefits. The goal that I disclose this is due to the detail short names are easy to remember nevertheless a extensive reputation will enable you to incorporate SEO and explain your productsservices in a bigger manner. The length of your domain nickname comes down to what your website is about and what products or services you are selling.

So when you are choosing the perfect domain name for your website create certain you keep the above points in attitude in order to propel more traffic to your website and to aid constitute your online venture a success.
    Your domain label is like a snapshot of you. . . . build trustworthy it depicts you in a favourable luminosity. So keep watching for useful guides from LetHost for your best domain.

namln, Feb 14, 2009 IP
    nhc1987 likes this.
  2. sandeepdude

sandeepdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ....
    i will surely follow these on my next domain purchase....

sandeepdude, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  3. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    good info thanks.

falguni1, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  4. mainhoondon

mainhoondon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dude ;)

mainhoondon, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  5. getadviced

getadviced Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the informations.
    I will keep these in mind while i buy a new domain.

getadviced, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  6. namln

namln Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please visit my blog for more information, thank you everyone, lovely boys :)

namln, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  7. loveboyatul

loveboyatul Banned

Best Answers:
    this was very nice info.. i will keep them in mind :)

loveboyatul, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  8. flawz

flawz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great information :).

flawz, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  9. JoelJonathan

JoelJonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    JoelJonathan, Feb 16, 2009 IP