1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Writing Tips ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bushib, Feb 13, 2009.

Hi there,

I need SEO content writing tips.

Can any professional writers show me some sample SEO writings and tips.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  2. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    A great place for you to start is with the About guide for beginners to SEO: http://websearch.about.com/od/searc...te_Optimization_DIY_Web_Site_Optimization.htm

If you want to look at SEO articles they are literally all over the internet. These are articles that have been written with search engines in mind, incorporating certain keywords in order to rank higher in search engine results pages. Many people submit articles to places like EZine Articles (http://ezinearticles.com/) that are optimised for search engines as a way to get more visitors, so you could look there.

However, from studying optimised articles you might not really learn much about actually writing them. Start with the link I gave you above, and there are also hundreds of blogs out there on this topic, as well as an SEO section to Digital Point Forums that can answer certain questions. You might want to read a few different sources, as there are differing opinions regarding SEO, where some opt for black hat methods and others prefer to concentrate on making the content in itself good without stuffing it with loads of keywords.

mspennylane, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  3. bushib

bushib Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thank you so much for your nice tips and advices.

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  4. Lakshmi SEO

Lakshmi SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before developing the content do keyword analyzing,because keywords are very important.Use google keyword tool or any other tool available.Pick keywords according to your niche.With that keywords develope atricles for your site

Lakshmi SEO, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  5. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tip 1. Start by writing for your audience - without concerns about the SEO technical stuff.

By this we are talking about writing something of value that speaks directly to your audience. Highly useful content that engages the reader and will meet their need. Write something that you can feel proud of. Do not stress or worry about search engine optimization tactics while you are in the creative writing phase. Most of the time we do not create our best work, if we are all bogged down about SEO related issues...such as how many times a keyword is being used or what the exact keyword density is. Write your article for the readers first and try and keep it focused on one central topic.

Tip 2. When you are creating an article, understand that often that article is "born" as you write it.

Maybe you are a new writer just getting started. If you are struggling with an idea or feel like you have writers block, it's important to realize that one of the best ways to get started, is to simply begin actually writing and let your article "take shape" as you write it. Fashion your story as you assemble your thoughts onto paper. Writing is something that flows as you practice. Great articles are born as you write them.

Tip 3. Realize that some of your best article writing will be created if you work on it over a period of time.

I believe that often, our thoughts creatively continue as the old expression suggests...as we "sleep on it." This applies especially to creative writing or even just copywriting in general. Try working on two or three different projects at a time and over a period of a few days. Don't be in a big rush to finish something off quickly. But give yourself the liberty to be creative over a period of time.

Tip 4. Once your article is finished, it's time to test it out and see how it will flow to the reader.

One of the smartest tips I learned from Robin Nobles, is to read your finished content out loud. There are errors that will not be picked up by the spell checker. But as you read your work out loud, certain issues will surface and you can make changes to the "delivery of the article" or the "tone of the article" so that it flows much better.

Once your article is complete it's time for a little SEO (or a little mild optimization.)

alber859, Feb 13, 2009 IP
    dodolls likes this.
  6. mspennylane

Best Answers:
    I agree with alber859. Getting bogged down by the optimisation can really have a negative impact on the article itself. However, some clients won't care about the quality so long as it contains relevant keywords. It is up to you which kind of SEO writer you want to be, but those are some great tips above.

7. DrKNutrition

DrKNutrition Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually what I do is try to write a very well written article around a particular subject. Usually I will have an idea on the keyword that I am targeting and include it in my articles. I try to reference it in the title if I can and also in the first paragraph. Sometimes it just doesn't flow so I don't always do that.

My first goal with the title is to catch interest so if the keywords don't work then change it to something that does. Once I have written the article I will check the keyword density from a site like http://www.live-keyword-analysis.com/. If I am really low in my keyword percentage (I try to shoot for 1.5-3%) then I will work it in somewhere. I think ezinearticles only allows 1 keyword per 100 words but don't quote me on that.

You can also bold some of your keywords but don't over do it. Try not to target a bunch of keywords when writing the article otherwise it might just confuse the big G.

Hope that helps

DrKNutrition, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  8. mspennylane

Best Answers:
    You're right, ezine allows around 1 keyword every 100 words.

9. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    webgal, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  10. rogerrnicholas

rogerrnicholas Peon

Best Answers:
    Be bold. Use the <b> </b> tags around some of your keywords on each page. Do NOT use them everywhere the keyword appears. Once or twice is plenty.

Deep linking. Make sure you have links coming in to as many pages as possible. What does it tell a search engine when other web sites are linking to different pages on your site? That you obviously have lots of worthwhile content. What does it tell a search engine that all your links are coming in to the home page? That you have a shallow site of little value, or that your links were generated by automation rather than by the value of your site. Here is an example of deep linking, in this case to my personal happiness workbook.

Become a foreigner. Canada and the UK have many directories for websites of companies based in those countries. Can you get a business address in one of those countries?

Newsletters. Offer articles to ezine publishers that archive their ezines. The links stay live often for many years in their archives.

First come, first served. If you must have image links in your navigation bar, include also text links. However, make sure the text links show up first in the source code, because search engine robots will follow the first link they find to any particular page. They won't follow additional links to the same page. You can see this in action at the link to the home page on this web site monitoring page

Multiple domains. If you have several topics that could each support their own website, it might be worth having multiple domains. Why? First, search engines usually list only one page per domain for any given search, and you might warrant two. Second, directories usually accept only home pages, so you can get more directory listings this way. Why not a site dedicated to gumbo pudding pops?

rogerrnicholas, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  11. bushib

bushib Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks all for your nice suggestions.

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  12. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ezine Articles can be usefull too, but what about matt ? his blog als can help u too, isnt it?

RECEP, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  13. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am totally confused. How does the `bold' tag help? Also I know about the value of `incoming links', but `deep links'. Becoming a foreigner? :eek: Please excuse me while I get some fresh air.. my head is spinning.

parsibagan, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  14. seofirm09

seofirm09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your nice tips.

seofirm09, Feb 21, 2009 IP
  15. ezia

ezia Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you also want content that people will read over again, as bringing people to your site with seo is good, but having content that people actually want to read is another

ezia, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  16. morwanneg

morwanneg Peon

Best Answers:
    In writing SEO-oriented articles, you need to keep in mind the keywords and length of the article you are writing. Make sure that in the first paragraph, you already include the keyword. Spread the keyword evenly in the article body. Be careful of keyword stuffing and be mindful of keyword density.

morwanneg, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  17. homeworkin

homeworkin Guest

Best Answers:
    I use key words when I write, and the articles bring in great traffic. But, I don't force them in. Use them as naturally as possible, though I like a bit more saturation than Ezine Articles will allow, I have had over 60,000 views of about 40 articles, with good click through rates, so clearly their site works when you have quality articles.

homeworkin, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  18. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never Ezine only once....i wonder is it better to
    write unique articles on your blog or to submit them to third party website...

sumit1710, Mar 16, 2009 IP