1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Todo list for Co-Op

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by latehorn, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Make one linkexchange for Yahoo, one for MSN and one impression based. All those should be independent of each other.
    2. Reject spamsites. I don't want to link to such.
    3. Only 100% static links. Otherwise, it's obvious that's some kind of link exchange.
    4. Let the link flow in natural to avoid Link bombings after PR update etc. Let people chose the maximum links they want to add every day.
    5. Relevant links, for the users and the SERPS, to guarantee quality links.

latehorn, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  2. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize this is a FREE advertising tool, correct?

Phynder, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Uhm... it sounds like you would be better off using something that is geared more towards links. There are things out there that are better suited if you are looking to do link exchanges, and the ad network is not going to be going down that road.

Some things I would be be more interested in would be a contextual engine that can understand the context of a site/page ads are running on and deliver (more) relevant ads based on that.

digitalpoint, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  4. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct the script so that I won't see the same link with the same text twice in a 5 link set.

A little bit of relevancy. Don't show links about mortgages on sites like "Myspace games".

mariush, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  5. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Uuummm and by a miracle it was done - you are looking for http://www.link-vault.com

Big Richard, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  6. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you making fun of us? There's a difference between natural flow and never happening.

tomzx, Jun 30, 2006 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  7. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking Big Richard's entire reason for being here at DP is to cast a negative light on the Coop. I haven't seen him post anything else...BTW Richard Link Vault is experiencing the same loss of weight (vaultage) as the result of Google's recent changes/problems, not to mention the Link Vault Admin is now auctioning off vaultage which means someone is getting free backlinks and traffic WITHOUT bringing any new ad space to the network. Didn't someone (Matt Cutts) say that paid links will be penalised??? Selling weight/vaultage essentially means you are selling backlinks...IMO Link Vault will see serious consequences because of that. ;)

BlueDevilMedia, Jun 30, 2006 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  8. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. By the way, there are so many auction going on, this guy must be in need of funds and the only way they found how to make money was to make them pay for their "vaultage". Why don't they put donation? Because people wouldn't donate? HaHa

tomzx, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  9. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just think they are getting greedy. They offer paid accounts where as the Coop is free. LV admin could always use their extra vaultage to point links toward landing pages (ringtones ;)), I'm sure they would make more $$$ this way rather than auctioning it off. Oh well, I guess you got to take it for what it's worth. Like I say all the time, don't use it if you don't like it. :)

BlueDevilMedia, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  10. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    now, onto another note, I agree with what digitalpoint said. The coop isn't the same as what latehorn is asking. If you want this kind of service, you'll have to find it somewhere else. The script as been programmed this way, well it's because it was the purpose of it.

tomzx, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  11. The Blackest Hat

The Blackest Hat Peon

Best Answers:
    There is always people complaining but Coop is a free tool that helps your site.

The Blackest Hat, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  12. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! It's free, if you don't like it go elsewhere :)

MattUK, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  13. KenJay

KenJay Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn

You should ad to this link exchange a way to validate that the person advertising a domain owns the domain. Then you would not be able to use this exchange for hurting others.

thoughts?

Nice work so far. I like the contextual ad targeting idea.

KenJay, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  14. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    only show ads on website of same niche or category.

Mong, Aug 28, 2006 IP
  15. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    About a week ago i was getting looooooooot of spam PMs about buying Co-op weight and i had no idea what it was then. I reported them all and some of those guys were banned too. I think thats a great suggestion if i understood it right. If selling of coop is not allowed then can there be a tool to verify that the person showing ads actually owns the domain this how we can take that down to 0% so no one buys or sell it again if its against rules :confused:

jaree, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  16. Matteh

Matteh Peon

Best Answers:
    i hide my whois info:/

Matteh, Nov 12, 2006 IP