1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo contest Winner gets $75 and second place $25 via paypal wish to end it in 72hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 11, 2009.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    veb: thanks for the new try. Like I said it is improving and looking better

miakiru: I also thought your design was cool and I thought with a few alterations it would work. However, the entries just got stronger and have overtaken your design though I still really like that shade of red. Thanks for the entry.

tightwad: thanks for the entry. It is a nice and pleasant design and I don't think what I am about to say does it justice but I can't find the proper words so I will say it anyway: I think it's a touch cartoonish (though I'm not sure this is how I want to describe it). What I am sure of is that it would look better if it was done from the side rather than from the front. I think a thumbs up is always easier to recognise if it's showing from the side rather than the front. The shapes you used for the background of the icon also take away a little from the thumbs up icon and I wanted the attention to be mainly on the thumbs up icon and what it represents.

TheAge: sorry for the confusion but I think I liked your first one better even though you took into account my suggestions. I think now the hand looks a touch feminine and also in the first submission the thumbs up icon seems to be a bit more visible somehow and the focus seems to have been a little more on the thumbs up icon.

zyndtel: a very pleasant logo but I think the icon would look better if it was showing from the side. The way it is now is certainly nice and stylish but I think from the side it would be easier to recognize it is a thumbs up icon.

proteindude, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. CR70

CR70 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry. Feedback appreciated

:[​IMG]

CR70, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    CR70: thanks for the entry but not what I'm looking for. I believe someone already submitted the exact same thumbs up icon and I am looking for something more original/unique where the emphasis is on the icon. In your submission the icon is not the main element of the design but just simply a part of the logo

4. TheAge

TheAge Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's a few more logo options:

[​IMG]

Hope some are to your liking :)

- Adrian

TheAge, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TheAge: thanks for this. They are all to my liking and they all look good. I will only ask for some changes once I decide on the winners and yours are in the top two right now.

The way I look at it it is unfair to ask for changes until I decide on the finalists so I don'w waste the designers time. Because there is also the chance some of the heavy weights around here submit their entries and then the other designers did work for nothing.

When I say heavyweights I mean: DaveyBoy, Anidesign, Watari, Xpressions, NeilParnham, NightVision, Crowquill, VictoriaAnn etc So far only RNHalawi has entered. How much sucking up do I have to do to get any of the ones mentioned above to enter this contest?

I don't want to take away anything from any of the entrants but we all have our favorite designers. In any case, if anyone is considering entering this it is TheAge and Renders that are the top two.

6. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's with changes.
    [​IMG]

zyndtel, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    zyddtel: thanks for the new entry. The new thumbs up icon is definitely better than the previous one.

8. crowquill

crowquill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

crowquill, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so another one of the big guns has just entered my competition. Thanks for this crowquill. It looks good and stylish but I still have a couple of things I don't fully like. The hand seems to either have a touch too much detail or lines and because of that it looks a little old (like the thumbs up of an older dude). I hope I am making sense.

---

10. Anasone

Anasone Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my first attempt :
    [​IMG]

Anasone, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    anasone: thanks for the entry. You've certainly got talent but it's not going in the right direction. It's a touchy cartoony (your thumbs up only has three fingers and one thumb) and I need something more corporate for all ages. Don't get me wrong, yours is a very pleasant design except it's not suitable as I need something for all ages rather than something that's more suited for a younger audience.

12. renderwork

renderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

renderwork, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  13. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    heres my attempt:
    [​IMG]
    if u need any changes please ask.

kolgames, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    renderwork, thanks for the new one. I actually liked your first one better except that the first one also needed to have a bit of the wrist as well. I was actually going to ask for part of the wrist to be added to that design but I was going to ask for changes only when I decided on the finalists. The new one looks good but I don't think the thumbs up icon is as outstanding as the first one you did. Still, as of right now you're still in top two along with TheAge

Kolgames: thanks for this but not what I am after. The thumbs up icon is just not original enough and a bit common looking.

15. The Article Person

The Article Person Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There i some great designs here. I will give mine a try.:)

Version One:

[​IMG]

Version 2:

[​IMG]

The Article Person, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  16. The Article Person

The Article Person Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Version Three:

[​IMG]

Version Four:

[​IMG]

Version Five:

[​IMG]

If you think that mine have at least a chance of winning, please give me some advise on how to improve them.
    If not First place then Second Place.

The Article Person, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  17. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback, I was trying something new, my bad. How do you like this one?
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  18. TheAge

TheAge Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ^ You don't think that looks just a little similar to mine?

- Adrian

TheAge, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  19. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Unfortunately, they _all_ a look similar as is such the case when dealing with a thumbs up icon.
    However, there is a _clear_ difference in our designs. Our thumbs are completely different, our
    rounded squares, and text, are also different...

TightWad, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The Article Person: I hope I am not sending the wrong messages. I am always pointing to the top two designs (so far TheAge and Renders) as to not create a wrong impression. Your design seems to be improving but it's still not my top 2. The reason for that is because I think it's too cartoonish. To me this should be a simple one: design a nice stylish thumbs up icon, place it on a square or just draw a rectangle around it and that's about it. Obviously I am not a designer otherwise I would do it myself. I think you are getting better with every try but you are still not fulloy getting what I am after. if you could move away from the cartoony look you would definitely have a chance but right now I'm sorry to say it it's not in the top 2.

TightWad: definitely better and certainly an improvement. I like it though I am not fully sold on the thumbs up icon. Maybe if you could stylise it somehow by using less lines in the thumbs up or even by making the thumbs up a little larger so the thumbs up icon stands out a little more

TheAge: sorry mate but I am not a designer so I can't really comment on similarities. I still like your thumbs up icon better but I also like TightWad square more than I like yours. i think if I was forced to end the competition right now I would choose you as the winner for the thumbs up icon and then ask you to use a similar square as TightWad. I am also tempted to say that with the new submission TightWad is in second place but still not fully liking TightWad thumbs up though I really like the square effect/design.

Also thinking out loud: I wonder why of the big guns only RNHalawi and Crowquill entered this contest. I must have ticked off anidesign or DaveyBoy or Xpressions or NeilParnham since I see none of them are entering. Hmm...whatever did I do?

Also tgriff: what happened mate, actually what happened pal (since you're an American). Given up on me already?

---