1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about link building and PR

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by cpuhlp, Feb 12, 2009.

My blog was around a PR1 about 6 months ago. After the most recent PR update, I hit PR4. Now in between this time I submitted my main blog URL to about 1-2 thousand Directories. So I'm assuming most of my PR jump on my main page was from that alone.

So my question is, while I'm doing link building with deep links. (Meaning building links to my articles directly) will this raise or improve PR on my main page? I mean does this count towards a back link that's gonna raise PR on my main page or domain? Or will it only raise my PR on those special articles I was building links for?

I'm sitting here wondering if creating link back's to my new articles is only gonna build PR on those articles and not my site in general. Anyone know this answer? I'm hoping deep links count, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks.. +REP add to credible answers -REP for bullshiters :)

cpuhlp, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, your PR will increase as long as these pages are linking to the main page. By the way. Is it PR or search engine traffic that you are looking for?

Page rank is an indicator. It is like a thermometer that indicates the temperature. Only the temperature can change the value you see on thermometer. Thermometer can’t change the weather. Weather is the important bit, making thermometer quite useless. Backlinks determine your position in SERPs (Weather) and PR (Thermometer) arises as a result of your backlink development efforts.

mightyb, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    cpuhlp and sultanofseo like this.
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Creating backlinks for internal pages is definitely good for homepage PR. Think of it like this, if your internal pages are also ranking for lots of keywords and are considered a valuable reference, people are likely to link back to your homepage when they refer to your site (e.g. courtneytuttle's original dofollow blog list or vmoption's directory list).

Secondly, since each of your internal pages are linking back to homepage (assumption), homepage is getting a backlink from a page that google considers high quality (though they may be mistaken ;) )

jitendraag, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    cpuhlp likes this.
  4. goldweb

goldweb Guest

Best Answers:
    It'll definitely improving the PR on your home page. Google PR just counts all backlinks, it not only count external backlinks, but also internal links.

goldweb, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    cpuhlp likes this.
  5. cpuhlp

cpuhlp Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info guys. +REP given to everyone so far! :)

cpuhlp, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  6. zachatus

zachatus Member

Best Answers:

I could see that you made a link building effort fast using the directories. Based on my experience, you should get more PR in the next update however; fast link building (if this the case you did) should be consistent all throughout so that there will be no suspicious surges in your effort from the bots perspective. Sustain it.

Also, the quality of directories that you submitted your website should also be taken into consideration. Are they flagged or with good PRs?

Again, you need to sustain your link building effort. Overtime, your works will be rewarded.

My 2 cents worth.

zachatus, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  7. Ebayguy

Ebayguy Peon

Best Answers:
    if you get linkbacks from other highly ranked sources and pages then this will help your own cause

Ebayguy, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  8. andy999

andy999 Peon

Best Answers:
    from my experience, it will only increase the PR for the article and not the whole site.

andy999, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  9. ArticleWriting

ArticleWriting Peon

Best Answers:
    yes depplinking will def boost your blog's homepage PR - well the way it works is that each of your story pages have alink back to your main page - so when your story pages get high pr - a part of their pr feeds to your main page and the main page too gets a high pr

ArticleWriting, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  10. DrKNutrition

DrKNutrition Peon

Best Answers:
    Like everyone said yes it will. Be sure to have a good handle on all of your internal and external links. No point in having links pointing to stuff that you don't want to give link juice to. I try to make sure I rel="nofollow" as many links as possible that I don't want to give any juice to.

DrKNutrition, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  11. surfin4dough

surfin4dough Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Rank is really only for a particular page and not the entire site. Although a High PR website will have web pages within it that will benefit from its page rank, the search engines see each page separately, so you need to be building backlinks to those pages that you want to rank for in the SERPs, which is by far more important than a mere PR label anyway.

surfin4dough, Feb 19, 2009 IP