1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i make my blog better and get more traffic?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bigidea_guy, Feb 11, 2009.

my blog is big-idea-guy.com and i need to get more viewers and maybe make it more appealing to people. Is my writing bad, what should i do to make it better?

bigidea_guy, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  2. alain94040

alain94040 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny because your blog seems to be about giving advice on how to make money online, and then you ask how to promote your blog...

Personally, I believe in connecting with peers. Blogging can be very lonely. But you are passionate about a certain topic, right? There got to be other people who share the same passion. Have you talked to them (online or offline)?

If so, little by little, you can grow your own social network. You talk about them, they sometimes talk about you. It takes time, but it's the honest way to grow your blog.

alain94040, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think you would have better success blogging about something that you know about, rather than rehashing stuff as you are learning it, especially in that over saturated niche where people are looking for new, original and insightful information.

I'll be the first one to tell you, a blog following you along as you learn internet marketing is boring and has been done to death, just look at the graveyard of sites just like it where the author has given up after the first year because they didn't make a dime.

You will have a lot more success if you blog what you know.

As far as making it more appealing ? Use Word Press and either buy or find a great looking design. If you are going to talk as an authority , no one is going to take you seriously on a standard blogger template, unless of course your whole subject matter is "how to make money with blogger".

At this point you are starting from the beginning, but that is not the case for a big number of internet marketers and bloggers. If you are just learning, you cannot be helpful....and before you say, "Yeah, but there are many people just starting out just like me and maybe they would like to follow along"....Think about it.

Will noobs wait for you to post noob stuff once a day or a week, when they can just "Google" the information that has already been written by hundreds of bloggers over the last 5 years and get it instantly ? ...or join a forum like this one and get answers?

You have to have something to bring to the table to bring people back. A "noob" writing a "noob" blog is overdone and not very profitable. As a noob, you cannot sell products to more experienced webmasters and "noobs" will by from one that they see as a expert.

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  4. bigidea_guy

bigidea_guy Banned

Best Answers:
    well i think that the things i learn might give other people ideas that they haven't thought of, but i guess i need to start posting some of the stuff i know more about that i have already learned.

bigidea_guy, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but not from the ground floor, which is where you are. Write about something that you know about, so that you can offer your readers something, and a perspective that they cannot get elsewhere, unless of course you are just writing for fun, and not money, then in that case, you can write about your new baby taking a poop. It won't matter.

Just trying to offer some advice based on experience and a lot of wasted time.

You don't need to be a professional marketer or blogger to make it, but you do need to offer something unique.

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  6. ankursharma

ankursharma Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi...

I have started with my blog page as well..
    But I am facing the same problem...
    Traffic Generation...

What are the various ways that I can use to generate more traffic on the blog page...

http://www.funspanishlearning.com/

Best Regards,
    Joe

ankursharma, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  7. salim

salim Peon

Best Answers:
    :mad::mad

BEWARE HIS LINK IS INFECTED WITH VIRUS, TROJAN OR...MY AVAST KEPT ME AWAY, REMOVE THE LINK, THIS IS NO JOKE
    :mad::mad

salim, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  8. bigidea_guy

bigidea_guy Banned

Best Answers:
    That might be the problem to your traffic right there :)

bigidea_guy, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  9. Krsto

Krsto Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be patient, and keep writting good content...

Krsto, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  10. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Howdy soldier!

Honestly speaking after a year of hardcore blogging I must admit that the only way to do good in blogging is being customer focused :) End of story!

godsofchaos, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  11. bigidea_guy

bigidea_guy Banned

Best Answers:
    ok, i started writing more about what i actually know about for my site, what do you guys think?

thanks for the tips and feedback though

bigidea_guy, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  12. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Got the exact same thing. NO JOKE !:eek:

hmansfield, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  13. danjoe

danjoe Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO just try adding content. Content is the king believe me. I would suggest use Caffeinated Content plugin and your blog can be transformed in minutes. Checkout http://www.fastblogcontent.com for more details.

-Dan

danjoe, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  14. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    well said hmansfield, many people hear a buzz word and want to cash in on that buzz word, others hear that google loves blogs and think by creating a blog they will receive tons of traffic...

the truth is that to get the traffic, from a blog, firstly takes time, secondly you must understand about copywriting, third you need to know about seo, next you need to know what a ping list is and why you should not accept the default wp ping list

take your time to learn, i had a student who was writing about social networking, but the main focus was on software tools which would only be targeting noobs, but there was no seo optimisation so the person did not rank..

dickieknee, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  15. bigidea_guy

bigidea_guy Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks, great feedback

bigidea_guy, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  16. fwallets

fwallets Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need to write about something unique, something that only you can create. Find your niche!

fwallets, Feb 25, 2009 IP