1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is Full Of Crap, and They Know it !

Discussion in 'Google' started by hmansfield, Jan 15, 2009.

1. esem

esem Member

Best Answers:
    Still the best search engine in my eyes.

esem, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The web would still be there without ads, it wouldn't be the same, sure, but it would exist in a different form, while most other media would perish. Personal sites, blogs, hobbyists, academia, forums, geek projects and games, etc would still provide a lot of worthwhile content, like the BBS before. The internet IS different. Wikipedia only require donations to work. All that being said, I'm not a purist. But there is a middle ground between utopian academics and crass marketers who wants to turn it into a giant infomercial and think the world wouldn't turn without them. Actually, the world would be fine without marketing and just word of mouth.

koan, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting discussion. I wish I had started it in the marketing section.

You are probably right, there would still be a web. Would there be as many people online, or that own computers if the marketing companies hadn't made the web entertaining as well as informative ? No.
    The marketing"bastardization" of the web has stimulated economies that would not have even existed without it. Nothing online would be worth any money if it weren't for the power to put ads in front of eyes, not to mention the effect it has had on the Phone, PDA, computer and computer accessories.

The Commercialization of the web has provided opportunity for millions of people that would otherwise not have had it.

hmansfield, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  4. riezioVL

riezioVL Guest

Best Answers:
    that is how google run their business

riezioVL, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  5. andrewblachut@bigpond.com

andrewblachut@bigpond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well written and well reasoned posts and thread. I agree whole heartedly with hmansfield but the alternatives are thin on the ground. I think Google isn't totally oblivious to the fact that if they lose relevency they eventually lose everythink but it seems a case of , how far can they push the commercial realities?

6. andrewblachut@bigpond.com

andrewblachut@bigpond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you hmansfield but so long as you are beating your direct competitors, thats's the best you can hope for...the videos will come and go. I also agree that Wikipedia should be no follow although there is debate as to whether no follow really give no rankings points anyway.

7. pixel.support

pixel.support Peon

Best Answers:
    flubber
    hmm
    i think there is a movie also named flubber
    and it is very popular...:p:p:p
    ny ways dnt blame google for that...
    try to find the reason

pixel.support, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  8. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh without a doubt monetary profit has been a great propeller for new technologies and new ideas. I can't imagine, for example, how youtube would pay for its bandwidth without revenues. But still, we also have many free, open source P2P softwares that can help people exchange videos. So like I said, it would be different. I, myself, make money with the web, and I'm very happy for this opportunity. I just have a difficult time with business people who think the web would be *nothing* without them.

koan, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  9. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    its not impossible, it can be done legitimately, but it takes time and patience. we got past a youtube video with the kws in the video title in about 5 months from new.

then if you're willing to go to "blue hat" tactics, here's some more food for thought.

Blue Hat how to overthrow a wiki result

SEOibiza, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    magda likes this.
  10. porsche944

porsche944 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe we all have that 'love-hate- relationship with google.. love to hate them, hate to love em ;)

porsche944, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  11. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I know I'll get them (You Tube, and Wiki) sooner or later. I know the web is a marathon, not a sprint. You just gotta vent sometime.

hmansfield, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  12. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Google is promoting its own business at the expense of others.....then it surely is going the Microsoft way.....

I hope big G realizes that people have very bad reputation of Microsoft and it surely would do itself more harm in traversing the same path.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  13. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google is promoting Youtube or Wikipedia, it's probably the natural power of those sites causing higher rankings. But i think they should do something about it, it's really annoying to see up to 4 Youtube videos dominating the first positions. Everyone knows what Youtube is, so they don't need much search engine traffic like us.

maxerg, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  14. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, Well, Well...What do you know. I checked the Search Results today and I do finally beat Wiki and You Tube. (and yes I turned off that personalized search crap).
    My faith has been restored, momentarily.

Makes me want to really work the SEO on my others sites extra hard today :)

hmansfield, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  15. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    there ya go. seo is all about patience determination and the long term view

SEOibiza, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  16. reiselaender1

reiselaender1 Peon

Best Answers:
    it seems like the search results of google and other popular search engines are manipulated by SEO/SEM strategies. But we have to give it to them, serious efforts are put to achieve good result standing.

reiselaender1, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  17. becoolufull

becoolufull Banned

Best Answers:
    yes it is i know google sucks

becoolufull, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  18. Rogem

Rogem Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is good, but it depends on how good the webmaster (If there optimising there website incorrectly) is and the user is (The user may not be able to search correctly).

Either way, give it time. If you work with your website and help it grow you should see your rank rise.

Rogem, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  19. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you upload one of your video in Youtube and link it back to your site .

jhn2001, Feb 12, 2009 IP