1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revealed: The $100k Blogging Formula

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by zupreme, Feb 11, 2009.

I've crossed the $100k mark, after only a year and a half of serious online work, and the DP community has helped me to do it. Now I want to give back by providing all of you with the method. I believe that this won't hurt my business, as there are more than enough niches out there for all of us.

1 - Create an obscure subdomain of a site you already own (no need to spend money). Make the name very hard to guess (like "gghhsstrte33vcvcst16.yourdomain.com"

2 - Create a robots.txt to prevent the secret domain from being indexed by any search engines.

3- Get a PLR article pack, with at least 1000 articles spread across 10 or more niches.

4- Get a PLR Spinner app (Google it, they all do the same thing really) and spin them all.

5- Install Wordpress on your secret site (mentioned in step 1)

6- Create categories for all of your niches

7- Add the spun articles to each category

8- create 10 subdomains (one for each niche) and name them for that niche. (i.e. Book-lovers.yourdomain.com, Car-enthusiast-blog.yourdomain.com)

9- Install Wordpress on all of these and customize them as you see fit.

10- Install the FeedWordPress plugin to each, and set it to grab only 1 article at a time, once per day, and to link the posts to the local site (not the source site)

11- Install the WP-Autotagger plugin to each

12- Install any signature plugin (to add a backlink to your blog within each post) and set it to add the signature by default

13- Add your niche blogs to all major search engines

14- Pay a small fee to add your niche blogs to at leas 1 PR4 directory each

15- Find a copy of RSSAnnouncer to add your niche blog RSS feeds to the major RSS directories

16- Monetize your niche blogs (Adsense, Kontera, etc)

17- install a keyword context link plugin (to link certain keywords automatically to affiliate sites of your choice)

18- Get headshots of attractive people from any royalty-free source

19- Setup a twitter account for each blog and add one of the headshots obtained in step 18 to each

20- Install the twitter plugin to each blog and set it to update the twitter account associated to the niche blog

21- Sit back and watch the money flow in.

22- Every couple of months add more PLR articles to the appropriate categories of your hidden blog.

23- Every month log into each twitter account and follow at least 100 new people (there will probably be an application available within the next year to do this automatically)

I hope this helps all of you make lots of money with blogs. As I said, there are enough niches out there that I feel perfectly comfortable sharing this info.

I also feel that, while some of you will be able to take this post and run with it, some may need more info, so I am writing an ebook on the subject to hep those who need more help. Feel free to PM me to get on the notification list for when that Ebook goes on sale.

Good luck in your efforts ladies and gentlemen, and thanks to the DP community for helping me make my first $100k online!

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
    mastaz314, worldman, gnp and 5 others like this.
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I am sure a lot people will appreciate this, as well as myself. It is rare that people share techniques without asking for money for some kind of program or software, nor do they understand that sharing methods, is not creating competition in your niche, unless you give it up.

Can you explain why you de-index the new domain so it is not picked up by search engines ? What does that do for your efforts?

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind words.

To answer your question, you block indexing of the source blog so that you

1- Don't get penalized for duplicate content.
    2- Don't send quality organic traffic to a blog not optimized for that audience (look, feel, ads, etc)
    3- Don't lose revenue by having viewers go to your un-monetized blog.

Good luck!

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  4. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Banned

Best Answers:
    Why need to create secret subdomain?
    You said that we need to add PLR articles to categories - are these subdomains or sub-directories?

Boris_yo, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So are you talking about making money from adsense?
    I'm sort of doing this same thing, but with affiliate post

Brandon Sheley, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  6. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    The secret subdomain is your source blog, from where the child-blogs will pull all of their content.

the key to this whole method is to not let anyone but you and your child blogs' RSS import script see the source blog.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  7. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not just Adsense. Adsense alone is not going to be your best moneymaker. Context ads will be the big moneymaker, along with your affiliate programs (like CB, etc.).

Which monetization sources you use will depend on the niche, of course.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  8. Luxuria

Luxuria Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some pretty good ideas to chew on in this thread.

+rep given and thanks for sharing!

Luxuria, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  9. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Banned

Best Answers:
    How do you get traffic? Is Twitter main source of traffic? How much subdomains/niches are needed to replicate this model?

10. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Initially Twitter will be the core traffic source. After a month or so, you should begin to rise in the Search rankings, depending on how well you've done your SEO and how many PR4+ directories you are in.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
    fredg61 likes this.
  11. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting ideas. I'd used RSS feeds to achieve something similar. Rep left.

ThreeGuineaWatch, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  12. kathyc

kathyc Peon

Best Answers:
    Great information on this thread. Appreciate it.

Seems like you are an expert in this. Quick question though...are you willing to set it up for me? Newbie here. I am willing to work a deal with you for this.

Kathy

kathyc, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  13. mrJorge

mrJorge Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks thats very interesting indeed! :) Good read for sure.

mrJorge, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  14. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I have tried RSS feeds, but I haven't found a way to spin that content to make it unique. If there is a plugin to do so, please share.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  15. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm honestly too busy to take on any new projects right now (I'm an IT Consulting manager by day), but if you have questions, I'd be glad to answer them as time permits.

Once you set up your first few blogs, it will become second nature. If you just set up two each week, you'll have over 100 in a year.

Get in the habit of downloading Wordpress templates that fit your niches though. Most people won't read a blog with a generic "Kubric" style theme.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  16. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh one more thing. that I forgot to make clear. The reason that you must have a Signature appended to each post is because once you advertise your site to the RSS directories, your blogs will be scraped for content. By tagging each with a signature, you guarantee that all of those scraped articles help you, instead of hurting you.

How can the scraped articles hurt you, you may ask? Simple: If the site that scrapes you is more authoritative in the eyes of Google (like Technorati) then Google will assume that your site is the one copying their content, and not the other way around.

Just a word to the wise.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  17. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Banned

Best Answers:
    Since you spin articles, they come out as gibberish. How people will look on such content? With spinners that are today you cannot read a sentence.

18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    "Ahh, I see", said the blind man. :)

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  19. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then you have used the wrong spinners, or you have used them in the wrong way. Believe me, a spinner used properly is an amazing tool.

There are some very good tutorials out there on article spinning by the way. A search will turn them up.

I didn't teach myself how to spin either. I scoured Google for tutorials on the subject, and it has worked for me thus far.

zupreme, Feb 11, 2009 IP
    Larry S:) likes this.
  20. B1gft

B1gft Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is something I have to study,and trust me I will need to study it, but thanks for the information. Send me a PM when the e book is ready.
    If I made 10K I would be happy.
    Thinking about it If I make 100$ I will get you a pint of gusiness,
    I will send it by post, LOL

B1gft, Feb 13, 2009 IP