1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Internet Marketing Adventure Starts Today! Aim $500 Per Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by michael_nguyen, Feb 8, 2009.

I've been reading up on internet marketing for years now, been buying alot of "make money online" products but should have taken action before. With everything I know about IM I feel that if I don't earn a living out of IM then I'd consider myself a failure. It's become such a passion now that internet marketing is my life. I need to accomplish this or I'm useless. Not a day goes by where I'm not thinking about IM one bit. Call it an obsession or addiction if you want.

When I first purchased my ebay ebook business package (around June 2006) the creater kept saying "build that list" another guy use to say "I'd rather have him subscribe than buy a $2 ebook and be gone forever" as a newbie to IM I was thinking, "Now why would I want his email when I can take his money now" I didn't get it but I do now. All I want now is to build that list as big as I can aswell as developing a solid relationship.

So why did I creat this thread? For a challenge I guess, I want everyone to see what I'm doing so you can follow my journey.

MAIN AIM IS TO BUILD A RESPONSIVE EMAIL LIST

I'm aiming at this moment in time to make $500 per month obviously this will increase. This will probably come through affiliate marketing.

For the past 2-3 days I've written 5 articles all waiting for approval at Ezineartices, when they do then I'll submit it to other Article directorys
    I've made it my daily task to write minimum 2 articles about 300 words each ( I always aim for min 250 but somehow it runs to 300 words)
    Submit main squeeze page to directorys
    Post in the forums daily (signuture traffic)
    Today I'm using traffic exchanges testing it out, using squeeze page.
    Posting classified ads

So here are my daily task
    1. Write 2 articles a day
    2. Submit squeeze page to directories
    3. Posting classified ads (still trying to work out which ones will accept the listing as some are pending )
    4. Started some traffic exchange programs using a squeeze page so let see where that goes. Gonna spend 1hr a day with 6 TE.
    5. Posting in the main IM forums useful comments etc.

I know there are hundreds of "watch me make a billion dollar" threads but I feel like this is a mission I have to complete and having this thread where everyone is watching will only give me more fuel (Would be funny if no views )

Ok so the date is

Date: 09/02/2009
    Email list: 5
    Total Articles written: 5
    Money made: $0

If there is anything new then I will post up. I'm aiming to do an update every otherday.

Ok so here I go. Wish me luck.

michael_nguyen, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  2. hardkoramerikan

hardkoramerikan Member

Best Answers:
    Emailing people is no longer the primary way of marketing. It either gets trapped in the spam filter or thrown in the trash. If you do email marketing try to keep it less spammy.

Build a lens on squidoo. Make sure it is terse and it grabs the readers attention. Also make sure that the product you promote is desirable. Its always best to promote a product people want.

When your lens is complete. Submit articles to article directories with a link to your lens. start an ad words campaign. Get more backlinks. Post a youtube video about your lens.

keep trying my friend
    You must fail to succeed
    I think everyone fails when they start out in the IM world

hardkoramerikan, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  3. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    yea mastering your list can be very useful if it is done properly I would suggest joing a big time players list and see how they do things. Then use them as an example

ErikJ, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  4. michael_nguyen

michael_nguyen Active Member

Best Answers:
    So here are my daily task

1. Write 2 articles a day Actually wrote 3 today

2. Submit squeeze page to directories 6 today

3. Posting classified ads 10 posts to different sites

4. Started some traffic exchange programs using a squeeze page so let see where that goes. Gonna spend 1hr a day with 6 TE. 2x30 mins sessions

5. Posting in the main IM forums useful comments etc. Which Im going to do now

Date: 10/02/2009
    Email list: 11
    Total Articles written: 8

I forgot to add that I had about £35 in my adwords account so I am sending visitors to my squeeze page. Right now am not sure where my subs are coming from. Most likely adwords

Hard work but I think I'll start seeing proper results when the articles are all approved. Probably gonna look for some high PR article directors to submit to aswell.

I think I'm in a routine now even though its only day 2. It's gonna be a tough ride ! Posting in this thread and saying I will do things motivates, everyone watchings adds the pressure! Good pressure though.

michael_nguyen, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  5. cmonarrez

cmonarrez Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to do email before and it was quite profitable

cmonarrez, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  6. kochanck27

kochanck27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man,

Just letting you know I am following your adventure in this forum. I am kind of on the same page and doing the same things, and your post is keeping me going. (Just like the good pressure keeps you going.) I just started. The site link is bellow, but it still needs a better layout, which I am just trying to fill my site with content before I make it look pretty.

I look forward to reading the rest of your posts in the future!

-Chris

kochanck27, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  7. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice dude, what are you using for your list? Aweber, getresponse?

Don't listen to whoever said email is not done. Of course listbuilding is great. I have never mastered it but I've made money out of it.

Forget directories, nobody ever visits them anymore, they are useless. Stick with listbuilding.

One guy who makes a living out of it is Sean Mize. Check out his stuff here:

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Sean_R_Mize
    http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Sean_Mize

rolf, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  8. kochanck27

Best Answers:
    Hey, I was just wondering. How long do you think it will take until you reach your goal of $500 per month??

kochanck27, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  9. michael_nguyen

Best Answers:
    Today am abit behind, feel bad but due to circumstances. I shall be writing 4 articles tommorow to be on top.
    I think im going to dump the traffic exchange as im getting so many un targeted hits. 647 hits this week and only 20 subscribers. 67 hits came from adwords so im pretty sure they are adwords subscribers. I would say this is a reasonable judgement ( let me know if you feel i haven't given it a chance ).
    Submitting to directories for link building is time consuming, can't imagine my squeeze page appearing on first page of google even at 10 spot. Probably dump that aswell. Classified ads haven't shown any hits yet. Im gonna give this one a week. Been posting to freebie section and business section. Signed up to free forum advertising 5 of them. will be bumping them up each day i hope.
    article marketing is staying even though none of them have been approved yet.
    Video marketing to youtube will probably be my new addition as the traffic is already there.

@Rolf yes ...i know that the money is in list and i dont think anyone can make me believe otherwise. This is something i must achieve. Cant wait for that 100k sub (with solid relationships). I've been on sean mize list good stuff. He has 1000's of articles. all outsourced i guess.

@kochank27 No idea but id like to see this amount in about 4-5months list that time should be a few hundred. You know what. We both keep this thread to update or you can make your own. Don't fall behind now.

Expect an update tomorrow!

Michael Nguyen

michael_nguyen, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  10. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    I've subscribed to this thread.
    Yea i recently joined sean mize's list. His articles were compelling.
    I'd never really considered list building before . But after joining a few lists and reading somewhere about the sales funnel(perhaps it was on yaro starak's site?) I realised that's how I'm gonna need to structure my whole marketing plan/products.
    I've got to make at least $2000aud by mid march and so i'm focussing on my skills to try and get me that money.I'll have to wait a while before i start my list building efforts.
    So its motivating to watch you :)
    It's inspiring that your achieving more in your day that previously thought.

Do you do tasks in chunks? like write articles in one go,then have a break,then next task etc?
    I really only have 3 solid hours during the day of uninturruption and another 2 late at night. It's hard for me becuase i'm unemployed and my family just think i'm mucking around on the computer :(

keep it up! :)

Arcanus, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  11. michael_nguyen

Best Answers:
    Hi guys

The way it works for me is mindset. For the past few years I thought
    "If i don't get results this second then forget it"

Im really treating it like a business, things that I HAVE to do now. Im making it my part of my daily schedule which also include my final year thesis. At the moment Im only aiming for 2 a day but thats only 250 words approx each. Ezinearticles guidelines is min 250. Surfers don't like reading too much so its a good amount to write in one go. 5 hours a day is alot, you just have to remove distractions.

eg when i was using traffic exchanges (which I've decided to dump)
    I did it in 30min chunks and my gosh it went by quick.

Im actually surprised I got 8 articles lined up pending on EZ. Before I only did 1 and left it lol. The fact that I did 8 articles now means that I can't put it to waste. My journey has started and nothing is getting in my way now. Saying that I gonna need to bring my blog back up to surface, is a business after all.

My suggestion is if your just starting out and or still twiddling your thumbs, find a niche quick and pump out 8 articles or so that if you decide to quit you'll know that you wasted all that time for nothing.

Businesses are built with foundations. It might be funny to hear me say that with zero results at the moment but back in 2006 I wrote a 30 page ebook and it took about 1 week solid ( was sleeping late, getting up early ) cause I knew I had to invest time and effort. I ended up selling it $35 a pop on ebay. Take action, its that simple if you have the blue prints.

12. Arcanus

Arcanus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Micheal,
    makes sense and thanks for suggestions.
    We had a heatwave recently so i knuckled down for the whole time learning wordpress theme development.
    I guess i'm frustrated that i wasted time on sidebar,and the theme still isnt finished.Every waking hour was coding coding coding! apart from eating etc. I guess it was a case of "if i try and add this feature that will give me more money" and it has overcomplicated it. combine that with the stress of having a deadline of march 5th to earn $x,xxx amount isn't fun. I guess one step at a time.

Arcanus, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  13. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use traffic exchanges because the visitors aren't really interested on your topic or product. They are interested to promote there own site.

Chancey, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just "Make $2300 RISK FREE From The Bookies..."

:rolleyes:

dlm, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  15. wizkid0319

wizkid0319 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude let me also know if this works.... any ways im keeping my first steps towards u.... i'm a follower... lolz

wizkid0319, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  16. maxerg

maxerg Peon

Best Answers:
    Lolz. Cos that $2300 is made in 230 years, risk free. I guess he doesn't have that much time and wants to take some risks :D

maxerg, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  17. michael_nguyen

Best Answers:
    @dlm I have and now i want to share the idea. If you actually read that ebook then you'll understand why its risk free and you can only make this amount once! And there you lot are trying to catch me out lol. Good point though, I am a honest person. Anyways moving on.

Just woke up here 6.20am need to be on top of this. Will be finish off the 4 articles.

18. kochanck27

Best Answers:
    Hows it going? Any Progress? Get your 4 articles done?:confused:

My goal today was to create the final template for the site. I have been working on it for a while, and actually created 4 different ones so far that I like, but I am going to make a couple more and compare them all before I go to bed, and hopefully get up the new one by tonight!!

I also want to get 5 more main articles on the site done tonight, too.

I'll check back..

-Chris

kochanck27, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  19. MarketLeverage

MarketLeverage Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your new goal! Have you considered starting a blog to track your progress?

I know many people who jumped right into affiliate/online marketing without knowing anything about it. I also know people who do it for the wrong reasons- they think it's a quick buck or easy money. Looks like you've got a combination of the right reasons, and a solid plan of action. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

Dina

MarketLeverage, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  20. michael_nguyen

Best Answers:
    Change of plans today. Yesterday I was abit behind (2 articles behind) so I had to make up for it and write 4 articles. I actually managed to write 5. I had a thought today, of all the articles I’ve written I’d obviously be relying on ezinearticles readers. I’m trying to think outside the box that will potentially drive me more traffic. I’m going to create videos based on the articles I’ve written. Think about it, if you know what to write then you surely must know what to say. The aim is to have a watermark on it, clickable site in the description, to try and capture leads.

Date: 12/02/2009
    Email list: 34
    Articles Written Today: 5 and half
    Total Articles written: 13

Saying that I have 34 subs (most due to adwords) I really want to see what my opt ins are when all 13 articles are approved.

I’m happy the list is building because it’s growing (most due to adwords) I really want to see what my opt ins are when all 13 articles are approved. I’ve yet to send an email. Haven’t even sent a follow up which I need to sort out. Classified ads seem like a miss for some reason, I’m not having any success. Not even 1 single hit. Regarding Traffic Exchange, that is gone, time wasting to work for untargeted traffic!

Yep I created a blog at http://michael-nguyen.com if this thread is allowed to say then it's going to be a double post.

I'm gonna do some follow ups now.

michael_nguyen, Feb 11, 2009 IP