1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will India Be A Super Power

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by shailendra, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello friends,

Nowadays we all hear that India is on the path of becoming a super-power. But sometimes i doubt it. Reasons for such thought of mine are:
    1) No Unity
    2) Corruption
    3) Poverty
    4) Lack of political will
    5) Lack of patriotism

Please share your views

shailendra, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    India is extremely diverse as a nation, that has its strengths but also weaknesses. Culturally it is great with such diversity but not on the path of a super power. Also India GDP is still about 1/12 USA and 1/4 China with 1.1 billion people. The gap between rich and poor are significant, though a growing Middle Class helps in injecting stability to the society.

I would say that it still has a long way before it can reach the status of a super power. A regional power definitely, but a super power is still out of reach.

wisdomtool, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  3. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) No Unity (is a result of)...
    2) Corruption (which is a result of)...
    3) Poverty
    4) Lack of political will (arises due to)....
    5) Lack of patriotism
    So, the bottomline is - BE united in diversity, and India will be on its path to becoming a SP in the coming 25 years. WE have been divided once, the results of which are echoing in Mumbai, Karachi and Kashmir- DO NOT TREAD ON THE SAME PATH.

jeewant_gupta_051275, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  4. mrwordsworth

mrwordsworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    compare india of today with india 20 years ago and you will see we have traveled ages in these 20 years

mrwordsworth, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  5. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    3 reasons why India will not be a super power
    1. If you tryed to declare war you would be put on hold for 20 minutes, asked if your having a nice day, and the call center worker would loose the paperwork anyway
    2. Could you imagine and amphibious assault! Boy have you tried cycling through wet sand as you get off the amphibious assault craft?
    3. I have actually found some footage taken thais week of the Indian Army in training
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIxz1eKurQ

Valley, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  6. chunnumunnu

chunnumunnu Active Member

Best Answers:
    totally agree. india is completely changed in last 20 years. and hope in next 20 years we will completely change the country but its all depend on us and our politicians . we selected the politicians so if we select wrong person to handle the country affairs then its our fault.

but still on progress, i don;t think that india will become super soon but India will become the super market in the entire world. India is still a very profitable country FOR consumer products :p

chunnumunnu, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  7. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) No Unity
    And the U.S. has Unity?
    2) Corruption
    There's no Corruption in the U.S.?
    3) Poverty
    No Poverty in the U.S.?
    4) Lack of political will
    Hi, welcome to the House and Senate of the United States!
    5) Lack of patriotism
    Hi, welcome to the Senate and House, and Democratic/Republican parties. Jingoism is not Patriotism.

Under the above standards, the U.S. should not be a superpower. However, we are, because we have a military that possesses nuclear arms, advanced technology, and a whole lot of useless funding that goes to dead or crappy programs that will never see the light of day.

Jackuul, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    tanujdude91 likes this.
  8. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Totally agree... wise words as your name suggests.;)

Sir... please...

what are you trying to say???
    convey??
    The essence??
    The substance ???

yeah.. tell me!

Please.. don't hesitate..

And yeah....

tell me in English please! :(

I don't understand Hebrew:rolleyes: !

mdvasanth86, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  9. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think wisdomtool said it best, Great Post!

Brandon Sheley, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  10. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you exactly mean by a super power?

if it is like in the US example, building a military power to be able to interfere in every big and small in the world to make it bring benefit to them, then I do not think so, because Indian people as a previously oppressed nation (really oppressed not hoax) do not have the sickness required to feel superior on other nations because they have made a nuclear bomb for example.

if it means building a strong economy that can have positive effects on the Indian people and later on other nations, by having an advanced technology and advanced products, then I think it is very possible.

imad, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  11. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As much as I've seen on this forum, 5# is very much non-existent. According to BRIC 2050 estimates, India will be the 3rd largest economy after China and shortly after the U.S. It'd not be illogical to say that India is on a path to become a super-power. However, I believe the main issue they have is that they couldn't yet get rid of the imperial political influence of the west completely. Once they make peace with Pakistan, which is very related, and this avoid massive external influence, they will truely progress to achieve what the extreme-patriots think they already did.

LeoSeo, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  12. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Dollar gets any weaker they can buy the USA anyway...

Valley, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  13. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    smatts9, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  14. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't think so but then again democracy was built on slavery and India essentially uses slave labour at the wages many get so it could be

Wit?

1 British pound = 71.0836335 Indian rupees
    I checked a while ago and £1 was about 80 rupees so although it's getting better I wouldn't say it's doing well

Scoty, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  15. jellybeanz

jellybeanz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think India has the potential to become a superpower, but it will take a while.

jellybeanz, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  16. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the guy I quoted was talking about buying up U.S. assets I quoted the INR/USD cross and not the Pound/INR cross. The Indian Rupee has been losing value against the dollar for over a year now.

smatts9, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  17. Bruce_Davenport

Bruce_Davenport Guest

Best Answers:
    i would jus say..Rome was not built in a day...India has grown drastically in all fields through the yrs especillay the Indian Economic policies...n d grwth is still. ter r sum weak points still...but everythin takes sum time...in due course of time India is definitelyy gonna b one of the most powerful countries in the World...

Bruce_Davenport, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  18. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    If India keeps on track with getting rid of the corruption and building their middle class, as well as raising wages, they have a very real chance of becoming a super power, or very close to one, in 25-50 years.

As another poster said, look at India 20 years ago, and compare them today. Indians have come a LONG way in quite a short time.

hostlonestar, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  19. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    you may hate it but US is much more united as compared to India. They are much less corrupt than India. As far as political will and patriotism is concerned they are much better in these as compared to India.Poverty is not a issue for them if India is compared.

shailendra, Feb 10, 2009 IP
  20. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That depends on India. May be if they do away with the class system, and stop labeling people "Untouchables", and they need to make friends with Pakistan.
    As long as they have nukes and harbor such hatred for another country, the world will want to hold them at bay.

Unfortunately, when the phone call comes in to let them know, they will probably waste precious time repeating the product key over and over again, until the caller hangs up.

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.