1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's Wrong with My Site? +REP for all reply

Discussion in 'Websites' started by committed2u, Feb 5, 2009.

1. gammo

gammo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The layout of your site is simple and easy to navigate. That is a plus. However, here are 3 few reasons why I think your bounce rate is so high:

1. The sidebar on the right should be on the left. Remember that we read from left to right so the first thing to catch the eye will be on the left of the page. Heatmaps by Google for instance show that the greatest level of reading activity is in the left/upper to mid left region of a web page, then tending toward the center.

2. The "Latest Weight Loss Articles" and "Most Popular Articles" should be closer to the top, also in the left sidebar, with said headings. This all comes back to the whole thing of heatmaps and how humans read.

3. The fact that you have 5 stars for both products may look fishy to some readers and turn them away almost immediately. Persons would be a bit more keen to read the info if one of them had 3 or 4 stars and the other 5 as they would now have to read your info to compare and see why one has a higher rating than the other.

gammo, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  2. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not have the time to read other opinions on that thread so if i repeat someone else's review, please accept my apologize.

That's even better :)

The first sentence that you put, in bold and bigger font is "This is the best diet pills on the market!". You write it in order to explain later that this is NOT WHAT YOUR SITE OFFER. The problem is that it is a bit too late for your readers - they are not there anymore to read the rest of the text.

You're right, I've got the same opinion from other person at other forum.

Then, when people shop for pills they are looking for reliable information, not "salesman texts". You site seems to provide the salesman text. Try to re-write it, this time with more facts and less promises.

I see.. will work on it

As for the "stars" ranking, i am sure there can be a category or two that are not 5 stars

Hmmm.. Make sense :)

Thanks for review! I really appreciate it :)

committed2u, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  3. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    1. most blogs have right navigation, that's why I use right nav. but you have a very good point here with the heat map.

2. will think about repositioning "Latest Weight Loss Articles" and "Most Popular Articles". but actually those pages are for SE consumption only, I prefer the visitors visit my main products review pages :D

3. yes.. the 5 stars idea looks "artificial" :eek:

thanks for the review pal!

4. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Feedback would be much appreciated

NP: Dido - Grafton Street

Redhat77, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  5. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looks nice but you need to move the Navgational bar to the left of the page and change the color a lil..

B.T.W I don't believe in those weight loss pills ;)

-Chris

ChrisMiller, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  6. l3east

l3east Banned

Best Answers:
    It looks good also green is my favorite color so yea its a good site with good design

l3east, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  7. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    Redhat77 likes this.
  8. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks Chris..

What about my color? too bright? to pastel? not enough contrast?
    Read my reviews, and you may convert to a believer ;)
    But the most effective pills may have nasty side effects. However, this is the year 2009, medical technology has been improved a lot. We might already have really effective weight loss pills ;)

9. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    Now we have gave you some really good design and online marketing reviews. If you really want some success, I think you should also get some reviews of the actual products that you sell straight from the potential client. I would suggest going to http://forums.steroid.com/index.php and http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ and figure out a nice way of asking an opinion on those diet forums without sounding spammy. The members there will give you your best honest opinions of your actual product. This is going to be important because it will have an effect on your conversion rate; whether or not it is actually a good product for a good value.

Lavinco, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  10. Sited

Sited Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your banner is awesome, and your colour and design just looks very professional to me.. just focus more on the words though and you should be fine I guess.

Good site you have there, just work on it and hope you the best!

Sited, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  11. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi - I have to agree with Lavinco but need to add my 5 cents.
    Lose the doctor - banner needs to be replaced - you need conversion above the first 300 points - Do this take 4 fngers and place them at the top of your site - anything below that is not too important - if you need really cheap banners done - go to rentacoder.com - you can find them for $10 to $50

The calculator is an ok tool if you would apply an image of a calculator with it.
    You have dead space above the calculator...
    Your Effectiveness Stars are all 5 ***** - you dont want them to see the "best" you have - you want the best and then an ok product - Know to push the one with the best return.

Here is an example of a simple I built the other day: www(.)emailmarketingleads(.)com - pops and gets great return already -

Install plogger or something to at least get 4 to 6 product on the main screen
    You need some form of contact page as well - ther eis absolutley nothing to allow a client to contact you - even getting a skype phone # with voicemail is something.

Put the product first and the wording after it - the only thing that caught my eye - the good one - was the listing of hot offers - nice bright red - but then again that should be above product reviews.

Hope this all helps! And I know we all have issues with our own sites - so please take the critique from a fellow -

Good luck and wish you great success,

Nick

bluffspot, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  12. timbrendelaz

timbrendelaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you targeting Brand name keywords or general "Fat loss review" keywords?

If you are targeting general keywords, you may be losing visitors that have not heard of those brands. If you target keywords like "Proactal Review" or "UniqueHoodia Review" you may have better conversions. Also, you may want to research more products at different affiliates to give your visitors more options. Again, you may be reviewing products they havent heard of, which will turn them off.

Just my $0.02 :)

timbrendelaz, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  13. bhavesh1728

bhavesh1728 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Think its your custom made design. You can use Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla for better SEO, Traffic & Navigation.

Your current site navigation is slice difficult to understand to users. Its better to us OScommerce script with Joomla for selling products online.

bhavesh1728, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  14. stef_mrcina

stef_mrcina Member

Best Answers:
    Loading speed is vary good,10/10, design is not the best, 6/10.

stef_mrcina, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  15. Hellboy12

Hellboy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks really good man!

Hellboy12, Feb 9, 2009 IP
    committed2u likes this.
  16. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Nick! All your tips are really worth! Certainly will take it into consideration in my upcoming web upgrade.

committed2u, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  17. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    Very smart idea.. perhaps I'll get some idea from the real reviews from the people there. Bodybuilders are really concern with any products that can help them to burn their fat.

18. zxvs

zxvs Peon

Best Answers:
    look good, its yours?

zxvs, Feb 9, 2009 IP
  19. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm targeting general keywords. Perhaps I should not use review site and create a sales site instead? I guess the brands I'm promoting don't have enough buzz yet.

20. committed2u

committed2u Peon

Best Answers:
    You may right, but I'm afraid a major change will disrupt my SEO effort ;)
    Will work with the design.
    Thanks :) but I'm not satisfied. still many things need improvement.