1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange problem with javascript

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by sejunction, Jun 29, 2006.

one of my client is reporting error with javascript on his site. i worked on this site and removed all onpage js code to external js file. from my side i am not getting any js error, but the client insists that he is getting errors and also that his friends are also getting errors. i have checked the site in several machines and also in different browsers, and everything is ok.

can there be any possible explanations for this ? any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sejunction, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  2. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    Is the client using a Mac? There are sometimes Mac-specific issues that crop up esp. with Safari. When you say different browsers, are you including at least two versions of Internet Explorer for Windows? In short, what brwoser is the client using?

davert, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are loads of reasons. JS is tricky to test. Get your client to send some screenshots or better still go round to his office and check it yourself.

mad4, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  4. sejunction

sejunction Peon

Best Answers:
    >>Get your client to send some screenshots

i got the screenshots, it says 'new_window' (which is a function defined in the js file) is not defined. But in my pc i am still getting it ok...

sejunction, Jun 29, 2006 IP