1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Itally going to ban pray for muslims

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ziya, Feb 2, 2009.

In Italy , in Friuli Venezia Giulia there are going to ban pray for muslims And they are going to ban Islamic clothes for women . They try to stop building of Mosques , and using carpets inside Mosques.

Another step of Anti-Islam ..

I hope they will not do that...

ziya, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  2. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's really outrageous.

Friuli Venezia Giulia should join Mecca and Medina in the black list of religious intolerance.

cientificoloco, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  3. uglyboy

uglyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Italy is to ban demos in front of places of worship.. "For everybody"

uglyboy, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  4. yigiTurkey

yigiTurkey Peon

Best Answers:
    all religions must be tolerated,Italy is doing wrong..

yigiTurkey, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  5. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    New country, new lifestyle :) Lighten up guys, its just clothes.

scubita, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  6. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would I be correct in saying that, if they did not want to end up like the U.K. they could simply cut the welfare?

ncz_nate, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  7. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in Italy is not going to ban in front of places of worship. they are going to ban praying in Arabic . And as I know they are going to ban at offices too . it is equal to ban praying .

--------
    It maybe just clothes for you :) But it is important for Muslim women

ziya, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  8. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any link to support your news? :rolleyes: Plz don't troll

gsv13, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  9. DPian

DPian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please provide any link so we can read the full news related to that article

DPian, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  10. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:

I understand how you feel about that, but how women are treated in Islamic countries who do not wear Islamic clothes?
    Do in Islamic countries allow people from other religions to build their own temples and wear their own style of clothes?

Everyone who visits Italy is supposed to respect their laws, same if they visit Qatar, Quwait, Egypt etc.
    And if the majority of Italians feel like Islam is threatening their culture and identity in some ways, and they want to preserve it so be it.
    If Saudi Arabia wants to preserve her own Islamic culture and keep other religions away so be it.
    We can't dictate to others how to rule their own countries (provided everyone is treated equally according to the laws in the respective country.)

ST12, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  11. Hyder Ali

Hyder Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    Hyder Ali, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  12. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the main reason.

"Italy is to introduce far-reaching restrictions on where demonstrations can be held after a row over recent protests by Muslims outside cathedrals in Rome, Milan and Bologna, Italian newspaper reported Thursday.

The ministerial directive will ban demonstrations in front of all places of worships, barracks, commercial or cultural centers, highly populated areas and other "sensitive zones," the Italian daily La Repubblica reported.

Interior Minister Roberto Maroni will send a circular to all regional governors to ensure that "events like those that took place in front of Milan Cathedral do not happen again," the daily Corriere della Sera reported.

As the demonstration passed the Colosseum Muslims in the crowd bent in prayer facing the Qibla
    A ministerial directive on the issue will be ready by February, an interior ministry spokesman told AFP, without saying anything about its contents.

On Jan. 3, several hundred Muslims protesting the Israeli war in the Gaza Strip knelt down for prayers led by an imam for several minutes in front of cathedrals in Milan and Bolgna, provoking outrage among the Italian right.

A similar prayer protest took place in Rome on Jan. 18 when Muslims participating in a demonstration passed the Colosseum and bent in prayer facing the Qibla, which is towards the ancient monument.

Muslims and others throughout the predominately Catholic country staged several protests against the 22-day war that left more than 1,300 Palestinians dead, the majority civilians.

Leaders of Milan's Muslim community subsequently apologized to the Archbishop of Milan Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi over the Milan prayer.

Maroni is a member of the anti-immigration Northern League, which is part of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's right-wing coalition government.

Just a month earlier Maroni’s party had proposed to freeze the building of new mosques, a move that outraged Italy's Muslim leaders and opposition groups because it essentially criminalized being a Muslim. Italy has about 1.2 million Muslims."

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/01/22/64777.html

The Reason Ziya is about "..... recent protests by Muslims outside cathedrals in Rome, Milan and Bologna,..... "

BTW, how do you think muslims will react if Catholics or Hindus start praying in front of the mosques?

If you ask me anyone who is sincerly praying for peace or something noble should freely pray wherever he likes.

ST12, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  13. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:

But people need rules and laws otherwise people get crazy and pass the limits of reasonable.

scubita, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  14. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I guess it is not good to pray in front of church . As I heard on news , it was not about the protests and it was not about praying in front of churches . It was about that in some part of Italy praying will be banned ( inside building, inside Mosques praying will not be allowed in Arabic )

But about the protest. Is ancient monument a church or something like that ? Maybe praying outside is just a way of civil protesting

ziya, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  15. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    If I were an Italian and I couldn't practice my religion freely, I would leave the country.

If I couldn't leave, I would practice my religion and I would forbear till God judge between me and my people, and God is the Best of Judges.

Wait, you cannot do more than that.

Remember the prophet Mohammad (prayer and peace be upon him and his family) when he was in Makkah for 13 years and his people were belying him and insulting him and sometimes beating him.

Remember when they surround him and his family and his followers for 3 years so that they might die of hunger or thirst or that they might reject Islam and leave him.

Remember when they punished his followers and killed some of them and when they beated him and encouraged the fool of their people to insult him and attack him.

Remember when he was stoned when he went to another city to convey the message of God for them.

Do the right thing and Don't stop, God will casue you to forget every harm by what He will give you in Paradise, God is Great, but we are hurry.

Polite teen, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  16. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats stupidity to the max..... I think they will get back to normal, think over it and have a press meet very soon.. Don't worry!!

mdvasanth86, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  17. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO it is good to pray anywhere with the respect to all people around me.

ST12, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  18. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Saudi Arabia does not allow Christians to build a church there. They won't allow western people to wear their clothes when in Saudi Arabia. So why should Italy let muslims build a mosque there? Why should they let muslims wear Islamic clothes while they are in Italy? They should give these rights to Muslims only after they give the same rights to other religions in Saudi Arabia and other muslim countries.

tbarr60 likes this.
  19. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The world should do what Italy is doing. Thumbs up Italy!

wwws, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Freedom of religion is one of the basic rights of a human being. Saudi Arabia being one of the less tolerant countries, does not mean that Italy needs to mimic them. This is a sad day and a step backwards for Italy.

wisdomtool, Feb 8, 2009 IP
    lycos likes this.