1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft wants you to pay by how much you use Windows

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Dec 30, 2008.

1. narci

narci Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. hope this would not be happen.

narci, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  2. erichamby

erichamby Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but apple does not make thee own. Harddrives come from WD or maxtor, memory is from crucial, logicboards come from asus in the desktops and intel in the laptops, cpu is intel, and video is either nvidia or ati. sorry but its the exact same has a pc..

erichamby, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  3. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft has got a larger presence throughout the world. so no matter how much testing is done some bugs will always be found!!
    compare it with the Apple, which is used by a handful of people...

where did u get that data from??
    i think its about 40%...check out the link in here:
    Click Here

that said, Mac has got a long way to go before it comes anywhere close to the MS!!

when u look at the larger perspective, u would find that MS has got over 88% of the market share...Click Here for details.

well, Apple makes their own....great.:rolleyes:
    have u heard the saying..."jack of all trades & master of none".;)

but what`s wrong with MS if, it just chooses to focus on its core competencies...!! :)

erolelcott, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    When I make a cake, I don't grind my own flour and harvest sugar cane to do it and Sara Lee won't say my cake is the same as theirs. If you open up a Mac, you won't find any off the shelf hardware in there that you can buy at Best Buy or NewEgg. The hardware design of a Mac is not the same as one that runs Windows.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    We're talking operability, not bugs. Macs work out of the box. You don't always have that assurance with Windows.
    Millions. In the graphics industry, everyone uses Macs.
    Last year, the Gartner Group.
    Close enough. Good to see they agree.
    The trend is MS is sinking and Apple is gaining. We'll see where it goes.
    Don't have a clue what you are trying to say. The claim was that Apple uses the same hardware as Windows PCs. They don't.

6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Now think about this. If 40%-50% of college students use a Mac, what will their future spouses and kids use? What about their friends and relatives? What trend does this set for future purchases of computers?

7. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    ...& vice-versa for Macs. btw, operatability & being "bug-free" are two sides of the same coin!!

if people in the multimedia industry prefer Macs, that doesn`t mean everyone uses Macs (even within the graphics industry)...:rolleyes:

the majority still relies on Windows!!

i see.:)

i think u better check those links again...the title says that MS market share increased.

who made that claim...?
    i don`t understand how has this "hardware" thing crept into this debate??

do u use the same stuff(tech) which ur father or grand father used??:confused:
    the thing is, tech evolves almost every 2nd year & people r gonna use whatever is best at that point of time...more than anything else!!

....& even that popularity among college students, which u claim Macs have, has yet to be matched in most campus computing environments, which run on industry-standard hardware and software that rely on powerful Windows-based servers and compatible network architecture.

erolelcott, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  8. Chuckun

Chuckun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They'd loose everyone.

They will not do this, don't worry. Linux is always the better option if they do though >.<

Chuckun, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  9. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    You missed something: that computer which runs Windows AND other software, it's FOR RENT, not your own ;)
    Don't mislead people on purpose! Of course that if you RENT a car, it's not yours, it is owned by the company that you rent from.

Yankee85, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You're trying to divert the topic. The point is that when you buy a Mac, you know it works out of the box and everything you plug into it will work. When you buy something for a Windows PC, how many people come here complaining something doesn't work and they find out they have to change some setting or download the latest driver or it doesn't work with Vista, only XP, etc.
    And just because Windows dominates, it doesn't mean only "a handful of people" use Macs :rolleyes:[/quote]
    I wasn't talking about market share. Microsoft has lost sales revenue every quarter last year and has stated it will continue to lose revenue for some unspecified time.
    Apples sales revenue, however, doubled last year.
    Follow the posts above.
    They were never into computers.
    If that was true, everyone would be using Macs.
    Someone posted a link to that study by a research company above.
    Heh. I don't know but computer science students don't have Windows to work on except where Microsoft paid off some schools with free hardware and software. Then they're forced to indoctrinate/mind-meld them to Windows software cause they don't have enough real software to teach with. Step on any Stanford campus and see all the lovely Unix/Linux/BSD machines everywhere for their infrastructure and teaching.

You can talk all you want that Macs aren't making inroads but you are ignoring the sales numbers and research companies saying otherwise.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  11. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not logical, if true then I'll start looking to open source now.

wptheme, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  12. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious...:confused:

& exactly, how do you suppose I know that...??
    On the contrary, I felt Macs were no match for Windows to say the least. The only thing that worked smoothly for me on Macs were some of the Multimedia products.

With the installed user base of Windows PC's, you definately get more problems, but proportionally, I'm not sure if it's any more than Macs.:rolleyes:

I think that`s an impact of the global recession, more than anything else.

It is easier to have very rapid growth rates from a low base... & that can make things look good even, in the worst of times!!

Why not follow YOU...

If Macs are so good then, people will use it anyway...:p

Care to give me credit where, its due..??

I thought that was supposed to be a good thing !!

Should I list some of them for you...??

I`ve studied at the Princeton & during my studies, I had the opportunity of visiting many Uni Campuses unfortunately, Stanford, was not one of them. However, what I noticed was, most of them employed Windows & its supporting architecture.

I told you.... with a low base, the sales figure in general & the growth rate in particular, will look spectacular, when compared with Windows.

erolelcott, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  13. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You've never owned a Mac, have you?
    How so? Don't make blanket statements like that.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  14. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish it were true...but then, I wouldn`t have known the truth about Macs!!

Click here for more info !!

Check my aforementioned link.

Apple has been caught in the recession. Its projected growth is just a fraction of what it was last year at this time, and also the year before that.

Check this out.

Really...:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, 16 years ago, MS bought $200,000,000 worth of stock from Apple to keep it going!! At the time Apple was in serious trouble.
    Even still, it is hard to believe Apple has more cash on hand, given their quarterly net profit relative to MS. It indicates that Apple is far more 'conservative' with its money. For example, Microsoft would be in debt right now, not in the black, if it had bought Yahoo.

In any case, the balance sheet is a snapshot at a moment in time, it doesn't necessarily mean all that much. While it certainly reminds us how significant the reversal in Apple's fortunes has been, it doesn't mean much in absolute terms.

I do...

How can you say that. Is this some sort of a blanket statement..??

But why then, would those reputed Colleges include such products, in the 1st place...??

I`m talking about both.

...& you say, I`m not following!!

Are you trying to compare FF with Macs...??

Maybe you`re good at making predictions, but let`s see if, those things can actually, materialize in the coming years....

erolelcott, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  15. ihateasianparents

ihateasianparents Banned

Best Answers:
    So much quotes.
    personally if Microsoft did this I would not use ms anymore...Apple pcs are more expensive but it looks better and hopefully it has more features. I have the ipod touch made by apple and I just can't say how amazing it is.

ihateasianparents, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    lol! Oh, please. Let's get someone other than a Microsoftie's article, OK? Especially someone who knows the proper way to read Symantec's (and Secunia's) vulnerability reports and knows that RedHat patches include 3rd party software packages.The actual number of vulnerabilities is far, far less than the 208 shown by that goofball. Last time I looked at this it was around 20 or half that of Windows.
    And it's so bad for Microsoft, they won't even venture to guess.

It was $150 Million.
    Apple has more cash than Microsoft
    You were talking of the university offices before, not the students. I'm having a heck of a time following your line of discussion.
    I'm good at following trends and patterns.

17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for getting back on topic.

18. husla3x

husla3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We always say how microsoft can't be stupid enough to blank....But then they always blank any way.

husla3x, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  19. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think this will ever happen , just maybe to some special microsoft services tools and even if it does it will be just a question of time for it to be cracked.

phpwnes, Feb 8, 2009 IP
  20. matt44west

matt44west Peon

Best Answers:
    Say hello to more Macs sold....

matt44west, Feb 8, 2009 IP