1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make Money With Internet Marketing - Step By Step Follow Along

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by loktakwah, Dec 28, 2008.

1. loktakwah

loktakwah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's not much more for me to post about howtoattract.org. That site is pretty much done and on auto-pilot now. All you need to do is add fresh content every now and then and keep links up by posting in yahoo answers or some forums or article submissions occasionally.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm glad some of you found this helpful.

I've started keeping a detailed log of every site I build, as well as e-mail campaigns and stuff. I'll probably post some of them as I finish them and pretty them up, or I might combine them all into a book or something. I'll update this post if I make another one of these, or I'll just post a new thread in this forum.

Side note: Is there any way to find out why I was banned? I didn't get a pm or anything explaining it and I've read over the rules again and I don't think I broke any.

loktakwah, Jan 12, 2009 IP
    agilius likes this.
  2. ryon1

ryon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.
    Great post.

ryon1, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. agilius

agilius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great thread, I appreciate that you toke the time to write and share all this with us. Rep added, keep up the good work, and... thanks for putting it all in one place, I had all this in my mind, but I never ever tried to put it in such an organized way. Again, great thread Loktakwah!

Regards,
    Agilius

agilius, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm going to try the methods as you described them here. I've been doing some keyword research as you ahve suggested. I think I found something worth trying. Being a developer is going to help me out. :)

PHPGator, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  5. Abvance

Abvance Peon

Best Answers:
    good work pal

Abvance, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  6. idrockthat

idrockthat Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you. It's easier to feel confident investing time with a proven guideline.

idrockthat, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  7. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    loktakwah you are to be commended for your work. It is amazing that you are willing to share such insight. It is hard to disagree with your post when so much work has been done, but I hope it is ok to comment. I wouldn’t mine getting some feedback.

1. I wonder if starting a website on which keyword may give best search results is the best approach for a long term website. If I found a great keyword in the diet pill industry, my lack of interest or passion for writing and maintaining a site related to the diet industry would be my downfall. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds - a great niche with keyword search results that you have a passion for, but if not, I’m going to go with what turns me on and in doing so I hope to turn other people on to it as well. It may take me longer to get results, but in the long haul I think sticking to a site theme I enjoy will eventually make some dollars. But then again, maybe I'm being naive and the webmaster world leans more your way for starting a site.

2. Your comments on bookmarking sights for backlinks. Aren’t most of them no-follow? If they are, google bot would not pick up your links on bookmarking sites for indexing. Maybe, I’m wrong, but I thought it was worth asking.

Again, your article is far superior from most I have read and you should be putting this on your own site. I can tell from reading your article and the effort put forth, that you have a passion for expressing your experiences. You should be reaping the rewards for your effort.

Thanks again and keep it up. You sound like a season pro

steveeyes, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  8. petermc

petermc Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips thank you

petermc, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  9. loktakwah

Best Answers:
    Steveeys,

What I describe in my post is mainly for short-term niche sites. These are sites you can throw up in a few days and have them basically run themselves without much work. It won't make you rich, but they are easy to create and you can make lots of them.

Going for a long-term site is just as good, if not a better, way of going about building a site.

And yes, a lot of the social bookmarking sites are no-follow, but some are do-follow. And, you still get some traffic from the bookmarking sites themself, plus sometimes the bookmarks show up in search engine results. I've never gotten a ton of traffic from any specific bookmark but every little bit helps.

loktakwah, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  10. QuangVo

QuangVo Peon

Best Answers:
  11. wallaroo

wallaroo Peon

Best Answers:
    I found the easiest way around this is that you specify in your project description that the copywriter is to re-write a sample piece of text you have - you send it to them in a PM, dont put it in the project description. I also make up a word that they have to quote or they wont be considered - and I tell them this very clearly in the description - this ensures they can follow directions you give.

wallaroo, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  12. SportsBikeArena

SportsBikeArena Peon

Best Answers:
    loktakwah, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this step by step guide. Your blog has also been extremely helpful too. I'm actually pretty amazed that you were able to make the how to attract {horoscope} person niche profitable. I would have never thought to pursue it.

Just goes to show that you don't really know anything until you test and try it. Thanks again!!!

SportsBikeArena, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  13. ss101

ss101 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice job! I like spending $25 or so and outsource some directory listings with varied anchor text. They don't carry much weight, but it helps vary your anchor text if done correctly.

ss101, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  14. Shh

Shh Member

Best Answers:
    Great info thanks :)

Shh, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  15. budget

budget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'm appreciate for your kindly for sharing this great POST. I have been readed for twice and i love to say that it was great explaination. Many new people can understand about this clearly.

budget, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  16. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Those are a huge tips for me. Keep it up dude..Thx a lot.

Gabung, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  17. JuzaNobo

JuzaNobo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've almost read everything similar that's been posted in another website.

These things are helping many people in building niche sites.. great insights and ideas to newbies like me..

keyword optimization really plays a vital role for a site to be a "hit" or not.

JuzaNobo, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  18. loktakwah

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd post an update. I haven't been doing any advertising other than running Bookmarking Demon about once a month on the site. And, I still haven't added any new content since I first put the site up. Traffic has been steadily growing but I can't figure out any offers that will convert. I have tried psychic reading offers, horoscope, dating, etc. I've still only sold 1 ebook and the site is only making about $10/mo in advertising from adsense. Here is a screenshot of the traffic stats this year.

[​IMG]

If anyone has any ideas on how to convert the traffic, please let me know. I'm thinking about just selling the site to someone who could use the traffic.

Also, can I get a show of hands for how many people would want another step by step like this? I'm in the process of writing one up as a .pdf file but I don't know if there would be enough interest to make it worth all the effort.

loktakwah, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  19. shubh

shubh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for forwarding this useful information. I am also in the same business but working for different companies like travel.justluxe.com, foreclosureworkouts.info or pragmaticoutsourcing.com for different purpose. Today, instead of depending on one working profile, it is better to provide multiple services as the clients want one stop source to avail all the services.

shubh, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  20. Yasinta

Yasinta Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips, motivating me to spend more hours on doing my blog. I've been on and off so far... and my ranks going up slowly.

Yasinta, Jun 21, 2009 IP