1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Okay, so they banned me from Warrior Forum because of my name?! (lol)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Game Producer, Jan 28, 2009.

1. marcuspassey

marcuspassey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Rich Mann did you get a chance to check out why I might of been banned I sent you a PM.

Cheers

Marcus

marcuspassey, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I've been on Warrior Forum once, and the people there seem a little too pie in the sky spiritual to me. Positive thinking and believing the great forces. Everywhere else the internet tells you that you have to work at your online business to get it going. Positive thinking is okay, but depending on positive thinking is a little iffy to me.

I prefer to stick tot he pragmatic and good advice.

Augra, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. But, are you looking for work, webmaster advice, buying, or warm fuzzies? :p

Karen May Jones, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  4. Shh

Shh Member

Best Answers:
    If I had a hard to pronounce name then I may be tempted to adopt a John ( Jane) Doe or something and stick with it.. ;)

Why tell them it is a nick?

Shh, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  5. ehawee22

ehawee22 Peon

Best Answers:

Agree honey!
    ;)

ehawee22, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  6. ehawee22

ehawee22 Peon

Best Answers:
    ...but that doesn't mean one couldn't learn from other sites too (and the fact that I actually paid for their private membership)[/QUOTE]

So that is the real problem!
    That is too bad honey!
    I was also banned but I don't know the reason why... So I'm still thinking about it... what a strange forum!
    Don't you think so?

ehawee22, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  7. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    hm, this thread is still live, that surprises me. Seriously, guys, stop promoting them, whether it's positive or negative experience, you still give them free attention...

kozyavka, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  8. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you paid then do a chargeback. They have no rules on names. I have a strange name that I use there.

rolf, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  9. ms.g

ms.g Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same impression, too. But I dunno if most of them are like that. I haven't been roaming there around, so I guess I still have to find out.

Some of the self-professed gurus there give impression of superiority, make the rest feel inferior, most especially the newbies. I just don't like it when people act like the mighty and the genius for knowing many things. They try to build their reputation by bringing others down. True that they may be intelligent, or more learned, yes, but it doesn't give them the license to throw their weight around. Well, I guess the reason why they throw their weight around is that they have extra kilos to throw around, anyway. I'm just kidding. But I guess you get the point.

I've seen this same behavior in some of the people here, but they are not that many. I've read posts of some mods and some people who have huge numbers of posts to brag about. I've seen them moving in throngs, grouped together to bully one. They bully those who can't write as eloquently as them. They answer to people sarcastically who ask questions like a real noob. I can tell what a spam post is from a real question and it's just sad that instead of saying constructive things and put their intelligence to use, they bully the person. If they can't say something good, I thought, hey why don't you just leave the man/woman alone?

In my short stay here, I can say that it is still good, so far. I just hope I won't end up like those gurus, or mods or old members that I've described above when my posts reach thousands. I have a reputation to build too, I know, but I definitely won't build it that way.

ms.g, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  10. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have only twice as many members as DP...
    Most of the members are also older, more serious.

alexs464, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  11. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    Lots of folks there use nicknames. You made me paranoid on my account! :p

So, is it because you didn't use a real name when you established a paid membership? Or, is the name really nothing to do with the banning at all. (I read that name thread and couldn't pull anything from it that would indicate you'd be banned for using a cb handle instead of sirname...)

Karen May Jones, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  12. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what happened. Pretty much the last thing I posted was me saying about my name and the next thing I know that I was banned due spamming. I don't know where I spammed but it sure would be nice to know. As far as I know I didn't break their rules - but it could very well be that due poor communication from my side (or something) caused this ban.

Game Producer, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  13. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So? Why not spread the love. Give people options and let them choose where they want to spend their time. If nobody promoted anything without payment, well, only crap would be promoted. Wouldn't you like it if your website got some free promotion and attention without you having to pay everytime.

Competitors are not enemies. I'd heartily vouch for my quality competitors anyday. [Except maybe bad days]

lightless, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  14. Taylor French

Taylor French Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's pretty harsh.

Taylor French, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  15. marketingandstuff

marketingandstuff Banned

Best Answers:
    the warriors suck actually

marketingandstuff, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  16. gldean

gldean Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was also banned. Been a member since 06, made five posts in an hour and they banned me for spamming. :-(

GD

gldean, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  17. marcuspassey

marcuspassey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I made 2 posts in an hour think tharts why I got banned.

Marcus

marcuspassey, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  18. milan1west

milan1west Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you tell the "real" story of why you got banned? :eek:

Let's get some perspective here.

First off forums, (the Warrior forum, Digital Point,etc), don't just ban people because of something as simple as using a nickname instead of your real one; in fact, most of them encourage you NOT to use your real name - so that's obviously not the reason you were banned - no matter what you say.

Second even if some Warrior forum moderator was just having a BAD day and decided to start banning random people just for the hell of it, why would he have also deleted your posts?

Pretty fishy to me.

Just look at this forum - there's at least one banned person's posts in almost every thread (especially in the BST section), and most of their posts are still there. So why was yours deleted?? :rolleyes::eek:

Just my 2 cents.

milan1west, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  19. Karen May Jones

Best Answers:
    He said he wasn't sure. He even admitted that he may have done something wrong, but not on purpose. Miscommunication or misunderstaning of terms, maybe.

The board over there doesn't seem that harsh to me, but like you said, his stuff is deleted...so it must have been something wrong, but I'm pretty sure it isn't about the user name. (I hope) :eek:.

I've only been a member of two boards ever that required real name. But, really, how would they even know!

Karen May Jones, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. presli

presli Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha banned for your nickname - made laught :D But i honestly doubt that this is the only reason
    + what are the benefits from private membership and how much does it cost ?
    This is the first time i heard of it ^^

presli, Feb 7, 2009 IP